Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars & Air travel
hdryder 07:40 PM 02-23-2012
I always carry my torch lighter in my carry on and never an issue
[Reply]
DaBear 08:34 PM 02-23-2012
Well I guess the TSA guys didn't really care with me the last time I checked a bag. Checked one of my bags with a filled torch, can of butane(I figured if they took it I'd be down the half a can I was down to anyways), and probably 4 or 5 books of matches. That said it was for a cruise, yet we still made it through customs when we came back into Vancouver. I've made it on board with a cutter in my bag and punch on my key ring countless times. Just go with what you feel safe with is my best advice.
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:01 PM 02-23-2012
You don't need to check a Bic, Mario. Those can be carried on. I've had good luck with a torch in the Colibra egg in my checked bag, although it's still on the restricted list. Go with what you'd feel comfortable giving up, because every TSA agent interprets as they feel.:-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:54 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I am flying tomorrow to Long Beach and I have one of these little yellow Colibra thingies. So, should I put a Bic in it and stuff it on top of everything else in my checked baggage, stuff a Bic in my carry-on bag, or do both and hope for the best? I've read through this thread and the TSA rules, but I'm still a little confused. I'm pretty sure I should NOT bring a torch. Any input?

Thanks in advance!
I have one of these yellow egg thingies and I've used it a few times. Usually I throw a cheap torch lighter in there. I don't want to risk a nice lighter just in case, but I've never had a problem so far. I usually throw a cutter in my checked bag with the yellow egg and the cigars go in my carry on. I put the cigars in my carry on for the same reason I don't put a nice lighter in my checked bag . . . I'm just not a trusting individual.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:14 PM 02-23-2012
Thanks guys for all of the replies. Of all nights I can't find the yellow egg. It looks like I will just have to grab a Bic and pack it with a few sticks in my carry on. I'm not sure how much smoking I'll actually get to do anyway.
[Reply]
Fia 03:21 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I am flying tomorrow to Long Beach and I have one of these little yellow Colibra thingies. So, should I put a Bic in it and stuff it on top of everything else in my checked baggage, stuff a Bic in my carry-on bag, or do both and hope for the best? I've read through this thread and the TSA rules, but I'm still a little confused. I'm pretty sure I should NOT bring a torch. Any input?

Thanks in advance!
I have that same case and have used it several times with no problems..it is made for torches. Put your torch in it and place in checked baggage. Bics you can toss in your carry on.
[Reply]
Boz 10:32 AM 03-08-2012
Bumping this. I'm flying to New Orleans in a week and have a 40 count traveldor and one those yellow egg things on the way. It seems everyone suggests putting the cigars in the carryon. Is there a reason for that? I'm not sure I'll even take a carryon. Should I remove the bands on the Island sticks?
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:37 AM 03-08-2012
If you put your cigars in your checked bag you risk having them removed...

I always carry my cigars on. If you are travelling domestically there is no reason to remove any bands. There is no one checking.

If you are travelling internationally then you do have a risk when brining CC's into the states. Band on or off the onus is on you to prove the cigars are not CC's.

Many people have no problems. Me, I prefer to smoke my CC's while out of the country and not risk carrying anything in. Much less risk in losing a shipped package than there is if you are caught smuggling by CPB...

Just my :-)...
[Reply]
14holestogie 10:42 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
..and it happens. :-)

Carry them. Watch dem bassturds. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:45 AM 03-08-2012
Anyone have any recommendations on a garment bag that can fit two suits, shirts, plus a 40ct traveldor? I don't want to pack my suits for an upcoming vacation in my checked bag, same goes for my traveldor. I don't know if Delta would let me bring both a garment bag with the suits (and hang up in the first class coat closet) plus a small duffel bag with the 40ct and a few other items. I'm going to ask when I"m on my way back from my current trip, but thought I'd throw this out the the public here.
[Reply]
Boz 10:57 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:

I always carry my cigars on. If you are travelling domestically there is no reason to remove any bands. There is no one checking.

If you are travelling internationally then you do have a risk when brining CC's into the states. Band on or off the onus is on you to prove the cigars are not CC's.

Many people have no problems. Me, I prefer to smoke my CC's while out of the country and not risk carrying anything in. Much less risk in losing a shipped package than there is if you are caught smuggling by CPB...

Just my :-)...

No problems with the TSA agents wanting to peak into the traveldor? Although, I'm sure they wouldnt have a clue what they were looking at.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 02:49 PM 03-08-2012
My $60 cutter and $65 lighter are not up for check on bags. It is not worth the risk I have heard tomany stories of confiscated expensive cigar tools.
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:59 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by Boz:
No problems with the TSA agents wanting to peak into the traveldor? Although, I'm sure they wouldnt have a clue what they were looking at.
Never had one peek inside the traveldor when I'm watching. Have had some disappear from checked baggage, however.
[Reply]
Boz 04:04 PM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Never had one peek inside the traveldor when I'm watching. Have had some disappear from checked baggage, however.
Good to know, thanks. I will definitely be carrying them on with me.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up