Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Private cigar lounge
Silound 09:23 AM 03-05-2012
I have a membership ($500 a year) and let me say, it's a HUGE benefit for me when I don't want to smoke outside (hot, cold, wet, hotter) or when I feel like shooting some pool, tossing the darts, or just having some quiet time alone. With 24/7 access, internet, coffee maker, and a few other amenities, and it's a great man-cave place to relax.

I don't stay up to 3am, but I like the fact that there's hardly anyone there after 9, so I can show up for a few hours and read and smoke indoors, or I can show up Saturday mornings at 8 for the regular weekly poker game.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 09:31 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Silound:
I have a membership ($500 a year)
Thinking of some of the things I spend 40-50 a month on this would easily be worth it.
[Reply]
Apoco 09:41 AM 03-05-2012
I'm a member of my local B&M's "havana room" (it is like $350 a year). For that you get:

Discounts on sticks, bigger discount on boxes
Access to the members only lounge (i've only been in there about 3 times...i like hanging out with the commoners more)
Free dinner and a cigar (usually whatever they can't sell) every Thursday night.

The dinner alone makes it worth it for me. The discount alone makes it worth it for me. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:01 PM 03-05-2012
If you live somwhere that the weather is favorable, I would say it is not worth paying for. However I wish there was a place near me, or on my way home from work, that I could stop in and burn one when it is below 50 out or when it is 90 and humid.

There is a place about an hour away (Too far for me to join) and it is $200/year and you receive 10% off all cigars, you have a locker and a members only area. Another one is much closer but they do not take care of their sticks and the crowd is people I would rather avoid. They do offer BYOB and 24 hour access though, that is tempting.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:58 PM 03-05-2012
It would have to be pretty deluxe and allow for private functions and byob for me to consider it, and I probably would sign up for it. I find it hard to host cigar and booze events for enough people in my house, so a club would be perfect!
[Reply]
irratebass 01:02 PM 03-05-2012
Ya know, I never understood the concept of paying for a b&m membership, but 24/7 access, discounts on cigars has me thinking......I don't know any b&m's in my area though that has 24/7 access, and with as much sh!t the wife is giving me lately, a locker is starting to sound more and more appealling.
[Reply]
Silound 03:47 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Ya know, I never understood the concept of paying for a b&m membership, but 24/7 access, discounts on cigars has me thinking......I don't know any b&m's in my area though that has 24/7 access, and with as much sh!t the wife is giving me lately, a locker is starting to sound more and more appealling.
I generally felt the same way, but over time I warmed up to the idea of a membership when I started to realize how much comfort it would bring me. After I tried it for 1 month (there's a $50/month option instead of by the year), I realized I'd rather drive 5 minutes to go smoke in a real nice comfortable area than sit on my patio or at a bar, or any other option I had in the past.

Of course, I'm also single and I work 8-5, so my nights are my own if I want to sit and smoke for a few hours 3-4 times a week. :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 04:43 PM 03-05-2012
I have to say that since i cannot smoke in my house (wife and all) i would like to have a closer B&M with a lounge. I have one but its okay just a few chairs in a back room. I would pay for the use of a room. ALTHOUGH it would have to be a F-ING awesome room. and i would not would not pay more then $200 a year.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:54 PM 03-05-2012
Is this Fox? I honestly can't say I would see much that would persuade me to pay the yearly membership fee. Mostly because I don't buy boxes at B&M's and I already utilize their bar. So they would have to have some really solid membership benefits for me to sign up
[Reply]
ApexAZ 07:11 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Is this Fox? I honestly can't say I would see much that would persuade me to pay the yearly membership fee. Mostly because I don't buy boxes at B&M's and I already utilize their bar. So they would have to have some really solid membership benefits for me to sign up
Yep, in the space on the other side of the patio. I'm kind of in the same boat. We'll see what you get for your money.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 06:47 PM 03-08-2012
I asked the bartender Amanda if she had any more info and she didn't really know any details, but she did seem to think the membership will cost $15/mo. This piques my interest as that's pretty dang affordable. Almost seems too good to be true so I don't quite trust that's accurate yet.
[Reply]
shopkins82 08:09 AM 03-09-2012
It seems the norm of mid-level shops around here (metro Atlanta excluding Buckhead) is to have lounge areas open to the public and charge for lockers/discount/members-events at around $300/year. One of these actually uses the bulk of the front-of-house as the lounge, with a large walk-in in the very back.

Two of the three I frequent allow you to smoke prior-purchases as long as you can show their bar-code on the wrapper if they ask to see it (not sure what they do on non-celo or sealed box purchases). The third even told me they were lenient on outside purchases as long as you made purchases with them fairly regularly as well.

There's only one mid-level store I frequent with a mainly members-only room priced at a similar $300/year, but they also give you a one-use pass with a $20 purchase that can be redeemed any time within 30 days.

All of the above with paid membership include a locker (usually 12"x12"x18", brass key), discounts of 10% on singles and 15-20% on boxes, and members-only events (range from weekly poker-night, early-access on rep-sponsored events, cook-outs, etc).
[Reply]
shopkins82 08:11 AM 03-09-2012
It seems the norm of mid-level shops around here (metro Atlanta excluding Buckhead) is to have lounge areas open to the public and charge for lockers/discount/members-events at around $300/year. One of these actually uses the bulk of the front-of-house as the lounge, with a large walk-in in the very back.

Two of the three I frequent allow you to smoke prior-purchases as long as you can show their bar-code on the wrapper if they ask to see it (not sure what they do on non-celo or sealed box purchases). The third even told me they were lenient on outside purchases as long as you made purchases with them fairly regularly as well.

There's only one mid-level store I frequent with a mainly members-only room priced at a similar $300/year, but they also give you a one-use pass with a $20 purchase that can be redeemed any time within 30 days.

All of the above with paid membership include a locker (usually 12"x12"x18", brass key), discounts of 10% on singles and 15-20% on boxes, and members-only events (range from weekly poker-night, early-access on rep-sponsored events, cook-outs, etc).
[Reply]
FNA 01:30 PM 03-12-2012
A couple of questions:

What is the difference between a cigar bar and a cigar lounge?

How do the 24/7 places work it? Do they have an attendant on duty all night? I can't imagine the insurance on 'Our customers come in after drinking all night and light things on fire."
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up