Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 29
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>nice rums?
Wanger 07:32 PM 05-12-2009
I've tried the Pistol and am not a fan of it as a sipper. It was very sweet and had a citrus taste to me. It tasted like it belonged on ice cream as a topping and not as an asult beverage in my mouth. Just my opinion on it. Wish I could compare it to the XO. maybe some time later.
[Reply]
Mark C 07:56 PM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by Wondering Nomad:
Can anybody tell me how Pyrat Pistol differs from the XO?
I can't tell a difference. I've tried 'em side by side, both have heavy notes of orange/citrus and are fairly sweet.
[Reply]
Wanger 10:51 AM 06-22-2009
Had some Zacapa 23 (not the fully wrapped bottle) last night. A great rum, and likely what will replace Zaya for me. Smooth and warm, carmely taste is what I got from it.
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:03 AM 06-22-2009
I like the Pyrat Pistol for Rum and Coke's.

I like Zaya for sipping.

I am a total newb when it comes to Rum, so take that for what it's worth.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:55 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
My favorite at the moment is Zaya. I just wish I could compare the Guatemalan with the Trinidadian stuff. I've had both, and liked both, but really don't knwo what the difference was, as it was months between the time that I had them. Even my wife (not a rum drinker) will drink Zaya neat. :-)

I've also had and liked Ron Matusalem Clasico.

HC 7 is another good one. Though I have had it side by side with Guatemalan Zaya, and preferred the Zaya. Just suited my palate better.

I know that I'll need to try some of the others that have been listed here, too
IMO, the new Zaya definitely has more vanilla taste and is a bit sweeter. The old had much less vanilla, less sweet, but had more taste if that makes any sense. More dimensions if you will. I preferred the old in a side by side test, but like both very much.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 04:11 PM 08-15-2009
Alright, the birthday money has started in, yesterday I got a bottle of Sailor Jerry and Appleton Estate Extra 12 year.

Today, I'm about to order a bottle of Zaya and RZ23. I think that'll hold me for a while.
[Reply]
bowhnter 05:28 PM 08-15-2009
I am going to have to read this thread when I have my laptop. Having been to Barbados we buy Mount Gay
[Reply]
captain53 05:33 PM 08-15-2009
Originally Posted by bowhnter:
I am going to have to read this thread when I have my laptop. Having been to Barbados we buy Mount Gay
Many private fishing boat trips to the islands in my life and I stick with the native choice Cruzan. I spend big $ on Single Malts and Cigars but hang with the Cruzan availble in TX at Specs for around $15/1.75 L In fact just got out of the pool after a few Cruzan & Cokes chasing a nice Comacho! Life Is Good!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 06:27 PM 08-15-2009
and I just picked up a bottle of Pompero from a local place

I'm done buying hooch for a while
[Reply]
Steve 07:02 PM 08-15-2009
Got my vote!

I've killed a bottle or two myself over the years...

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:
I've found Ron Matusalem to be the best I've ever come in contact with.

[Reply]
Mark C 06:59 PM 08-16-2009
Originally Posted by RX2010:
I'm done buying hooch for a while
You've said that once already :-)

I think that'll hold me for a while.
Once the rum bug bites, you're done. Don't fight it, just go buy more :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:31 PM 08-16-2009
but now I'm really done... but I want to find some Averna locally, and I might pick up some Campari
[Reply]
DrDubzz 09:32 PM 08-16-2009
I might pick up a Cruzan or two tomorrow:-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 04:48 PM 08-17-2009
got the Cruzan coconut and Blackstrap :-)

and maybe a bottle of Appleton Estate Reserve...
[Reply]
Mark C 07:19 PM 08-17-2009
got the Cruzan coconut and Blackstrap :-)

and maybe a bottle of Appleton Estate Reserve...
Never tried the Blackstrap, been meaning to though. If you've got a bottle of Gosling's Black Seal, how does it compare? If you don't... go get one :-)
[Reply]
Barteur 07:28 PM 08-17-2009
Got this directly from the Brugal factory
Attached: DSC_9745.jpg (91.9 KB) 
[Reply]
DrDubzz 07:46 PM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
Never tried the Blackstrap, been meaning to though. If you've got a bottle of Gosling's Black Seal, how does it compare? If you don't... go get one :-)
I don't have a bottle, I might get one down the road :-)

but the blackstrap is excellent, Moooolassess
[Reply]
Darrell 07:58 PM 08-17-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
Gosling's is the only way to make a Dark N Stormy. In fact that reminds me, maybe I'll have one. :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 08:26 PM 08-17-2009
Found a bottle of Zaya Guat at a liqour store nearby!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 03:51 PM 08-19-2009
I finally found some ginger beer in town, at World Market.

it's Bundaberg from Australia. tonight I'll try an off-label dark and stormy
[Reply]
Page 7 of 29
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up