Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Recommend a cigar...
badbriar 07:10 AM 08-02-2015
What Maduro / Oscuro cigar fits this bill...

Tasty, "flavor bomb", medium in strength, good construction, readily available and affordable ($5-7 range). I've been enjoying some new to me sticks lately and am finding that there are times when I just don't feel like having one or two heavy, potent cigars. Suggestions? :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:51 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by badbriar:

Tasty, "flavor bomb", medium in strength, good construction, readily available and affordable ($5-7 range). I've been enjoying some new to me sticks lately and am finding that there are times when I just don't feel like having one or two heavy, potent cigars. Suggestions? :-)
601 Blue, DPG Blue.:-):-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:51 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by badbriar:

La Duena by Janny Garcia
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/c...1505/la-duena/
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:32 AM 08-02-2015
Some that fit the bill that I've enjoyed:
PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura
PDR 1878 Capa Oscuro Reserva Dominicana
El Rey Del Mundo
H. Upmann Media Noche
Brick House Maduro
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Maduro
Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro
L'Atelier Maduro
Oliva Serie G Maduro

All of these are available with maduro or oscuro wrappers, are medium strength (although the Brick House and Upmann lean towards medium-full), and can be had for <$7/stick.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 11:36 AM 08-02-2015
The Ramon Bueso Genesis from the CI megalo-cigar store empire is actually quite nice and well below your price target.
[Reply]
Remo 11:41 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
The Ramon Bueso Genesis from the CI megalo-cigar store empire is actually quite nice and well below your price target.
Really good daily smoke :-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:27 PM 08-02-2015
From Holt's, Old Henry Maduro.
Slap full of flavor, fits your bill all the way around.
Zero aging potential, they need a few months to dry out and they're excellent for the next year, then they fall off rapidly.
That window is absolutely and insanely glorious, though.
Notice these guys didn't mention them. It's my little secret. :-)
Guaranteed you will not be disappointed. :-)

El Cobre is another. A bit stronger, but as a trade-off it gives up the sweet fullness.
I think you'd enjoy that AFTER you get you fill of Old Henry maduros. :-)
[Reply]
Simple1 08:42 AM 08-03-2015
Recently I've found the RP Decade Cameroon. It has a very nice sweetness to it, and not too strong, but great flavor. Burns and draws like an NC should.
[Reply]
Ogre 11:11 AM 08-03-2015
CI Legends Red (Perdomo) has a really good flavor profile.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:40 PM 08-03-2015
The Punch Cameroon series of cigars are quite good and fill that bill.
[Reply]
Weelok 12:01 AM 08-04-2015
Lot of good choices above. I like the Illusuione Rothechildes but not sure they are "Madurai". 601 Blue is very nice as mentioned above.

Seek out the Surrogates Skull Breaker and Bine Crusher.

A brother posted buying these at Cigar King and right in your price range.

http://www.cigarking.com/latelier-su...-25x52-5-pack/
[Reply]
Weelok 12:04 AM 08-04-2015
I checked on Atlantic and the Illusione Rothchildes are maduro, quite tasty
[Reply]
dave 06:56 AM 08-04-2015
Tatuaje Tatoo over Illusione Rothschild any day, every day

Speaking of Surrogates, Tramp Stamp fits the bill (though may be close to upper end of your cost spectrum.)

May not be all that readily available (and may push the price envelope), but I'd take a La Palina Kill Bill or Kill Bill II over just about anything listed above. Don't let the size fool you. Take your time, sip these and let your mind be blown.
[Reply]
DaBear 09:57 AM 08-08-2015
If you're really in the mood for some broadleaf, theres always La Casita Criollas. Broadleaf puro. Every once in awhile when I'm jonesin bad for that twang I'll grab one of them bad boys.

And I've been a sucker for the Illusione Gigantes since they were released. Slightly sweeter than the Rothchildes and a bit bigger, both of which are pluses for me.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 02:05 AM 08-09-2015
EP Carrillo La Historia
Asylum Nyctophilia (It's a TAA Exclusive, but if you have a TAA shop near you they are only $6)
[Reply]
bkv04fsu 12:49 PM 08-11-2015
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligeros
[Reply]
timj219 10:54 PM 10-13-2015
I'll third the illusione rothschild and add the illusione 88 robusto maduro as well. Can't make up my mind which I like better.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:54 AM 10-14-2015
Originally Posted by bkv04fsu:
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligeros
These are worth trying at least once. Flavorful and strong. Not for a beginner.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:00 AM 10-14-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
These are worth trying at least once. Flavorful and strong. Not for a beginner.
Have a couple of boxes of these guys - very nice! These are actually the ones I'm looking for a lighter companion to. Not giving up on the LFD's - my favorites along with LADC's. Just looking for a lighter, different flavor. :-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 04:41 PM 10-14-2015
CI has Oliva Serie V seconds on special. I figure, it's worth the risk.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up