Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 138
« First < 3111213 14152363113 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Kreth 04:15 PM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob:
None of the stores I go to in my area sell these to my knowledge but I will make sure to take a look around. I have watched video's and read up on the whole cap cutting thing so if I had a sharp knife I don't feel TOO nervous about screwing it up, but anyone have or know of a simple step by step instructions to punch a hole in the cap? preferably from a "no cap puncher available" perspective.
If you don't have a punch, you can just use a toothpick to punch a bunch of holes in the cap until you can remove a small piece of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
The Poet 04:29 PM 10-16-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
If you don't have a punch, you can just use a toothpick to punch a bunch of holes in the cap until you can remove a small piece of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
A golf tee works small wonders for this application too.
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 04:37 PM 10-16-2009
Thanks guys :-) How big should this hole I form be? and also how deep should this hole go? or am I just doing it to get that leaf thing off (cap)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:50 PM 10-16-2009
Thanks guys :-) How big should this hole I form be? and also how deep should this hole go? or am I just doing it to get that leaf thing off (cap)
For A "Punch", All You Need Is an 1/8" deep if you use a golf tee. You simply want an opening to get the smoke out of the stick. If The Draw is too difficult, simply enlarge the size & Depth of the punch a little at a time until the draw is satisfactory to your tastes.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 04:52 PM 10-16-2009
The size of the punch depends on the RG of your cigar. Start small and if the draw's too tight, you can always widen it.
And yes, you just want to remove the cap.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 05:01 PM 10-16-2009
Thank you much guys.
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 05:35 PM 10-16-2009
New question..more of a question about forum terminology, hope you guys don't mind I put it here. What does NC mean? and also CC (I think its called CC)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:40 PM 10-16-2009
New question..more of a question about forum terminology, hope you guys don't mind I put it here. What does NC mean? and also CC (I think its called CC)
NC = Non-Cuban
CC = Cuban cigar
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:43 PM 10-16-2009
Many acronyms we use are here: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2190

Gotta love sticky's! :-)
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 06:08 PM 10-16-2009
woops..my bad, thanks.
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 07:32 PM 10-16-2009
Whats purging? and why would you need to do it?
[Reply]
Kreth 07:49 PM 10-16-2009
Whats purging? and why would you need to do it?
Purging is blowing out through a cigar to purge stale smoke. It can help keep a cigar from tasting bitter.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chris. 10:43 PM 10-16-2009
It also helps to remove tar buildup and ammonia flavors.
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 01:37 PM 10-17-2009
When I used to do Chew I learned that it isn't a good idea to do it if you have a sore in your mouth..or at least that is a open sore, is the same thing true for smoking Cigars?
[Reply]
longknocker 02:09 PM 10-17-2009
When I used to do Chew I learned that it isn't a good idea to do it if you have a sore in your mouth..or at least that is a open sore, is the same thing true for smoking Cigars?
I Wouldn't Smoke If I Had One.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:03 PM 10-17-2009
Stay out of the puff-puff-passes, for sure. :-)
[Reply]
Cigar_Noob 10:50 PM 10-17-2009
Thanks for the answers guys. Anyone willing to tell me the differences between colors of the Cigar wrappers? I noticed there are lighter ones, medium ones, and much darker ones I heard that this kinda shows how strong a Cigar is...any truth to that?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:31 PM 10-17-2009
Thanks for the answers guys. Anyone willing to tell me the differences between colors of the Cigar wrappers? I noticed there are lighter ones, medium ones, and much darker ones I heard that this kinda shows how strong a Cigar is...any truth to that?
This will explain alot: http://zencigar.com/the-art-of-the-c...wrapper-guide/

Just because a wrapper is dark doesn't mean it's strong and because a wrapper is light doesn't mean it's not strong. It's the blend of the filler and how much ligero it has in it that determines how strong the cigar is.
[Reply]
Chingo 12:33 AM 10-18-2009
Why won't my cigar stay lit?

I lit up a Taboo HSG tonight, had some trouble in the beginning but eventually got it burning. I then took a slow stroll and it all went downhill. Had to keep relighting and even then would go out, even when I was drawing 2-3 times per minute. I eventually gave up and ended up tossing a bit less than 1/2 because I got tired of relighting it for the 12th time.

What went wrong? Was it the cigar or me?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:43 AM 10-18-2009
Originally Posted by Chingo:
Why won't my cigar stay lit?

I lit up a Taboo HSG tonight, had some trouble in the beginning but eventually got it burning. I then took a slow stroll and it all went downhill. Had to keep relighting and even then would go out, even when I was drawing 2-3 times per minute. I eventually gave up and ended up tossing a bit less than 1/2 because I got tired of relighting it for the 12th time.

What went wrong? Was it the cigar or me?
Sounds like it may have been very wet. At what rh do you store your cigars and how long had it been in there?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 138
« First < 3111213 14152363113 > Last »
Up