Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar and Whiskey 40th birthday theme
Srah84 05:59 PM 07-12-2015
Hi there! Am I'm enjoying a Kuba Maduro, I'm planning out my husband'S 40th birthday party. I've settled on the theme of Cigars and Whiskey but am hoping to get some thoughts and ideas of how to make it top notch. So far I'm planning to have a whiskey tasting station with matching cheeses and chocolates, amazing food that go well with both of the theme topics and a open cigar bar. I need help with figuring out the best types of cigars to get for a crowd (ie decent but won't eat up my budget) and how I can get empty cigar boxes to put snacks, favors, gifts, etc. in. I've been saving up a few but thought it'd be neat to have a bunch throughout the party. Any suggestions on the above or anything else related to the theme would be appreciated! What would you like if this were your party?
[Reply]
longknocker 06:02 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by Srah84:
Hi there! Am I'm enjoying a Kuba Maduro, I'm planning out my husband'S 40th birthday party. I've settled on the theme of Cigars and Whiskey but am hoping to get some thoughts and ideas of how to make it top notch. So far I'm planning to have a whiskey tasting station with matching cheeses and chocolates, amazing food that go well with both of the theme topics and a open cigar bar. I need help with figuring out the best types of cigars to get for a crowd (ie decent but won't eat up my budget) and how I can get empty cigar boxes to put snacks, favors, gifts, etc. in. I've been saving up a few but thought it'd be neat to have a bunch throughout the party. Any suggestions on the above or anything else related to the theme would be appreciated! What would you like if this were your party?
Sounds Like Fun!:-) Check Some Local Cigar Stores For Empty Boxes And Maybe Ask Them For Advice On Cigars. You Buy Some From Them & They Would Probably Be Glad To Help You Out! Happy Birthday To Your Hubby; He Has A Great Wife!:-)
[Reply]
omahaorange 06:20 PM 07-12-2015
If the local stores can't help you out, most online places will sell you empty premium cigar boxes reasonably cheap. Not sure about cigars, this depends on your budget, your tastes, and how many and how much you want to impress the guests. Sounds like a good time. Good luck, and happy birthday to the hubby!
[Reply]
Srah84 05:37 PM 07-14-2015
Thank you for the sources for boxes. Any other ideas to fit the theme that I haven't thought of?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:52 PM 07-14-2015
Where in Michigan are you? Near Southfield? If so, JR's should have plenty of empty boxes and can help get you cigars for the crowd.
[Reply]
Srah84 06:15 PM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Where in Michigan are you? Near Southfield? If so, JR's should have plenty of empty boxes and can help get you cigars for the crowd.
I'm near Ann Arbor so Southfield isn't too far away. Thanks for the tip!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:28 PM 07-14-2015
Yup, not too far. It's on Northwestern Highway, near 12 mile. Greg the manager is a nice guy. They should be able to help you pick out suitable cigars for the party. If they're not regular cigar smokers, I'd stick to lighter bodied cigars. Maybe even some of the CAO flavored.
[Reply]
Up