Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>L.J. Peretti Boston
mosesbotbol 05:36 AM 07-08-2015
How's that Davidoff?
[Reply]
pattersong 08:24 AM 07-08-2015
I didn't smoke outside, but I don't recall seeing anything that would have stopped anyone...the park with the golden ducks would have suited a cigar very nicely!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:29 PM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by pattersong:
I didn't smoke outside, but I don't recall seeing anything that would have stopped anyone...the park with the golden ducks would have suited a cigar very nicely!
Against the law to smoke on public property in Boston.
[Reply]
Subvet642 03:25 PM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Against the law to smoke on public property in Boston.
I do it every day, on that very same sidewalk, and nobody cares.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:51 AM 07-09-2015
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I do it every day, on that very same sidewalk, and nobody cares.
Law breaker :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:39 AM 07-09-2015
Law breaker :-)
Stupid law. The State refers to the tobacco tax as a "user fee". I pay the damned fee, I use the product. One cannot rightfully charge a fee for something and then deny the payer what they've paid for.
[Reply]
pattersong 01:10 PM 07-13-2015
Stupid law. The State refers to the tobacco tax as a "user fee". I pay the damned fee, I use the product. One cannot rightfully charge a fee for something and then deny the payer what they've paid for.

Well said!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:58 PM 07-13-2015
Sure they can. Just like you can't have open containers of alcohol in public. They are not denying you the product, just limiting the scope of where you can use it.

We all know 2nd hand smoke is so dangerous in the open air...
[Reply]
Subvet642 02:23 AM 07-16-2015
Sure they can. Just like you can't have open containers of alcohol in public. They are not denying you the product, just limiting the scope of where you can use it.
Perhaps, but they also claim the right to deny the use of tobacco on private property, as well. And what is the sanction for that? A fine; more money. I'm sick of getting shoved around by our public servants.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:54 AM 07-16-2015
Perhaps, but they also claim the right to deny the use of tobacco on private property, as well.
What law is that? I am unfamiliar with that one.
[Reply]
pattersong 07:19 AM 07-16-2015
Private property? That's starting to sound like Canada. I guess smoking under a blanket in your basement can still hurt someone's feelings who lives on the other side of the street.
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:29 AM 07-16-2015
What law is that? I am unfamiliar with that one.
Restaurants, bars, etc., regardless of what the owner wants.

I remember the days when I could have a cigarette, a steak and a whiskey on the table at the same time; glorious!
If anyone wants to drag me into court over a smoke, I'll happily comply, I'll pay the damned fine, but I'll have my say!
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:47 AM 07-16-2015
Restaurants, bars, etc., regardless of what the owner wants.

I remember the days when I could have a cigarette, a steak and a whiskey on the table at the same time; glorious!
If anyone wants to drag me into court over a smoke, I'll happily comply, I'll pay the damned fine, but I'll have my say!
Since they passed that law, every bar and pub now has drunks standing on the sidewalks, smoking, because they can't smoke inside. Quincy center has become blighted because of it.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:33 PM 07-16-2015
You use to be able to smoke in the Dunhill store on Newbury while trying on bespoke clothes & sipping a Scotch. Last Dunhill store I went to in December wasn't even selling cigars...
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:25 PM 07-16-2015
You use to be able to smoke in the Dunhill store on Newbury while trying on bespoke clothes & sipping a Scotch. Last Dunhill store I went to in December wasn't even selling cigars...
I'm just sick of being treated like a pariah and being made to pay (higher taxes) for the privilege.

I know I've come off pretty grumpy lately, all around, but it's not always easy to keep a sunny attitude. I'll try to lighten up; I'm starting to irritate myself.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up