Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Jfr lunatic loco el Gran loco
kingcobradude 10:24 AM 11-11-2019
Size: 5.5x80 perfecto.

Preliminary observations: a chunky perfecto with a smooth, slightly oily wrapper with a pigtail cap. It's a bit like an oversize flying pig vitola from Drew estate. It doesn't require the use of an oversize cutter, a regular guillotine cutter works fine and yields a nice open draw. It has an aroma of pepper and dry tobacco. Dry puff is peppery.

Flavors:9/10 the first light yields a medium body blast of pepper, with hints of leather, earthiness, and cedar, with a peppery finish. It does require double puffs, and puffing fairly often. At the 1/3 point it is medium full body, and flavors shift to leather and wood, with a bit of caramelized onions and toffee, and a coffee finish. Pepper is only on the retrohale. They stay pretty much until the end, with creaminess coming in just past the halfway point. Burn time was an hour and a half. I smoked it until an inch remained.

Construction:8/10 it did require a few touch ups. But it is an 80 rg perfecto, what did you expect-o (sorry, had to do it) ash was super flaky, but stayed on 3.5 inches.

Final thoughts: this was a really nice cigar. I hope this is a regularly released cigar now that it is out, and not just a one time thing. This is definitely on my buy a box or 2 list.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:33 PM 11-13-2019
Great review Clay!
I'm a big fan of the Lunatic short robustos so I was really curious how these new ones would smoke & now it looks like I'll have to try them soon as well! :-)
[Reply]
Bax 04:21 PM 07-29-2021
Just tried my first Lunatic and got absolutely no flavor other than tobacco. I have one more, hope it was just a dud stick.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 10:41 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bax:
Just tried my first Lunatic and got absolutely no flavor other than tobacco. I have one more, hope it was just a dud stick.
I'm a big fan of the Aganorsa Leaf cigars but never got much from their JFR line. Try the Miami Reserva. Or, on the Cbid cheap side, try the Nica Libre by Aganorsa.
[Reply]
Up