Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Private cigar lounge
ApexAZ 10:52 AM 03-04-2012
My favorite cigar bar is planning on opening a private cigar lounge in the vacant space next to the bar. I don't have any details about cost or what the membership will provide, but based on other B&Ms with similar offerings typically just have billiards, TV and lockers. I think some might come with discounted cigars too.

Anyone a member of one of these? Depending on cost and benefits I'm not sure if it's worth it. Maybe if it is reasonably priced.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:00 AM 03-04-2012
There is one a few blocks from my house. I'm not a member as I am away at school often, but if I was there is would be worth the $400 for a yearly membership. They give discounts on sticks and boxes, and are open 24/7. I can come in at 3am if I'm a member, and I can smoke my own sticks. At the moment, I have to buy at least one stick from them in order to smoke out in the front of their store, which is only open every other day from 6pm-10pm.
[Reply]
lenguamor 11:02 AM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
My favorite cigar bar is planning on opening a private cigar lounge in the vacant space next to the bar. I don't have any details about cost or what the membership will provide, but based on other B&Ms with similar offerings typically just have billiards, TV and lockers. I think some might come with discounted cigars too.

Anyone a member of one of these? Depending on cost and benefits I'm not sure if it's worth it. Maybe if it is reasonably priced.
Vertigo Cigar in Seattle, which is run by our own BillyCigar, is such an establishment. Very cool place near the stadiums.
[Reply]
Remo 11:03 AM 03-04-2012
Sounds very cool :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 11:03 AM 03-04-2012
In AZ it may be worth the price of admission. Unless you like smoking outside in the summer? :-)
[Reply]
ysr_racer 11:10 AM 03-04-2012
Not me. I won't pay money to smoke in a lounge. If I buy a cigar and I can use the lounge, fine. Otherwise, count me out.

Plus, who the hell has that much free time that they can hang out in a cigar lounge for hours on end. Must be single guys :-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:23 AM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
There is one a few blocks from my house. I'm not a member as I am away at school often, but if I was there is would be worth the $400 for a yearly membership. They give discounts on sticks and boxes, and are open 24/7. I can come in at 3am if I'm a member, and I can smoke my own sticks. At the moment, I have to buy at least one stick from them in order to smoke out in the front of their store, which is only open every other day from 6pm-10pm.
It'd take a HELL OF A LOT for me to give someone $400 so I can use their lounge. Should be free. :-)
Originally Posted by bobarian:
In AZ it may be worth the price of admission. Unless you like smoking outside in the summer? :-)
I'd rather deal with AZ summer heat, than MI winter cold.
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
Not me. I won't pay money to smoke in a lounge. If I buy a cigar and I can use the lounge, fine. Otherwise, count me out.

Plus, who the hell has that much free time that they can hang out in a cigar lounge for hours on end. Must be single guys :-)
Dot.
I knew a guy that had 5 kids, and he was there constantly... lol
[Reply]
ysr_racer 11:24 AM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
I knew a guy that had 5 kids, and he was there constantly... lol
Good point, I never thought of it that way. A few hundred $$$ may be cheap :-)
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 01:02 PM 03-04-2012
As many members on here share the extra variable of living in a state that has some sort of smoking ban, every time the want to find a place to smoke a cigar; I would gladly pay a annual or a month to month/ quarter to quarter few. Many b & m's will only let you smoke sticks you purchase from them. I am not against this rule I am just limited by there selection. Or if I find a bar to go to, sometimes you have people that give you dirty looks the whole time. There are many people on,here that won't pay to smoke, but not having a place in my house I can smoke and limited retail or bar options make me yearn for a lounge that has a simple cost effective membership.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 01:04 PM 03-04-2012
Sorry for the spelling errors. Autocorrect can be a bi#$@.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:06 PM 03-04-2012
If there was one within 20 minutes or so of my house, it would be a no-brainer for me.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 01:06 PM 03-04-2012
Works great for me. I pay about 650/year and keep my scotch in my locker. Heck of a lot cheaper than going out to a bar and I can smoke and relax. Also nice to hang with a bunch of people you know, since it's always the same people there.
[Reply]
lenguamor 02:17 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by Theo Cincy:
As many members on here share the extra variable of living in a state that has some sort of smoking ban, every time the want to find a place to smoke a cigar; I would gladly pay a annual or a month to month/ quarter to quarter few. Many b & m's will only let you smoke sticks you purchase from them. I am not against this rule I am just limited by there selection. Or if I find a bar to go to, sometimes you have people that give you dirty looks the whole time. There are many people on,here that won't pay to smoke, but not having a place in my house I can smoke and limited retail or bar options make me yearn for a lounge that has a simple cost effective membership.
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If there was one within 20 minutes or so of my house, it would be a no-brainer for me.
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Works great for me. I pay about 650/year and keep my scotch in my locker. Heck of a lot cheaper than going out to a bar and I can smoke and relax. Also nice to hang with a bunch of people you know, since it's always the same people there.
Agree with all of these. Pete's point is especially salient.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:34 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
It'd take a HELL OF A LOT for me to give someone $400 so I can use their lounge. Should be free. :-)
A Lounge that is open 24/7, where you don't have to buy their sticks, can bring in your own alcohol, and if you do want sticks get a nice discount for it? As well as not having to sit out in the cold of the winter up in WI?

Yeah, it's worth it.
[Reply]
Fia 02:35 PM 03-04-2012
Seen one once in California that was nice. Billards, poker tables, lockers, bar, big tvs everywhere including the bathroom, large movie screen with leather movie seats, wifi, all the PPV fights and games on and if you want a movie they would play that too. It would be worth it to me for the 50.00 a month fee even if you only went in there a few times a month.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 03:06 PM 03-04-2012
I guess living in So Cal, there are so many places with outdoor smoking, that I never had the need for an indoor lounge.

That, plus year round nice weather :-)

(it's 80 and sunny today)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 07:22 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
Good point, I never thought of it that way. A few hundred $$$ may be cheap :-)
He only smoked Perdomo Fresco's though. Smokes like 4 at a time. :-)
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
A Lounge that is open 24/7, where you don't have to buy their sticks, can bring in your own alcohol, and if you do want sticks get a nice discount for it? As well as not having to sit out in the cold of the winter up in WI?

Yeah, it's worth it.
For me:
I can smoke inside.
Not a huge alcohol drinker when I'm smoking. I'd rather have an A&W.
It'd depend on the discount.

Besides the last, I'm set on paying $400 to use a lounge. I'd rather use a not as nice one for free, and that's if I use theirs... Back home I was in my local like I lived there, and it was free, and very nice. Where I live now, I don't stay at the lounge unless I'm meeting someone off of here for a herf.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 08:15 PM 03-04-2012
Yeah since they have a bar and seating inside already I'm just not sure :-) I am curious though. I will wait to see what they offer.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 08:38 PM 03-04-2012
Have you been to Magnums in No. Phx? It's pretty nice.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/magnums-ciga...liquor-phoenix
[Reply]
ApexAZ 08:48 PM 03-04-2012
No that is very far north for me. I've heard they are pretty expensive as well.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up