Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>LFD Airbender
ApexAZ 12:05 PM 03-05-2012
I really like these. They are a nice medium bodied smoke that go great with coffee. They don't seem to be overly complex, but they are smooth and consistent with good flavor.
[Reply]
srduggins 03:04 PM 03-05-2012
I agree, I just smoked my last OR corona for lunch. It had that nice, ripe raisin aroma I associate with LGD and Opus, something I hadn't noticed in them before. A little burn in the retrohale makes me think these may still improve with even more down time.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:06 PM 03-05-2012
So these are like the Double Ligero "The Digger" I had one and it about killed me an hour after I got home lol
[Reply]
srduggins 03:17 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
So these are like the Double Ligero "The Digger" I had one and it about killed me an hour after I got home lol
I don't think these are any where near that strong.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 03:47 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I've only had one double ligero chisel and didn't care for it really. It was too strong and the flavor just wasn't very good. The airbender on the other hand is quite good and not what I would classify as being strong, or even full bodied. Were you referring to the double ligero or the airbender?

I would also agree they have a similar taste to fuente.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:25 PM 03-05-2012
Only had one Airbender a while back and I wasn't impressed, but they are on my "revisit" list. I hate to disregard a cigar after only smoking one.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 08:11 PM 03-05-2012
I love these sticks and they are well priced.
[Reply]
REV 10:03 PM 03-05-2012
just got them in (today) at my shop, and 1/3 of the box was gone when we opened it from employees and regulars.

cant say i was overly impressed, since i went in burning an undercrown.
[Reply]
QiCultivator 10:44 PM 03-05-2012
These, to me, are stronger than the DLs. I have smoked a box of each and the Air Benders make me almost sick every time while the DLs never have. Love the taste of the AB though.
[Reply]
Volusianator 11:29 PM 03-05-2012
IMHO, since the first they came out, I've said and still believe, they are an Opus lite.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:56 AM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by srduggins:
I don't think these are any where near that strong.
Whew, glad to hear, I wasn't disappointed with the dl, I just wasn't expecting such a punch afterwards.

Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
I've only had one double ligero chisel and didn't care for it really. It was too strong and the flavor just wasn't very good. The airbender on the other hand is quite good and not what I would classify as being strong, or even full bodied. Were you referring to the double ligero or the airbender?

No, I was referring to the DL, thanks.....gonna seek these out now.
[Reply]
Silound 09:24 AM 03-06-2012
I don't find LFD sticks to be that overwhelming if I take my time and smoke slowly. They're definitely strong, but they won't make me whirl.

The Digger is not high on my list, but I find all LFD sticks get better with a little time on them. I've got a few LGSB #1/#2 I'm still sitting on. Hoping they'll be great when I get around to them.
[Reply]
kuzi16 03:07 PM 03-06-2012
the air bender in the chisel vitola is one of my favorite non-LE cigar. i actually DO find it to be complex. its is round and the flavor coats the mouth. i may actually have to have one tonight.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 08:14 PM 03-06-2012
A local B&M near me has these....I may need to try a few. Never had them and they sound pretty good.
[Reply]
Tredegar 04:09 AM 03-07-2012
The few that I have had I liked. I would definitely revisit them.
[Reply]
jluck 09:44 AM 03-07-2012
I just picked up a couple yesterday and one might have to die today.:-)
[Reply]
Ervsuperb 01:53 PM 03-07-2012
The maduro is a really nice medium smoke
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 07:43 PM 03-12-2012
Yes the airbender maduro is a lim rd. Stick but if you find some grab the up if you enjoy the airbender b/c they are a step above.
[Reply]
Crownedone 08:30 PM 03-12-2012
Still one of my best!
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 08:44 PM 03-12-2012
gr8 smoke that's for sure.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up