Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>My poor wife...
Neuromancer 10:57 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
So the wife has been on a diet, a few minutes ago I looked over at her, she's about halfway through an AVO heritage and I swear she's bright green. She says her head hurts, she feels sick, and she feels like she's drunk. This is the first time this has happened to her, so what do you guys do when a cigar makes you turn colors? She looks so pitiful, now she's laying on the cold floor... What can I tell her to help her out?
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
give her some hard candy. She might have nicotine poisoning
It's not really poisoning...when the small amount of nicotine in a cigar makes you ill, it's usually referred to as a rush, not quite as far along as a poisoning...for it to be poisoning it would have to be sixty milligrams of nicotine (the amount in about 30-40 cigarettes), whcih has the potential to kill an adult who is not a smoker if all of the nicotine were absorbed. This figure is ~120 mg in chronic cigarette smokers, smoking an average of 20 non-light cigarettes delivering ~1.7 mg of nicotine each daily.

Originally Posted by Ismith75:
Sugar and water. Give her some candy, piece of fruit etc. Get her blood sugar up.
While a soda works, hard candy would take too long...the easiest solution is just a teaspoon or two of sugar and the nicotine rush is usually neutralized within moments...
[Reply]
T.G 11:10 PM 03-13-2012
It must have been good she smoked it almost to the band in under a half hour.
Probably has a bit to do with it. The AVO Heritage is a fairly stout cigar, speed smoking something like that has the potential to give an experienced smoker a case of the spins, let alone a newer smoker. Best to slow down a bit.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:40 PM 03-13-2012
Nobody mentioned mouth to mouth!:-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:59 PM 03-13-2012
Whatta trooper.
Sounds like she smoked it way too fast lol
[Reply]
Hem 12:00 AM 03-14-2012
Ugh that's a bad feeling. I'm yet to get really sick but have felt it coming on..almost like being motion sick with a headache...sorry it happened to you! :-)
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 04:02 AM 03-14-2012
I feel for her, man. My 3rd cigar was a Diesel UHC and it put me down. I was dizzy and felt sick for about 20 minutes. I went to the bathroom, blew chunks and felt tons better. Still a little woozy, but better.

Now, when I start to feel the dizzys I grab a soda or some kind of candy. It takes away the stomach aches, however, the head spins still stay
[Reply]
xFreebirdx 05:19 AM 03-14-2012
Hope she's feeling better. :-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:35 AM 03-14-2012
Are you inhaling it? An AVO is usually a great gentle smoke to me at least. Maybe go with a lighter smoke,smoke it slow and drink water with it after a meal maybe. And take your time and enjoy the smoke, put it down for a few minutes if you have to. Its no race.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:45 AM 03-14-2012
Definitely helps to smoke a cigar after a decent sized meal.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:12 AM 03-14-2012
I find it interesting - so let me give you a bit more information about what nicotine actually does to the body.

The way that nicotine reacts with your brain causes the reaction of dumping "reserve" sugar into your blood stream. This takes your "reserve" sugar and convinces your brain to flood all of it into your blood stream - far more than it would normally. This rapidly depletes your "reserved" sugar FAR faster than you will be used to. So after some amount of time you end up with a bottomed out blood sugar.

A "nicotine buzz" is actually an extreme form of a sugar high.

PS - about 4 weeks ago I cleaned vomit off of a carpet from where a female friend of mine was smoking hookah and had lied to me about the last time she ate. I now keep sugar packets in my room.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hotreds 08:24 AM 03-14-2012
I keep some plain M&Ms handy just in case. As stated, sugar is your friend when smoking a strong cigar, and so is slow speed. Many times smoking too quickly will result in ill feeling. So, Rebekka got a double-whammy of empty stomach and speed smoking. Never a good combination! FLY NAVY!
[Reply]
Reaver2145 11:09 AM 03-14-2012
1. PICS are needed for things like this.

2. Did she eat anything before hand

3. How can you have no boiled sweets in your house

I almost forget my remedy is soft toffee a cube or six (like anyone stops at one cube) works wonders.
[Reply]
oooo35980 12:30 PM 03-14-2012
Heh she would have killed me if I'd taken pictures of her on the floor. It might have been worth it though. We usually smoke after dinner but this was an after lunch one, lunch is a lighter meal. What is a boiled sweet?
[Reply]
ArgusP2 12:54 PM 03-14-2012
The consensus is sugar is the fix, which i whole heartedly agree with. As far as the delivery system, I have had great success with emptying a sugar packet or two under my tongue and letting it dissolve.
Oh yeah, my first time my "friends" definitely took pictures.... just sayin'

Hahahaha!!
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 01:06 PM 03-14-2012
Soda works wonders for me when I feel like I've had one cigar too many.
:-)
[Reply]
Reaver2145 03:53 PM 03-14-2012
Heh she would have killed me if I'd taken pictures of her on the floor. It might have been worth it though. We usually smoke after dinner but this was an after lunch one, lunch is a lighter meal. What is a boiled sweet?
Im perfectly ok with her killing you just as long as she tapes it.

And a boiled sweet is the English thus proper and correct way of saying hard candy.
[Reply]
MrClean 04:10 PM 03-14-2012
I was smoking a Cain Daytona the other day and accidentally inhaled a full pull. I used to smoke cigarettes so I guess maybe I reverted back to my old habit when not paying attention. It kicked my butt, I got light headed and had to out the stick, thought I might get sick, but the feeling went away pretty quickly. Luckily I was most of the way done with it. :-)
[Reply]
oooo35980 04:36 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Reaver2145:
Im perfectly ok with her killing you just as long as she tapes it.

And a boiled sweet is the English thus proper and correct way of saying hard candy.
Oh, why is it called a boiled sweet, I mean hard candy is self explanatory. Boiled sweet sounds like something sweet thrown in boiling water. Like a hard boiled egg or something.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:13 PM 03-14-2012
The term is a bit redundant as the only way a Brit knows how to cook anything is to throw it in a pot and boil away for 2-4hours. :-)
[Reply]
Enphrared 05:18 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by MrClean:
I was smoking a Cain Daytona the other day and accidentally inhaled a full pull. I used to smoke cigarettes so I guess maybe I reverted back to my old habit when not paying attention. It kicked my butt, I got light headed and had to out the stick, thought I might get sick, but the feeling went away pretty quickly. Luckily I was most of the way done with it. :-)
LOL, whoa nelly!! :-)

That Padron last month at Outlaw whooped my ass.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up