Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 103 of 138
« First < 35393101102103 104105113 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
AdamJoshua 11:29 AM 02-19-2013
Means you should probably read / favorite this thread .. it's very handy.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2190
[Reply]
pnoon 11:46 AM 02-19-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Means you should probably read / favorite this thread .. it's very handy.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2190
:-)
That's why it's a sticky thread.
[Reply]
dragnframe 12:36 PM 02-19-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
Cuban Cigar...Non Cuban
Ha, You know whats funy is I have thought about this since I first saw it.
Today I get my order from C.I. and in it is a Cigar Journal book. I am reading about all the different countries makeing cigars,When the come to the country Cuba. As I am reading it hits me. Hey dumbass CC is Cuban cigars and NC is non Cuban. :-)

I knew as soon as I would ask that I would figure it out and feel stupid! Yep that time has came! Please excuse me while I go beat my head on a wall for being an idiot! :-)
[Reply]
Remo 12:40 PM 02-19-2013
All Noob's once :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:25 PM 02-26-2013
Ok noOb question. I have noticed lately that some cigars, usually CCs are much lighter than NC cigars. Is this just a coincidence and these cigars are drier, is it the way they are rolled (doubt that one but could have something to do with the amount of filler maybe) or the leaf (again doubt this too)? I'm going to guess they are just a bit drier? (even though the wrappers aren't really dry and crispy)

I just realized I'm probably smoking a couple very similar sticks and comparing everything else to them ... :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:13 PM 02-26-2013
I find Cubans to be more nuanced and lighter in general than many popular NCs, but of course there are exceptions. Different leaf, different soil, what I believe to be a conscious choice over mere coincidence.
[Reply]
T.G 10:16 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Ok noOb question. I have noticed lately that some cigars, usually CCs are much lighter than NC cigars. Is this just a coincidence and these cigars are drier, is it the way they are rolled (doubt that one but could have something to do with the amount of filler maybe) or the leaf (again doubt this too)? I'm going to guess they are just a bit drier? (even though the wrappers aren't really dry and crispy)

I just realized I'm probably smoking a couple very similar sticks and comparing everything else to them ... :-)
Apples and oranges broheim.

Each NC factory does things their way, Cuba does things their way. Don't worry about the weights.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:16 PM 02-26-2013
So I worded that poorly, I meant as far as weight, although yes I love CCs just for that reason, a lighter more mild/mellow smoke that you really relax and pay more attention to the flavors. To me a much more enjoyable and relaxing smoke overall.
[Reply]
Yellow Cello 08:24 AM 02-27-2013
Hi BOTL and SOTL!
I am new to this fourm and have a question about the "trading" number at the bottom of your profiles for example "AdamJoshua" listed above me has a tradng number of 1.
I have been enjoying lurking this foum. Seems like a good group!

Thanks
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:33 AM 02-27-2013
The number represents the number of trades that the person has been involved in where the trader registered feedback (positive, negative or neutral) about the trade.

At this time you do not have access to the trading areas but access will be granted with time and participation.

As a new member you can check out (and participate) in the Newbie Sampler Trade (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46087)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:27 AM 02-27-2013
Hey Yellow Cello welcome aboard, there is also a newbie thread here where you can post a "hi I am ... " and give us your life story, please keep it to 350 words or less though :-)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7
[Reply]
Cookee 01:20 AM 03-02-2013
Is there a trick to getting a new lighter that is empty. I have made a few cigar purchases and got a free lighters with them or they were part of the package deal. They seem to be very nice lighters but have issues lighting. One is a Bugatti B-2002 the other is Moretti Carbon Fiber Torch. I am using Ricoh butane. Could it be the quality of the Butane? Just curious as because I have a Ricoh cheap lighter and it lights up everytime where the high quality ones have issues. Could this be why they were free or were with the package too?

Example one I have to hold side ways to get it to light sometimes, the other will light up and turn into a flame lighter instead of a torch.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 01:31 AM 03-02-2013
Cookee...try purging the fuel by pressing the tiny interior ring in the refill area before filling. A tiny screwdriver is what I usually use. They probably just had some air in the tank and you are getting air bubbles blocking butane flow. Could also try increasing the flow too. Turn the exterior ring towards the little plus sign (mini screwdriver is the perfect too for this).
[Reply]
14holestogie 05:39 AM 03-02-2013
Find some triple refined or better butane (I use Vector from CI). It sounds like you've got some jets blocked with the impurities from your butane. Sometimes a shot of compressed air into the jets is enough to dislodge the gunk. Others use the butane itself and spray it into the jets to clear. That's the first step. Clear the jets. Also, after filling, resist the urge to try it out until the butane has a chance to warm up, maybe 15 minutes or so.

I have the Bugatti and mine works fine. Nice heft to it and the dual flame pointed towards each other make for a nice flame with pin-point accuracy. I have another on the way. Free is good. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 11:34 AM 03-02-2013
It is not unusual to have to adjust the flow after refilling or changing fuel. Purge, refill and then fiddle with the adjusting screw(try up and down) until it lights as you prefer. :-)
[Reply]
Sime83 12:03 PM 03-02-2013
Could someone explain what a "dry" cigar is? I smoked a Balmoral cigar and found it far too strong / overpowering for my liking. When I searched around it came under the category of a dry cigar but I'm not sure what that means. All I know now is I don't like "dry" cigars haha.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:41 PM 03-02-2013
Dry cigar means the humidity is too low. Will burn fast, hot and possibly be harsh. Strong has nothing to do with the "dry" part.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:19 PM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by Sime83:
Could someone explain what a "dry" cigar is? I smoked a Balmoral cigar and found it far too strong / overpowering for my liking. When I searched around it came under the category of a dry cigar but I'm not sure what that means. All I know now is I don't like "dry" cigars haha.
I suspect you are referring to a cigarillo sized machine made cigar. Dry cured cigars are quite different from long filler cigars. There is a lot of information here: http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...drycuredcigars
[Reply]
Gabe215 04:37 PM 03-02-2013
For the past years I've been using Boveda packs for my 3 big desktop humidors and for my coolidor (not the biggest one but big enough for about 10 boxes) and I am spending a ton on the boveda packs, I love them but they're expensive (48$ a cube of 12). I've been eyeballing HCM Cigar beads but am nervous about A- how to recharge them, and B- how many and what size to put in my humidors? Anyone who is familiar with these products let me know, I like the idea of having something that's a permanent source of humidification! Anything helps, thanks!
[Reply]
icehog3 04:45 PM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
For the past years I've been using Boveda packs for my 3 big desktop humidors and for my coolidor (not the biggest one but big enough for about 10 boxes) and I am spending a ton on the boveda packs, I love them but they're expensive (48$ a cube of 12). I've been eyeballing HCM Cigar beads but am nervous about A- how to recharge them, and B- how many and what size to put in my humidors? Anyone who is familiar with these products let me know, I like the idea of having something that's a permanent source of humidification! Anything helps, thanks!
Most everything you could want to know...I suggest reading that, and then posting any follow up questions here. :-)

http://67.222.135.200/vb/showthread.php?t=618
[Reply]
Page 103 of 138
« First < 35393101102103 104105113 > Last »
Up