Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tavago
Don Fernando 01:27 PM 10-15-2008
A former friend of mine bought a case of this Tavago cigars on his recent trip to Trinidad & Tobago. It’s a handmade local cigar, made by a refugee from Cuba and I cannot find any information on the internet about this brand so it’s unique to smoke and review this. Nootje, thank you for sharing this cigar and making this review possible.

The wrapper is nice oily and smooth, I don’t know the precise ring but I guess its around 40 and about 130mm long. The aroma reminds me of manure.

Leather, that is the first flavor I can discover and soon after the leather I can taste pepper. When the cigar reaches the body there is a clear toast flavor at the palate which is replaced by leather and pepper after a few centimeters. At the end the pepper grows stronger.

The smoke, draw and ash are all fine, the cigar is light to medium bodied and not complex at all. A nice cigar to start the day with, nothing special but not bad either

Would I buy this cigar again? It could be a nice morning cigar, if the price is right.
[Reply]
Tw3nty 08:21 PM 10-15-2008
Dude, you are giving me a lot of new information.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:57 AM 10-16-2008
you're welcome :-) and I have some more unknown cigars ready to be smoked & reviewed, now all I need is the time to do so.
[Reply]
Up