Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva V lancero
Don Fernando 01:23 PM 10-15-2008
The thinnest cigar of the Oliva V series, a very elegant ring 38 178 mm long lancero has a nice wrapper with lots of small veins which make the cigar look natural and real and the aroma of manure. The cigar feels well constructed, a bit on the hard side though while the predraw is very light. I don’t usually smoke cigars this thin, so my judgment could be a bit false.

The leather aroma is very much like the leather that you get from most Cuban cigars, stronger then the Dominican leather but there is something more that makes it a bit salty and soon black pepper kicks in. After a while I can taste some coffee soon to be replaced again by the leather.

This cigar produces lots of smoke with nice light grey ashes. The burn is a bit crooked and the draw is light, a bit too light for my taste.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, it is a nice cigar but I prefer a bigger ringsize
[Reply]
weak_link 01:30 PM 10-15-2008
Nice review. The V in a lancero is actually my favorite size for that cigar, interesting how everyone has their own preferences.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:32 PM 10-15-2008
my fav is the belicoso.
[Reply]
Mugen910 01:34 PM 10-15-2008
I like this cigar but not up there in my smoke again list.
[Reply]
Tw3nty 08:17 PM 10-15-2008
This is my favorite cigar for this marca.
[Reply]
rizzle 10:14 AM 10-16-2008
This one just hasn't done it for me. And I love the belicoso, so I'm a little puzzled. The two of them, to me, are night and day.
[Reply]
G G 07:41 PM 10-16-2008
Tried one a while back. Although I love Oliva cigars, this one didn't do it for me. With all due respect though, I think I smoked a little too fast and let it get too hot. Probably wont buy another, as I like bigger RG cigars.:-)
[Reply]
kwoody 07:43 PM 10-16-2008
Not a fan I had posted a review over at the other place. I had big time draw issues and it didnt seem 'filled' I have a figurado to try to hopefully that is a good stick.
Thanks for the review:-)
[Reply]
kfish 07:47 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Tried one a while back. Although I love Oliva cigars, this one didn't do it for me. With all due respect though, I think I smoked a little too fast and let it get too hot. Probably wont buy another, as I like bigger RG cigars.:-)
:-)

I like the torpedos much better.
[Reply]
Up