Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>My poor wife...
oooo35980 08:12 PM 03-13-2012
So the wife has been on a diet, a few minutes ago I looked over at her, she's about halfway through an AVO heritage and I swear she's bright green. She says her head hurts, she feels sick, and she feels like she's drunk. This is the first time this has happened to her, so what do you guys do when a cigar makes you turn colors? She looks so pitiful, now she's laying on the cold floor... What can I tell her to help her out?
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:13 PM 03-13-2012
give her some hard candy. She might have nicotine poisoning
[Reply]
Ismith75 08:14 PM 03-13-2012
Sugar and water. Give her some candy, piece of fruit etc. Get her blood sugar up.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:15 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by Ismith75:
Sugar and water. Give her some candy, piece of fruit etc. Get her blood sugar up.
we have to be twins
[Reply]
sevans105 08:16 PM 03-13-2012
Had to do the same thing for a buddy on Saturday. Jellybeans, orange juice and he was doing a lot better.
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:21 PM 03-13-2012
Thanks guys, no hard candy so I made her have a few tablespoons of honey and some water, she's not quite off the floor yet but says she's a little better. I've never seen anyone react that badly.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:27 PM 03-13-2012
I havent done had or seen this happen. But i read a thread on here about it. I did learn i did. Pnoon see i do learn you said i would never amount to nothing. LOL just a joke
[Reply]
austin3trio 08:34 PM 03-13-2012
Thank you guys. He usually just laughs at me. I am feeling A LOT better.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:37 PM 03-13-2012
I always found brown sugar to work as well and fast as about anything out there! I usually put it under my tongue and let it dissolve. Might take a couple of spoonfuls over several minutes.
[Reply]
dwoodward 08:39 PM 03-13-2012
This is the exact reason I drink a soda with a really strong cigar. I don't end up on the floor, but im not feeling good afterwards if i don't have any sugar with it.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:40 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by austin3trio:
Don't take it personally Rebekka! It's hapenned to many of us, even seasoned smokers! Always a good idea to smoke stronger cigars on a full stomach, and NOT in a closed area. BTW, great cigar! Sorry it wasn't nice to you!
[Reply]
Stephen 08:40 PM 03-13-2012
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:41 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I always found brown sugar to work as well and fast as about anything out there! I usually put it under my tongue and let it dissolve. Might take a couple of spoonfuls over several minutes.
Makes sense, I've always heard things absord faster in the mouth than in the stomache. My grandpa used to put BC powder under his tonguč when he had a headache because he said it worked faster.
[Reply]
Digs 08:41 PM 03-13-2012
It has to be one of the worst feelings!! She will snap out of like it never happened. Taki/SteelCityBoy (Kenny) and myself on super bowl Sunday all burned the beloved FFP and then POW it hit us all! We were down for the count then one by one we snapped out of it all within 5-10 minutes of each other we returned to normal. Folks say sugar works to clear up the ill feeling, what has more sugar then a Coke? She will be fine it happens to the biggest toughest men.
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:42 PM 03-13-2012
And for the record I only laughed a little.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:43 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
Makes sense, I've always heard things absord faster in the mouth than in the stomache. My grandpa used to put BC powder under his tonguč when he had a headache because he said it worked faster.
BC powder made me tose my cookies never again
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:45 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Don't take it personally Rebekka! It's hapenned to many of us, even seasoned smokers! Always a good idea to smoke stronger cigars on a full stomach, and NOT in a closed area. BTW, great cigar! Sorry it wasn't nice to you!
It must have been good she smoked it almost to the band in under a half hour.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:46 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
It must have been good she smoked it almost to the band in under a half hour.
that might be the reason.
[Reply]
DaBear 08:50 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by austin3trio:
Word of advice if you're starting a new diet and aren't sure how the cigars will affect you, take out a glass of something sugary with you to drink and sip it with the cigar, helps combat the nicotine. Root beer is always a solid standby, but I love me some Cheerwine with anything I smoke.
[Reply]
austin3trio 08:57 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Word of advice if you're starting a new diet and aren't sure how the cigars will affect you, take out a glass of something sugary with you to drink and sip it with the cigar, helps combat the nicotine. Root beer is always a solid standby, but I love me some Cheerwine with anything I smoke.

Thanks. I got that one from Cole. So had no idea about it. I will drink something besides water with it, next time.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up