Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Taboo Limited Reserve Figurado
Pipe&Cigar 11:57 AM 10-20-2008
I picked up the New Sampler from Rob at Taboo and decided today was a great day to light one up. I chose the Limited Reserve Figurado (With a Connecticut Wrapper?)

Construction was nice, the wrapper had a few areas that were flaking and coming apart, it seemed VERY delicate so I resisted doing a squeeze test. I love lighting the figurados the small foot makes it easy and almost impossible for me to screw up.

The draw was super easy with plumes of bright white smoke coming from both ends. My first impression was "This is a very Light and Mild smoke" I didn't notice any spice, I got a hint of earthiness but could definitely taste the tobacco. This was a morning smoke for me (Which I hardly ever do) so it was accompanied by my Frappuccino Coffee, which really brought out what I can only describe as "Buttery Sweetness" in the cigar.

During the 2/3 my nose picked up some spice (When Snorking) it was still mild and light. The burn stayed perfectly even through the whole cigar. The ash was grayish white and hung well 1"- 1.5" (Who doesn't love a "Well Hung" Ash :-) ) I smoked it to the Nub.

Summary: This was a very nice smoke. Construction was solid, the delicate wrapper made me a bit nervous but it held together. It was light and mild, I found it great as an AM smoke with sweet coffee. Burn, Draw and volume of smoke was spot on!

Thanks Rob,
Ryan
[Reply]
DPD6030 08:43 PM 10-20-2008
Nice review. I have one or two of these in my humi resting. Your review may have just swayed me to light it up soon. Thanks.
[Reply]
Molarman777 04:51 PM 10-21-2008
I have a sampler pack just waiting for me when I go deer hunting in a few weeks. I have gone to the cc side but one of the nc I smoke on a regular basis are the Taboo Twist, love'em.

Great review,

Jason
[Reply]
nozero 04:55 PM 10-21-2008
Nice review thanks! How much did it cost?
[Reply]
Pipe&Cigar 07:46 PM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by nozero:
Nice review thanks! How much did it cost?
thanks for the comments... Rob at Taboo had a great discount going on, I think he still has a 25% off going on (Don't quote me on that LOL) I got the 6 Pack limited reserve sampler for around $25 bucks.
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:00 AM 10-22-2008
Here you go nozero.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1943
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 09:01 AM 10-22-2008
Nice review! Just had the Havana and it was really good! So far my fav from Rob.
[Reply]
Up