Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Which Opus X?
ckay 10:36 PM 03-12-2012
www.ovtc.com

Call and see if they are in stock. Emerson's is good too when they have them.
[Reply]
jluck 11:18 PM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Those prices are double to quadruple the MSRP, if not more.

MSRP on Opus Xes is actually quite reasonable. $10 to $15 on the average, some vitolas are less, a few are more. Special/rare shapes can run higher.

Note, that state taxes are going to be on top of that, so depending on how oppressive your state is they can be significant, but, if you order from out of state you should not be charged it.
Here's my hang up...."sweethearts" lowest price is 26.50 per cigar. Where can they be found for 10-15 "on average"?
I found them for 15-22 from one B&M and up to 34 at another, You say my provided prices are "double or quadruple" overpriced. Even with the benefit of doubt half of my low price (excluding the quadruple factor) is 7.50...you can find a retailer for that? Now to the high side...even half of 34.00 is 17.00 and 1/4 (quadruple factor) is what 8.50...can you provide a retailer for that?
the last thing I offered was the tin of three of different vitolas ranging from 55.00 (for three)/18.33 each OR 68.00 (for three)22.66 each
These are also aged from 06.
So I ask again can you provide somewhere for people to purchase opusX cigars (in stock) for the 10-15 "on average" (us dollars I assume your talking).
Please post said link or phone number.
so far the lowest cost offer is what I have offered. feel free to beat the offer all to heck. I would like to purchase more than the lonely one I have.

Garry I do apologize for hijacking your thread just trying to get the best deal for you,me and.....
[Reply]
x man 11:57 PM 03-12-2012
Very few stores have the regular Opus line now.
Sweethearts only lists the Lost City Opus.
Fuente is closed the month of Jan. every year.
They havnt shipped any Opus since last years holiday batch.
The aged 3 pac tin sounds decent. Opus from 06, good chit man.
[Reply]
T.G 01:58 AM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Here's my hang up...."sweethearts" lowest price is 26.50 per cigar. Where can they be found for 10-15 "on average"?
Opus X Lost City isn't the same as the regular Opus X. LC's are one of Fuente's "special" Opus Xes with a higher price tag.

When they have them, TS will sell Opus Xes at MSRP, which puts the bulk of the line in the $10-$15 range.
[Reply]
scottdurand 10:24 PM 03-13-2012
If you are wanting to try "Opus" I would honestly say the "Lost city" isn't a good sample of what the core of Opus fans are in love with. I have a nice selection of the "Lost city" and they are an interesting smoke but different. If possible I wouldn't start with one of the more obscure vitolas either, one of the tins or a couple singles would be best. My personal favorites after trying most of the range are the No 5, Robusto, Perfecxion X. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:16 AM 03-14-2012
WOW.. One day out of here..

Thanks for all the help from everyone! I will continue to research them. I have waited this long, I can wait longer and find a decent price, What I think is decent to pay for some.

Thanks again to all who chimed in.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:02 AM 03-14-2012
Gary,

Here is a tin of 3 for $65.

http://pipesandcigars.com/fufuopxci.html

Not exactly sure what the Opus X Rare Estate Reserve Robusto 1992 is however.

I'm sure some of these other guys could let you know the difference.
[Reply]
T.G 08:24 AM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
Not exactly sure what the Opus X Rare Estate Reserve Robusto 1992 is however.

I'm sure some of these other guys could let you know the difference.

All tins are marked that way. "Rare Estate Reserve" is just part of the name and 1992 was the first year that Fuente started growing the tobacco that has become the capa leaf on the Opus X. Aside from the cedar wrap on the cigars, they are the same as any other current production Opus X.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:34 AM 03-14-2012
Thanks for the info Adam!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:34 AM 03-14-2012
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54275
[Reply]
scottyroj 03:25 PM 03-15-2012
"power ranger" xXx is the way to go if you are going to try the X or petite lancero.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:01 PM 03-15-2012
I ended up getting these from from Bob (BSB)

Perfection
Robusto
xXx
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up