Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Ambos Mundos Habano robusto
Don Fernando 03:45 AM 07-30-2010
These Ambos Mundos are the budget line of Tatuaje and they are only available as a 5x50 robusto and a 6x50 toro. They are available with two different wrappers, one is a Habano and the other is a Ecuadorian Sumatra. The binder and filler are from Nicaragua. The tobacco used is B and C grade, that means that the tobacco didn't make the cut for regular production due to color differences of because it needed extra fermentation, but it doesn't mean that it's bad tobacco, as it is the same tobacco used for regular production Tatuaje. Now it's no secret that I like Tatuaje a lot, so I looked forward to smoking this cigar. I had a robusto with the Habano wrapper.

The wrapper is dark, shiny and oily with a few veins. The construction feels good and the cigar has a firm barnyard smell. The predraw is fine and has a peppery flavor mixed with dry tobacco.

I taste coffee which is replaced by wood pretty quickly. The wood is a little sweet.

Halfway the flavors get a little nutty, also with the same sweetness.

The smoke time of this cigar is an hour and a half. I got a decent amount of smoke, that starts out thin but gets thicker along the way. The draw is good and I had some issues with the burn. The firm ash is light colored, almost white. The purge is phenomenal, I don't think I have ever seen a bigger flame. I would call this cigar medium bodied and medium flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might, I mean, this is a nice cigar, a bit flat but easy on the palate, no depth but still very enjoyable.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:48 AM 07-30-2010
Thanks for the review Ferdie. As usual this one it spot on!!
[Reply]
Ogre 04:55 AM 07-30-2010
Thanks for the review, this one will end up on the maybe/maybe not list. Many many more to try before this one.
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:31 AM 07-30-2010
I'm not a fan of it. I smoked one awhile back and thought it was pretty blah. Tat P was better and cheaper.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:36 AM 07-30-2010
Nice review Ferdie!! I haven't tried the habano, but enjoyed the sumatra.
[Reply]
Up