Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Series Review coming. Pete Johnson 2010 Pre-Releases
danreeve 12:04 PM 07-23-2010
Mods: If this is in the wrong space, or not appropriate to post please move/del it.

Today I am announcing a new, very exciting series review project for Crooked Burn. For some of my long-time readers, you'll recall that, back in March, I did a series review of the full line of the (then newly-released) El Triunfador from Pete Johnson. I had a great time smoking all of the different sizes and really getting to know that blend. This series review will differ in that it won't be all cigars in the same line, but rather all new cigars from the same manufacturer. I am lucky enough (truly I believe that I am, and am humbled by it) to have in my possession most, if not all, of the new releases for next year from Pete Johnson. Before you ask, no. I don't have any samples of the ever-hyped new Halloween stick. I have to wait just like most everyone else. But what I do have is just as exciting to me.

Below is a list of the sticks I am going to be reviewing in the next two weeks:
Ambos Mundos Grande No. 1 5 1/2 x 56 Habano
Ambos Mundos Grande No. 2 5 1/2 x 56 Sumatra
Tatuaje Havana VI 5 1/2 x 56 Gordito
El Triunfador 5 7/8 x 54 #7
Tatuaje Seleccion de Cazador 5 5/8 x 46 7th Natural
Tatuaje Seleccion de Cazador 5 5/8 x 46 7th Reserva (Broadleaf)
Petit Tatuaje Reserva - 4 1/2 x 32 (Broadleaf)
Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva - 4 x 40 (Broadleaf)
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu No. 5 - 4 x 40

All of my pre-release Tatuaje sticks come courteously from Dan (NHCDAN on twitter) owner of New Havana Cigars and sponsor of The Crooked Burn. A HUGE thanks to him as always for giving me the chance to smoke these sticks early, and a HUGE thanks to Pete Johnson for letting me post these reviews before the cigars hit the market. All of the cigars in this series review are not in stock at New Havana Cigars yet, nor are they available for sale. So please, my fellow BOTLs, do not bombard him with emails/phone calls looking to buy/get one to review.

As always, thanks for reading.

Two more pictures here http://tinyurl.com/2ubn493

Dan
[Reply]
earnold25 12:08 PM 07-23-2010
finally a 4' x 40 stick in the "regular" brown line. exciting.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:41 PM 07-23-2010
You can bet your arse I am buying a box of the Tatuaje Seleccion de Cazador 5 5/8 x 46 7th Reserva when I can find them!! My favorite vitola AND a Reserva!!!
[Reply]
danreeve 12:52 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
You can bet your arse I am buying a box of the Tatuaje Seleccion de Cazador 5 5/8 x 46 7th Reserva when I can find them!! My favorite vitola AND a Reserva!!!
and it's awesome. really really smooth. :-)
[Reply]
issues 01:12 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Luckily, these won't be a limited release so we will be able to enjoy that wonderful brown label Reserva flavor for as long as we want!!! :-)

Not only am I looking forward to the Cazador, I'm also really looking forward to the Petite Reserva and Petit Cazadores Reserva.
[Reply]
Eleven 11:00 PM 07-28-2010
Yup, regular everyday Tats at regular everyday prices! I can't wait :-)
[Reply]
Up