Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Joya de Nicaragua Antano Belicoso
Starscream 07:01 PM 10-20-2008
Joya de Nicaragua Antano Belicoso

Sorry for the lack of pics. had to use a pic from a cigar website. My pics file size were too big for me to attach. Still not the best w/ file attachments.

1st third: This cigar is a powerhouse when first lit. Starts to mellow a tad after a couple of minutes, but still very strong. Spice and pepper are the main flavors I am getting right now. A slight, slight sweetness starts to arise near the end of the initial third.

2nd third: Still strong, with a hint of sweet undertones. I am enjoying this cigar so far. Burn is pretty even, not perfect, but haven’t had to correct it yet. Spiciness returns. Very powerful in this section of the stick. No sweet flavors now. Pure spice, maybe some leather in there too. Still enjoying this cigar. Entering into the end of the second third: my palate is not refined enough to tell what I’m tasting, yet it’s reminiscent of a PAM 64 Principe. Coffee and chocolate (milk chocolate)?

Final third: Still strong, but the spice mellows once again. A lot smoother stick in this final section.

Didn't have the opportunity to nub this stick as the wife called me inside to attend to more *ahem* important matters. *ahem* *ahem* I'd rather be attending to that matter than smoking anyways:-)
Overall a wonderful stick. Would I buy again: Definitely!!
Attached: JoyaDeNicAntGranRes3pk.jpg (43.2 KB) 
[Reply]
NickyTeen 07:54 PM 10-20-2008
Nice review! Love these. My fav size is the consul.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:40 PM 10-20-2008
Nice review! I picked up some of these on the cigar monster deal the other day. I can't wait to fire them up.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 08:58 AM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by NickyTeen:
Nice review! Love these. My fav size is the consul.
Nice review! My fav is also the consul. I just picked up a box for cheap. You'll also be able to finish it without being **ahem** interupted!
[Reply]
Starscream 10:46 AM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by Beer Doctor:
Nice review! My fav is also the consul. I just picked up a box for cheap. You'll also be able to finish it without being **ahem** interupted!
Certain interuptions are well worth putting a stick down:-)
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 10:53 AM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Certain interuptions are well worth putting a stick down:-)
If she loved you she'd let you do both:-)
[Reply]
Joan 10:57 AM 10-22-2008
Ya butt... then he'd make an ash of them both.

:-)

Hoo boy, I really need to try the Antano now. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Sr Mike 11:54 AM 10-22-2008
I love these cigars.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:29 PM 10-22-2008
:-) Something to consider.:-)
Originally Posted by Joan:
Ya butt... then he'd make an ash of them both.

:-)
!
You're probably right:-)
[Reply]
Boobar 04:47 PM 10-22-2008
I have smoked the Consul and the Robusto Grande and I enjoyed them both. These are by far the strongest cigars that I have smoked in my short time in the cigar world.
[Reply]
Up