Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arturo Fuente - Anejo - Cameroon Shark
JKim 09:14 AM 10-15-2008
I posted this review on 6/13/2007

-------------------------

Tonight is the night to burn one of these Sharks. I got 2 of these in Holts Samplers last

Christmas. They've been suffering some slight mold problems as of late. It seems odd because

they're kept in a varnished box in a coolerdor at about 68% RH.

This is what I'm pairing with.

The cap clipped cleanly with my Palio Cutter. The head cracked slightly.

Light Time: 10:30 PM

Solid construction on this stick. The wrapper is firm throughout the length of the stick. It

almost feels like there are some soft spots under the rigid square frame of the cigar.

Pre-light draw is very easy. The wrapper is a little sweet, a little spicy, a little

musty/barnyard. The taste is very pleasing.

I spent a little extra time toasting the foot on this one because of the mold I spotted on it

earlier.

The initial pulls are a nice rich tobaccco, characteristic of other Fuentes I'd smoked in the

past. There's a nice touch of spice mixed with the slight sweetness on the velvet wrapper

that go well together.

This cigar produces a large volume of smoke very easily. I like that. The CS smokes like a

mild cigar off the bat. I'm not sure if that is misleading or not. It's very smooth.

Everything about is subtle. Subtle enough that I tihnk I'm missing a good big of the

character. It leaves me with a sense of calm. The Cameroon is a nice match with the filler

and binder in this Anejo. I hope AF produces more of these this year. I'm finding myself

enjoying more and more Cameroons of late. Sweet, creamy, earthy, all very subtle in the first

inch.

The ash is tight and mostly white, light gray.

I picked up some slight nutty/toasty flavors after the first inch. The CS really starts to

get lively after the first inch. I'm finding myself sipping on this cigar constantly.

Snorking doesn't provide any nuances that I might have missed. The ash is still holding

tight.

The cigar picks up all the characteristics of a Cameroon wrapper that I enjoy. Very light on

the spice, heavy on the sweet cream and slight nutty/toasty flavors. It's a little sweeter

than any other Cameroon I'd smoked in the past. Very similar the the LFD Cabinet Cameroon

series. Makes sense with the Dominican Filler on both. There's not alot that lingers on the

finish on this smoke. The body has picked up to a stouter medium. This one pairs will with

JW Blue.

I knocked the ash off at about an inch and half. Although this stick could have held it for

longer, I'm burning this one for pure enjoyment.

The CS picks up a different characteristic in the 2nd half. It's picked up some citrusy floral notes. The 2nd half of the shark sets it apart from the other Cameroons I'd smoked in the past. It's a nice end to a great stick. Thanks Carlos for blending this one.

Burn Time: 1 hour 30 minutes.
[Reply]
Mustang1 11:30 PM 10-18-2008
Sand Sharks and Johnnie Blue, we gotta hang out. :-)

I have smoked plenty of the maduro Sharks but never had a cammy.

I'll have to seek some out, and some Johnnie Blue. :-)
[Reply]
JKim 11:51 PM 10-18-2008
I really wish these were readily available. I have exactly one of these left. I don't know if these were ever offered again outside of the Holt's 2006 Sampler.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:29 AM 10-19-2008
I still am sitting (not literally) on the one I got in the Holt's sampler...Might have to bust that bad-boy out after reading your review, Ji. :-)
[Reply]
JKim 10:14 AM 10-19-2008
Yeah Tom, you gotta watch out when you say sittin on. Some people think I'm literally sitting on a Culeba right now.

If you enjoy Cameroon wrapped cigars Tom, I think you're in for quite a treat. I remember at the first the Cameroon wrap with the Anejo fillers didn't quite make sense to me flavor wise, because I was thinking of each individually. When I let that go, the cigar was great.

Let us know what you think of it if you do end up smoking it!
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 03:09 PM 10-19-2008
Makes my mouth water for another one its been a while. They seem to have a problem with mold, at least mine did too.
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 09:25 PM 10-19-2008
Great review! :-)
That burlwood Palio of yours has some real character to it now! What happened to it? Lawnmower or dog? :-)
[Reply]
JKim 09:32 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo:
Great review! :-)
That burlwood Palio of yours has some real character to it now! What happened to it? Lawnmower or dog? :-)
LOL.. DOG. This review was actually the test of the cutter after it got chewed up.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...1&postcount=24

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...4&postcount=25
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 10:28 AM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by JKim:
LOL.. DOG. This review was actually the test of the cutter after it got chewed up.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...1&postcount=24

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...4&postcount=25
LOL... That is definitely a testament to their quality! Glad to know it will still be around after a nuclear fallout!
[Reply]
rack04 10:36 AM 10-20-2008
Very nice review Ji. I definitely regret selling the only two of these I had.
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:39 AM 10-20-2008
Nice review. I was wondering what these would taste like. Now if I can just work up the nerve to smoke the one I have lol... :-)
[Reply]
php007 12:56 PM 10-20-2008
Nice review. If I am not mistaken these are also in theh Opus 22 boxes as well.
[Reply]
JKim 12:58 PM 10-20-2008
Paul I was aware of an Opus Shark with a Rosado wrapper. One was released with a Cameroon Wrapper as well? That is one Opus I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.
[Reply]
rack04 12:59 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Nice review. I was wondering what these would taste like. Now if I can just work up the nerve to smoke the one I have lol... :-)
Ha Ha. :-)
[Reply]
JKim 01:00 PM 10-20-2008
Embrace your fears! Light it up.. what's the worst that could happen? :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 01:08 PM 10-20-2008
Gee, a shark and some JW Blue, what an evening!!
[Reply]
php007 01:23 PM 10-20-2008
Ji,

Guess I was mistaken, you are right that is a Rosado Opus x I have in the 22 box.
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:38 PM 10-20-2008
Embrace your fears! Light it up.. what's the worst that could happen? :-)
I could love it so much that I will wish I had more... :-)

I will eventually smoke it lol... but if I had two It would be easier to know that I had another one left... :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:39 PM 10-20-2008
Paul I was aware of an Opus Shark with a Rosado wrapper. One was released with a Cameroon Wrapper as well? That is one Opus I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.
They came in the Opus 22 sets and last year in a special Holt's sampler... I missed the sampler and got my hands on one of them in a sale thread awhile back. They look damn sexy! :-)
[Reply]
JKim 03:20 PM 10-20-2008
They came in the Opus 22 sets and last year in a special Holt's sampler... I missed the sampler and got my hands on one of them in a sale thread awhile back. They look damn sexy! :-)
Rosado Shark or Cameroon Shark?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up