Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Vijae Zombie Antidote Review
PuffsNStuff 01:35 PM 06-07-2014
Aroma, cubanesq barn yard smell rich and full with a hint of coca.
prelight draw, easy and open with a definite taste of chocolate and raisin with something else in the background I can't quite place.

time to light: dual flame Alec Bradly Road Warrior lighter given to me by a local rep

First puff: spice and ceder on the nose and a white pepper spice on the throat, chocolate on the tongue.
first 1/3 the spice falls away almost instantly but the chocolate and raisin come back and dance around the tongue like with raisinets the smoke is rich and full and coats the mouth in a heavy blanket way... and I was wrong, the spice doesn't go away, it's on the finish of the rethrohale. The flavors are staying strong and a new little sharpness on the back of the throat but the Mexican Coke I'm drinking washes that away nicely. Ash is holding strong and there's just a bit of touch up work needed but since they came off the truck yesterday I'm going to say that's the issue. Leather and an earthy note that I can't parse out yet have come to the party. I'm loving the sharpness on the throat, I normally get this with nic puros. This has a nice smooth feel on the tongue and the rethrohale is also smooth and finishes clean and helps you really pick up some of the hidden notes. Nutmeg, basil nuts and ceder coming through.

second 1/3. The ash finally fell away after a touch up and setting the cigar back on the cutter/cigar rest. The flavors are still going strong with no real change but the taste is just wonderful. The draw is still open and easy and I'm just loving this cigar. The spice is starting to pick up on the rehtrohale again.This is delicious, tons of smoke and very very interesting. I'd say the spice is a combination of white black and red pepper with a hint of nutmeg. The band comes off easily and a nice natural sweetness is coming through.
I'm about halfway done with this cigar now.

last third: The sweetness is coming alive now but I still can't place what it is. It's very enjoyable though. It's not a honey or anything like that....closer to a cane sugar I'd say...and as I say that a honey is coming through with some nutmeg and coriander. The spice on the rethrohale is back along with a ceder note and another woody note that I can't place. Down to the nub, there's a piny note coming through now which was unexpected and quite pleasant.
Broke out the xikar mult-tool to nub this cigar properly.
Loved this cigar. I'm not always a fan of the Vijae line but this was a fantastic smoke lots of flavor, consistent base notes with a few twists and turns thrown in great draw and burn and really really good. I'm going to give this a 92/100. If I'm allowed to buy more I'm going to do it. Awesome cigar

Warning huge pic off my iPhone
http://i.imgur.com/1f7ePH1.jpg
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:04 PM 06-07-2014
Dang, that sounds like a great cigar. Awesome review! That's one heck of a nub job, by the way! Definitely got your money's worth!
[Reply]
PuffsNStuff 10:13 AM 06-09-2014
Easily one of the top two cigars i've smoked this year
[Reply]
longknocker 04:10 AM 06-17-2014
Just Picked Up A 5'er! :-) Can't Wait To Try Them! Great Review!:-)
[Reply]
STEVE S 06:37 AM 06-17-2014
Thank you for a great review.
[Reply]
jsnake 09:37 AM 06-17-2014
Great review. My experience was similar to many others in that the cigar is pretty one dimensional. The flavor was great and your initial flavor assessment is what I experienced. Great flavor but it never really changed. There was some sweetness in the end and I nubbed it. I really enjoyed the cigar and flavor but there was no wow factor for me. I do like them and glad I have more but this is far from my favorite Viaje. Like the others I am hoping the get better with some time on them.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 08:57 AM 09-25-2014
Great review. Jake if they don't age well for you just send your leftovers to me :-)
[Reply]
bkv04fsu 12:58 PM 08-11-2015
Thanks for the review! I wasn't able to get any of these guys. Maybe one day. I've been smoking the corona gorda a lot lately.
[Reply]
Up