Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 18 of 138
« First < 8161718 19202868118 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Snake Hips 11:55 AM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
If I'm not mistaken, all drew estate cigars are infused in some way, so it is best to keep them separate. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
The Natural line is not infused - it only employs blends of odd tobaccos. The Liga Privada and La Herencia Cubana aren't infused either.
[Reply]
Chris. 03:07 PM 11-29-2009
I forget that drew estate makes the liga privada. Basically, any infused or flavored cigar needs to stay in a separate humi from 'regular' cigars.
[Reply]
Whynot 09:48 PM 11-29-2009
It seems some of my taste in cigars are against the grain and trashy. :-)
I guess I look at it like beer, I love micro brews and a good German/Belgium, but I can thoroughly enjoy a bud light as well.:-)
[Reply]
Chingo 09:54 PM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by Whynot:
It seems some of my taste in cigars are against the grain and trashy. :-)
I guess I look at it like beer, I love micro brews and a good German/Belgium, but I can thoroughly enjoy a bud light as well.:-)
Funny you say that as I see you are in Iraq. Someone once mentioned here that it seems troops love Acids. When I was there this past year I had a buddy that smoked nothing but Acids. To each their own I guess :-).

Stay safe!
[Reply]
Whynot 10:36 PM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by Chingo:
Funny you say that as I see you are in Iraq. Someone once mentioned here that it seems troops love Acids. When I was there this past year I had a buddy that smoked nothing but Acids. To each their own I guess :-).

Stay safe!
I liked Acids alot more when I was a 1-2 pack-a-day Marlboro Red smoker, now they are just too damn sweet for everyday use, but I still enjoy an occasional. I do like some of the Naturals as well. I also like several of the Gurkhas, which seems to be a "raging" debate around here.:-)
[Reply]
T.G 12:40 AM 11-30-2009
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
The Natural line is not infused - it only employs blends of odd tobaccos. The Liga Privada and La Herencia Cubana aren't infused either.
Chateau Real and the La Vieja Habana are also not infused.

Some of the tobacco used in the rolling of the Natural line is tobacco that would have eventually become pipe tobacco, had they not arrested the curing process partway though the casing. The remainder is just "untreated" / normal tobacco.
[Reply]
iRiSh 12:55 PM 11-30-2009
ive just recieved a box of chairman cigars but i dont have a cutter to cut them as they have a ring gague of 60.

does anyone have any ideas on how to cut them succesfully with out ruining them?

having 25 of them i would be as well to buy a cutter, ive searched ebay over here and most of them are for 22mm max cigars. any links for cheapish ones

thanking you in advance
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:37 PM 11-30-2009
Originally Posted by iRiSh:
ive just recieved a box of chairman cigars but i dont have a cutter to cut them as they have a ring gague of 60.

does anyone have any ideas on how to cut them succesfully with out ruining them?

having 25 of them i would be as well to buy a cutter, ive searched ebay over here and most of them are for 22mm max cigars. any links for cheapish ones

thanking you in advance
I have a cutter like this one and it cuts large ring gauges just fine: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...-DB12-T&cat=13
[Reply]
bobarian 01:51 PM 11-30-2009
Take one of the cigars with you to a local shop and check the cutters. Most likely the RG of the cap is slightly less than 60rg. You can also use a very sharp knife or a razor blade(be careful) to cut your cigars. Or there is always caveman style, just bite off the cap! :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 01:51 PM 11-30-2009

thanking you in advance
How about using a punch?
[Reply]
Zanaspus 01:52 PM 11-30-2009

thanking you in advance
What kind of cutter do you have? Even cutters made for smaller RG sticks can be used to cut fatter sticks. Wedge the end in there and "shave" what littel cap you can. Alternatively, a punch works on any large RG.
[Reply]
SilverFox 03:44 PM 11-30-2009

thanking you in advance
You could also just use a knife.

CUTTING CIGARS WITH A KNIFE

[Reply]
Whynot 09:41 PM 11-30-2009
I bought a cheap 3 finger case that came with a swiss army knife that had some cigar scissors on them. I think the biggest I have cut was a 56, but they look like they could handle much larger. Check out some scissors.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:52 AM 12-01-2009
I started a thread I had some questions in but I'll post it here.

the color of the smoke. I've seen smoke yellow-ish, smoke with a blue tint, and gray smoke. what does the color of the smoke indicate? does that have a relation to the strength or taste/flavors you'll experience?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:03 AM 12-01-2009
I have never noticed any correlation between the color of the smoke in relation to the flavor or strength of a cigar.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:29 AM 12-01-2009
What does the smoke color indicate? the age of the tobacco or maybe quality?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:30 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
My opinion?

Absolutely nothing.
[Reply]
T.G 11:33 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
Same thing as any other burning material, it's combustion qualities that's all.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:39 AM 12-01-2009
oh. Alright. Thanks
[Reply]
icehog3 11:41 AM 12-01-2009
Oh. You're welcome.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 138
« First < 8161718 19202868118 > Last »
Up