Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 88 of 138
« First < 3878868788 899098 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
44stampede 02:12 AM 01-17-2012

Here's hoping...
[Reply]
44stampede 02:17 AM 01-17-2012
Got it I think
[Reply]
44stampede 03:27 AM 01-17-2012
Found out I may get in crap for this one... sorry :-) I don't know how to delete.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:39 AM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
Found out I may get in crap for this one... sorry :-) I don't know how to delete.
From who and why?
[Reply]
ysr_racer 07:42 PM 01-18-2012
Leave cellophane on the box or no?

When I get singles, if it came with cellophane, I leave it on. But what about a box in a cooler or rubbermaid?
[Reply]
pnoon 07:44 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
Leave cellophane on the box or no?

When I get singles, if it came with cellophane, I leave it on. But what about a box in a cooler or rubbermaid?
I would remove the cello if for no other reason than to inspect the contents.
Cello breathes. So it's really not an issue in that regard.
[Reply]
44stampede 08:01 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I would remove the cello if for no other reason than to inspect the contents.
Cello breathes. So it's really not an issue in that regard.
Cello breathes?
[Reply]
nayslayer 08:06 PM 01-18-2012
yeah, cello isn't plastic, put a wrapper in water and see what happens after a bit.
[Reply]
crazyirishman 08:10 PM 01-18-2012
Cello breathes?
Yes they do.

I got a creepy call from a tall stringed instrument once and it didn't say a word. It just breathed into the phone...

Terrible pun, sorry. But yes. Cellophane breathes to a certain extent. Not as much as naked sticks (no comment from the peanut gallery), but it's not entirely airtight I don't think.

But I'm probably wrong.
[Reply]
jluck 09:06 PM 01-18-2012
Have one in the fridge for the experiment. :-)
You could just pass them on to fellow BOTL's that would find any means to smoke the "real deal". :-)

Forrest (golfnut) sells very nice draw tools, well worth the cost to smoke them CC's
[Reply]
44stampede 09:18 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
You could just pass them on to fellow BOTL's that would find any means to smoke the "real deal". :-)

Forrest (golfnut) sells very nice draw tools, well worth the cost to smoke them CC's
Just tossed them all this morn. The taste was just too off to enjoy even if I could get a good draw.

The one one dipped in water and put in the fridge looked horrible. I didn't even light it up.
[Reply]
coty 10:38 PM 01-18-2012
I recently found a hookas tool that works really well for a draw pull. It is almost 6 inches long and is quite this so it will even work on a lancero. Might be worth trying if you have anywhere that sells hookas near by only cost me a buck. it's used to clean unclogg the steam of a hooka.
[Reply]
coty 10:49 PM 01-18-2012
it looks like this Image
[Reply]
coty 10:49 PM 01-18-2012
it looks like this but longer needle Image
[Reply]
T.G 12:40 AM 01-19-2012
The one one dipped in water and put in the fridge looked horrible. I didn't even light it up.
Good for you, you probably saved yourself a world of disappointment.

But I have to ask...

Where in the world did you hear to do something silly like that in the first place?

Why would you even expect that dipping a bunch of very tightly bound wrinkled up dead leaves in water would cause them to magically shift positions for a miraculous draw?

At best it won't change anything because nothing has been done to resolve the source of the problem, which is either too much or poorly placed tobacco. Wetting and drying will do nothing to alleviate this.
[Reply]
44stampede 12:57 AM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

But I have to ask...

Where in the world did you hear to do something silly like that in the first place?

Why would you even expect that dipping a bunch of very tightly bound wrinkled up dead leaves in water would cause them to magically shift positions for a miraculous draw?

At best it won't change anything because nothing has been done to resolve the source of the problem, which is either too much or poorly placed tobacco. Wetting and drying will do nothing to alleviate this.
Another BOTL suggested. Seemed to me as well that it wasn't even touching the problem. Maybe it was a joke and I fell for it. Who knows? I had nothing to lose as I was about to chuck them anyway so what the hey
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:49 AM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

But I have to ask...

A few posts back in this same thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...postcount=1728).

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I have not tried, but has been said it works from good source...

Soak cigar in cold water for a few seconds. Put immediately in fridge for about a week. The point is to prevent mold & ammonia; fridge takes out the water pretty well. Once completely dry, put in humidor and wait a few weeks until humid and normalized.

Figure, if the cigars are known to be tight, what is the risk? Would love to hear if anybody has tried this.

[Reply]
T.G 09:43 AM 01-19-2012
Another BOTL suggested. Seemed to me as well that it wasn't even touching the problem. Maybe it was a joke and I fell for it. Who knows? I had nothing to lose as I was about to chuck them anyway so what the hey
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
A few posts back in this same thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...postcount=1728).
Ah, I see.

I don't think he pranked you.

So sorry about the bad advice you were given and that the valid advice on the draw tool which will actually move/displace and remove the excess tobacco that is causing the problem came too late.
[Reply]
jluck 10:41 AM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by coty:
it looks like this Image
it looks like this but longer needle Image
Are you plying hard to get, coty?
[Reply]
crazyirishman 12:39 PM 01-23-2012
Guitar string straight through the middle and a little in and out motion helps me. Don't use the ones with the brass on them I'm pretty sure they would tear smoething up. I think it's the lowest string on the guitar that I'm using(I don't play so I have no real Idea of which it is).
That actually sounds like fine advice.

Just don't use your palm as the counter pressure from the head, otherwise you're bound to need a trip to the store to buy bandaids. Grip it from the sides.

That probably sounds like a no-brainer, but I've seen intelligent people do dumber things...
[Reply]
Page 88 of 138
« First < 3878868788 899098 > Last »
Up