Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cuba visit
cigarsmoker2543 06:28 PM 03-09-2012
I have to say, I hope the Embargo with Cuba never get's lifted. If this were to happen, It would turn into what I call an American strip mall.

Cuba is Awsome, Clean, Serene, Gorgeous. It's land is full of History and Tradition. I beleive that we need to keep the Wonder of it far away from American hands.

Enjoy a Cuban C'GAR when U can, BUT let the CUBAN'S enjoy CUBA
BHalbrooks 06:29 PM 03-09-2012
I'd be ok with sacrificing that it if meant getting Cubans easier... Just saying.
hotreds 06:33 PM 03-09-2012
Not too many Cubans enjoy Cuba. Very strange post.....
cjhalbrooks 06:34 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
I'd be ok with sacrificing that it if meant getting Cubans easier... Just saying.
I have to agree if i dont have to deploy to get Cubans then i will vote for Obama...
Remo 06:35 PM 03-09-2012
So, as I understand it Americans can freely travel there but we cannot spend US currency thus the embargo....so can I exchange for Candian currency and spend that? I want to go becuase they have EPIC flyfishing....and I will smoke CC's while I am doing that :-)
Remo 06:36 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I thought they risked life and limb on homemade rafts for the adventure of it all :-)
BHalbrooks 06:38 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
I thought they risked life and limb on homemade rafts for the adventure of it all :-)
I literally :-)

****, I'm still laughing 5 minutes later.
688sonarmen 06:39 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
I have to agree if i dont have to deploy to get Cubans then i will vote for Obama...
Mean that does what?
Pseudosacred 06:43 PM 03-09-2012
I get this from it,

If he doesn't have to deploy (leave the country) to get Cubans, he will vote for Obama. Because, Obama supports easing the embargo.

Eh?
BHalbrooks 06:44 PM 03-09-2012
1+1?
Pseudosacred 06:46 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
1+1?
:-):-)
SD Beerman 06:47 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
what he said....:-)
jluck 06:52 PM 03-09-2012
So, as I understand it Americans can freely travel there but we cannot spend US currency thus the embargo....so can I exchange for Candian currency and spend that? I want to go becuase they have EPIC flyfishing....and I will smoke CC's while I am doing that :-)
Mike, from what I have researched Cuba will gladly take US currency. Just don't tell them you are from the US. I hope to do a carribean cruise soon and so far that's the general info I have got.
cjhalbrooks 06:53 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
I get this from it,

If he doesn't have to deploy (leave the country) to get Cubans, he will vote for Obama. Because, Obama supports easing the embargo.

Eh?
Well close... I will vote for Obama if he will lift the embargo. For those who don't know Obama is forcing the Military to CUT their numbers and he has said somethings that i will not get into. I should keep my opinion of him to myself...
Remo 06:54 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Mike, from what I have researched Cuba will gladly take US currency. Just don't tell them you are from the US. I hope to do a carribean cruise soon and so far that's the general info I have got.
I think the only ones who don't want you to spend US currency is the US, I am fairly sure the Cubans will take it :-)
cjhalbrooks 06:56 PM 03-09-2012
Hey money is money i have money from around the world i use them to light cigars now JK
chippewastud79 06:57 PM 03-09-2012
Blanket statements about Cuba, and how beatiful and wonderful it is. Do you have any pictures from your latest visit to the resort district or were you visiting neighborhoods? I'd be interested to see where this opinion of how great Cuba is came from. :-)

Also, nice turn towards politics :-)
Remo 07:04 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Blanket statements about Cuba, and how beatiful and wonderful it is. Do you have any pictures from your latest visit to the resort district or were you visiting neighborhoods? I'd be interested to see where this opinion of how great Cuba is came from. :-)

Also, nice turn towards politics :-)
In all fairness though Larry, there are alot of places like that which are not under an embargo...I have stayed at resorts in the Dominican which are incredible but walk half a block away and people are living in shanty towns, same with most of Mexico, Belize and Costa Rica, I am not sure how happy the locals are but I could still say that they are beautiful places...:-)
Pseudosacred 07:11 PM 03-09-2012
In all fairness though Larry, there are alot of places like that which are not under an embargo...I have stayed at resorts in the Dominican which are incredible but walk half a block away and people are living in shanty towns, same with most of Mexico, Belize and Costa Rica, I am not sure how happy the locals are but I could still say that they are beautiful places...:-)
I'm going to agree with this. I, personally, think that any island city/town is a beautiful place. Even in the markets, where the common/poverished shop, are interesting.

It's an outsider perspective that makes it beautiful, I think. The people who live there probably see it much differently.
chippewastud79 07:11 PM 03-09-2012
Resorts are beatiful, small coastal villages are quaint, but to make statements about entire countries as a whole is a bit of a stretch. Particularly in a country where their refugees make a 70 mile boat trip regularly to try to start a better life in America. That is where my sentiment lies, with no knowledge of how he is making blanket statements about a country. Just wondering where he gets his opinion from. Thats why I asked. :-)
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up