Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Taboo Maduro LR Robusto
BlackDog 03:37 PM 10-19-2008
This may be one of the last days I get to sit on the patio and smoke a cigar before cold weather sets in, so I decided to take advantage of it with a Taboo Maduro LR. A robusto was on the top tray of the humi, so I grabbed it.

The cigar is well constructed, firm with no soft spots. The cap cut off cleanly, and the draw was perfect, just a little resistance. The wrapper showed some toothiness. I toasted the foot and puffed it to life. I was immediately greeted with a strong cocoa flavor.

There was a cocoa and nut flavor in the first third of the cigar. The ash held on tight. Copious smoke followed each draw on the cigar. I took it slow so the cigar wouldn't heat up too much. The burn is razor sharp, and remains so throughout the cigar. The flavor was very good.

The second third of the cigar was more coffee like, with some spice. Everything about this cigar is nice.

The final third is definitely a bit more spicy and nutty. It get a little hot so I purge it and let it cool down. The final inch or so is really terrific, with the cocoa returning. It all really comes together.

This was a very nice cigar, my favorite so far of the Taboo LR line. I'll be buying more for certain.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:18 PM 10-19-2008
Thanks for an excellent review BD. I smoked a Taboo Dominican Maduro Corona today that was very enjoyable with the same "draw" you described for the LR. It does make for an enjoyable smoke doesn't it?:-)
[Reply]
CigarDood 04:23 PM 10-19-2008
I got one of these in a Taboo sampler, and I really enjoyed it, so I bought a bunch more. They are great sticks.
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 08:48 PM 10-19-2008
That cigar was my introduction to Taboo and it couldn't have been better! Very nice cigar indeed! Looking forward to picking up some Twists!
[Reply]
perikles 08:27 AM 10-20-2008
Nice review. I agree with the flavors - I even get the taste of gingerbread which is a little strange from a cigar. Taboo has been upping the ante recently.
[Reply]
Up