Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 20 of 21
« First < 10181920 21 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What is your favorite Scotch Whisky
JohnnyFlake 10:10 AM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by Frodo:
I think there's only the 14 and the DE unless we're talking IBs.
Yes, but which one is he referring to?
[Reply]
deadrise 06:56 PM 09-17-2012
hugh "hotreds" hooked me up with a shot of Rosebank Cask Strength Gordon & Macphail it was so much better then any scotch I have tried.
I have been drinking McClelland's single malt Isly and some cutty for blended scotch.
I have been on the scotch slippery slope and I think Hugh just gave me a push I am trying to find something like Rosebank Cask Strength Gordon & Macphail I hope in my local abc.

any suggestions?
[Reply]
Ogre 06:18 PM 11-14-2012
I picked up some Glenrothes 1994 on my honeymoon cruise. It is a great lite scotch, easy on the palate. It has little peat or smokey flavor, but a stronger fruit and spice taste on the tongue. This would be a good summer scotch or I would give it to a beginner as it is not overpowering.
[Reply]
Periferius 12:57 AM 11-15-2012
Midleton, aah sorry that's Irish. oops!
[Reply]
cobra03 12:33 PM 01-04-2013
Just got a bottle of Bruichladdich Rocks for Christmas. Sounds like its in my wheel house. Havent tried it yet maybe i'll break it open later. Anyone had it before?
[Reply]
hammondc 09:27 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by cobra03:
Just got a bottle of Bruichladdich Rocks for Christmas. Sounds like its in my wheel house. Havent tried it yet maybe i'll break it open later. Anyone had it before?
Funny you mention this. I was coming in here to comment on Bruichladdich. I had some of their Port Charlotte Peat Project over Christmas and was wanting to get everyone's opinion/comment on Bruichladdich and Islay malts in general. Until now, I have only been drinking Speyside- Balvenie, Glenfiddich, Macallen.
[Reply]
omowasu 09:42 PM 01-15-2013
Originally Posted by cobra03:
Bruichladdich Rocks is simply wonderful. Because it is unpeated and not chill filtered, the flavor profile is very different than other Islays. The lack of peating results in a LOT less smoky flavors and replaces them with really interesting cereal, caramel, and tangy notes on the start and a very unique nutty, salty, fruity finish. I just finished a bottle, and it shall be replaced in very short order. Its a one of a kind. I like it best on a couple ice cubes, but to each his own.

Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of smoky and medicinal Scotch flavors, some of my favorites are Ardbeg and Laphroaig... Rocks opened my palate to other flavors that may have faded into the background with other smokier single malts.

Highly recommended. And relatively cheap!
[Reply]
cobra03 12:40 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by omowasu:
Bruichladdich Rocks is simply wonderful. Because it is unpeated and not chill filtered, the flavor profile is very different than other Islays. The lack of peating results in a LOT less smoky flavors and replaces them with really interesting cereal, caramel, and tangy notes on the start and a very unique nutty, salty, fruity finish. I just finished a bottle, and it shall be replaced in very short order. Its a one of a kind. I like it best on a couple ice cubes, but to each his own.

Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of smoky and medicinal Scotch flavors, some of my favorites are Ardbeg and Laphroaig... Rocks opened my palate to other flavors that may have faded into the background with other smokier single malts.

Highly recommended. And relatively cheap!
Thats good to hear. Im not a huge fan of really smokey scotch myself kinda reminds me of burt tires but i will try anything. I tend to lean more towards a slightly sweeter scotch. I havent had a chance to try it yet. Im gonna go try to break it open tomorrow if the opportunity presents itself.
[Reply]
MACS 01:25 AM 01-29-2013
2 of my favorites are Macallan 12 and Balvenie Doublewood. Aberlour 16 is another.

I also enjoy Lagavulin 16, but I have to be in the mood for that peat bomb.
[Reply]
stevcatter 02:44 AM 08-01-2013
My favorite scotch is 18 years old Dewars whisky.
[Reply]
gogotron 09:56 AM 08-15-2013
Another vote for Macallan 12 and Oban 14, both are great neat or on the rocks and reasonable enough to enjoy frequently.
[Reply]
dgold21 09:47 PM 09-27-2013
I'm out of whiskey, need to try a couple new bottles...going to get the Aberlour A'bunadh, and was thinking about the Balvenie Doublewood 17yr...anyone try that?
[Reply]
kansashat 12:31 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by markem:
Probably my all time fave was a 33 y.o. Springbank. Second on the list would be a 27 y.o. Tamnvulin-Glenlivet single barrel that I still have.
Wow! I had a waiter at Bern's Steak House in Tampa suggest the 33 yr old Springbank to me about 15 yrs ago. It was $50 an ounce, but still remains the best single malt I've tried. For the record, it was a corporate spiff trip, & I didn't pay for it personally...thank God. LOL
[Reply]
equetefue 07:52 AM 10-11-2013
Macallan 12 for me. Very smooth
[Reply]
mikesr1963 06:03 PM 02-28-2014
I don't drink a lot of scotch. So when I get an itch for it I'll buy 4 or 5 of the tiny bottle of JW Black and toss them in the freezer.
[Reply]
big pete 06:49 PM 02-28-2014
Oban 18 right now
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:40 PM 02-28-2014
Two new favs: Johnny Walker King George V Edition and Glenmorangie Signet.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 03:58 PM 04-29-2014
I'm not a big drinker but when I do drink, I prefer scotch and I blame it all on PETE!

Macallan 18
Laphroaig 10
Glenlivet 15
[Reply]
lukem 04:36 PM 04-29-2014
Not sure I have a favorite yet as that's something I just picked up recently as well. Right now I've got:

Macallen 15
Glenfiddich 18
Laphoroaig 10

I'm leaning toward the non-peaty scotch.
[Reply]
nutcracker 04:51 PM 04-29-2014
I have a Caol Ila from SMWS - 17 year old - just phenomenal

Go go single malts:
Laphroiag 10
Highland Park 18

El cheapo: Black Grouse

But then I do have a lot of scotch......
Attached: whisky.jpg (101.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 20 of 21
« First < 10181920 21 >
Up