Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Surrogates info released
hostile 05:15 PM 03-13-2012
I originally went to Pete with the idea for Surrogates as a line for NHC and explained what I wanted to try with the 'experiment'. Pete and I talked at length about it last summer and he was behind my idea as well. I knew that if I said that Pete Johnson blended the cigar for me and produced it at the My Father Cigars factory it might persuade people to buy it simply based on the history of those names and all that they produce. But I wanted people to like it for what I thought it was - a fantastic cigar.

There are plans for new Surrogate blends and I could let the experiment continue as a blind tasting, but there are many people who want to know more about them and there is the 'give credit where credit is due' sentiment. Pete nailed it with this as did the factory, producing a perfect blend and construction.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 05:25 PM 03-13-2012
I smoked my first Bone Crusher Surrogates just recently and really enjoyed it. Great cigar IMO that I will definately be getting more of. :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:47 PM 03-13-2012
That if true is some funny chit, especially considering the design and name.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:38 PM 03-13-2012
I just went straight to the NHC site and in their blog section Dan talks about the unveiling. Really good smoke IMO, and I didn't think it was Pete's. Go get 'em while you can!

BTW, there's a couple pics of the Mini-Monsters under the same blog entry. Pretty neat little smokes it looks like...
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 07:58 PM 03-13-2012
Thanks for the info
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:19 PM 03-13-2012
Link to the mini monster?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 04:54 AM 03-14-2012
I have smoked the Bone Crusher and Skull Breakers, I really enjoy both.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:12 AM 03-14-2012
I enjoy both and really thought it was Andre Farkas at Viaje that was behind this. It has so many of the dame flavors as the Skull 'N Bones series. Either way...still a great stick at a decent price. :-)
[Reply]
Hem 06:16 AM 03-14-2012
I am yet to try either of them but it seems everyone on this forum agrees they are a great smoke. I will definitely have to pick some up when I get a chance!

Just took a look at those Mini Monsters too...hope they really will have enough for everyone! At $75 I will absolutely be buying a box.

Link for those who were asking:
http://newhavanacigars.blogspot.com/
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:27 AM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I enjoy both and really thought it was Andre Farkas at Viaje that was behind this. It has so many of the dame flavors as the Skull 'N Bones series. Either way...still a great stick at a decent price. :-)
dame = same (Damn fat fingers!! :-) :-) :-))
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:36 AM 03-14-2012
I've got to pick up a couple of boxes when released, thanks for the info
[Reply]
Islayphile 06:40 AM 03-14-2012
I smoked a Bone Crusher this past Sunday that was simply amazing.

Feels good to have my suspicions confirmed

:-)
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 01:21 PM 03-14-2012
Skull Breaker and Bone Crusher are some of the best.
:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 04:18 PM 03-14-2012
Love these smokes but I figured Farkas was behind these.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 04:22 PM 03-14-2012
Thanks for the link Bill.
[Reply]
QiCultivator 08:42 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I'm sure you are tasting that because of the Skull on the band...I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of the taste of a cigar comes from expectations, which come from the band, marketing and what we've heard about the cigar from other people.
[Reply]
danreeve 12:43 PM 03-15-2012
Dan just put these on sale http://www.newhavanacigars.com/NHC_S..._com_s/114.htm

MODS: feel free to move this to the deals section, I put it here because this thread seems to have a lot of interest in these.
[Reply]
Up