Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Recommendation
amadio 05:08 PM 03-09-2012
Hi'

I have been smoking cigars for about a year and enjoyed it but never loved it.

Last year i was able to smoke a Cuban Cohiba and it was amazing. Everything since has tasted like ass in comparison. I'm giving up on Atruro Fuentes, and would love to get a recommendation on a legal alternative to the Habana Cohiba.

Any thoughts?
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 05:11 PM 03-09-2012
To say anything other than a Cuban 'hiba tastes like "ass" is utterly flawed... What have you tried?

Edit- Welcome to the Asylum. Head over to the New Inmate Center and introduce yourself!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:11 PM 03-09-2012
Unfortunately, I dont think a NC version exists that would compare exactly.
[Reply]
amadio 05:23 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
To say anything other than a Cuban 'hiba tastes like "ass" is utterly flawed... What have you tried?

Edit- Welcome to the Asylum. Head over to the New Inmate Center and introduce yourself!
youre right Ass was dramatic, unsatisfying is accurate though.

I've been buying various Fuentes, Don Yeyo and i havent paid too much arrention to the others given to me.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:25 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by amadio:

I've been buying various Fuentes, Don Yeyo and i havent paid too much arrention to the others given to me.
I am sure that the is another cigar out there for you. Not to say you should give up on the Cohibas. Try more sticks and you will find what you're looking for.
[Reply]
lenguamor 05:32 PM 03-09-2012
This site contains the accumulated and compiled wisdom, experience and advice of hundreds of very knowledgeable BOTLs, but the catch is that you have to read. Read the reviews; find your flavor profile; smoke more; expand from there.

Have fun.
[Reply]
amadio 05:35 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:

[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 05:42 PM 03-09-2012
well besides repeating your posts. you should just start to buy cigars and try them all out. If you don't remember what you like make a list or a cigar book. I have one and so dose other guys are on here.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 05:44 PM 03-09-2012
There are also other GREAT NC cigars.

Oliva V
Liga Privada T52, Undercrown (I've heard great things about the rest, haven't tried myself YET)
My Uzi Weighs a Ton
Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne

Try those... If you hate more than 2, I hate you :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:54 PM 03-09-2012
Nothing will compare to a legit Cuban Cohiba, assuming that is what you had. And no one here can make accurate recommendations on what you will like based on the fact you have one cigar to compare your tastes to. Its like asking us to pick the best beer to drink based on the fact that you like Bud Select. :-)

Like others have said, go to the New Inmate Forum and introduce yourself, then spend some time reading the stickies and learning. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 05:57 PM 03-09-2012
Expand your horizons,,,,lots of great NC's out there, I am sure you haven't tried them all and I bet you will find something great :-) DPG, Tats, Drew Estate to name a few.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:34 PM 03-09-2012
If you are looking for the Cuban flavors in an NC...I have recently found the Crowned Head Four Kicks Sublime really "cubanesque". :-)
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 07:13 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by amadio:
Hi'

I have been smoking cigars for about a year and enjoyed it but never loved it.

Last year i was able to smoke a Cuban Cohiba and it was amazing. Everything since has tasted like ass in comparison. I'm giving up on Atruro Fuentes, and would love to get a recommendation on a legal alternative to the Habana Cohiba.

Any thoughts?
Not sure if serious.
:-)
[Reply]
Reaver2145 08:00 PM 03-09-2012
You had one good cohiba and youve given up on one of the best NC brands.

Boy wait untill you get a whole box of tight/plugged lanceros or better yet a bad BHK i will love to see your face...the easpys can be squiffy too.

Fact is your not going to find anything like a cuban in a NC cigar they might as well be on two different plants so i honestly suggest going back to the brands you have tried but with the attitude of expecting nothing from them and find something you like.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:34 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
If you are looking for the Cuban flavors in an NC...I have recently found the Crowned Head Four Kicks Sublime really "cubanesque". :-)
Mac, you are a friend and a brother. But I really HATE that word.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:40 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Mac, you are a friend and a brother. But I really HATE that word.
Peter prefers "ISOM-like". :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:46 PM 03-09-2012
+1 and the Illusione Epernay line also
[Reply]
icehog3 09:58 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
+1 and the Illusione Epernay line also
I really dig the Epernay line, Justin, but don't find them similar to Cubans at all. Curious as to what you find similar in them?
[Reply]
dwoodward 10:06 PM 03-09-2012
Best I can recommend is one of the medium bodied samplers on CI. They are cheap and you get more than your money's worth. Some great quality sticks in those. Give it a shot.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:10 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Best I can recommend is one of the medium bodied samplers on CI. They are cheap and you get more than your money's worth. Some great quality sticks in those. Give it a shot.
Cohiba like? Give me a break. NOTHING in the catalog has any semblance of a true Cohiba. I think you been smoking too many glass box "Cohiba's"
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up