Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars with champagne.
Rastapopoulos 04:34 AM 08-14-2015
Hi all!

Im looking for some tips or advice for cigars that goes well to champagne.

Right now im smoking AF 858 when drinking it, but i want to go to the next level of cigars, not stronger but just abit better.

I want the cigar to have a nutty, creamy flavor. Mild/medium body.

Thanks for the help..:-)
[Reply]
Simple1 06:16 AM 08-14-2015
Perdomo Lot 23, Ashton VSG, or the Davidoff Classic line. In ascending order of price, and what I'd consider quality (which is not always the case).
[Reply]
Rastapopoulos 07:17 AM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by Simple1:
Perdomo Lot 23, Ashton VSG, or the Davidoff Classic line. In ascending order of price, and what I'd consider quality (which is not always the case).
Davioff was on my list, Perdomo Lot 23 seems nice. I was looking at the CLE Connecticut also.

Thanks for the help! :-)
[Reply]
dvickery 11:02 AM 08-14-2015
How interesting a question ... I have always thought about Dom perignon while smoking a Dom perignon .

Good luck finding one tho .

Derrek
[Reply]
jjirons69 11:20 AM 08-14-2015
How about a Perdomo Champagne?? Coincidence, I don't think so...

More seriously, there are lots of different smokes out there and you'll never know unless you try to pair them. A great excuse to drink more champagne and smoke more cigars.
[Reply]
dijit 11:31 AM 08-14-2015
IMHO stay with mild to medium and not too earthy. In most cases even a sweeter tobacco blend may work better. Most of the Dunhill line would be great, So would most of the Padron line especially the 1926 reserves.
[Reply]
aaron72 08:06 PM 09-21-2015
I would highly recommend that you try an Illusione Epernay with Champagne.
[Reply]
Brian D. 02:26 PM 09-23-2015
Long ways from having tried all the possible combinations of cigars and champagne, but so far I don't think those two things go together well at all.

To me it's more about the gesture of celebrating some victory or other special occasion than the actual flavor combo.
[Reply]
Up