< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Do you rotate?
icehog3 11:43 PM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Within the box? No ...
Me neither.
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 04:46 AM 02-22-2010
I will rarely rotate the cigars, however from time to time I will check if any cigars have beetles or mold. I do remember a friend of mine mentioning to me that I should rotate my cigars. I just never took the advice.
[Reply]
skibumdc 05:26 AM 02-22-2010
Never rotated boxes in the cooler or Vino.
Singles in the Vino do get rotated around simply by reorganization efforts....not on purpose.
[Reply]
BigCat 06:05 AM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by skibumdc:
Never rotated boxes in the cooler or Vino.
Singles in the Vino do get rotated around simply by reorganization efforts....not on purpose.
My sentiments exactly. I don't have much choice in the cooler - its configured in one of the only ways I can get it to close.
[Reply]
Addiction 06:08 AM 02-22-2010
I do check boxes randomly on a monthly basis to make sure everythign is OK, but thats abotu it.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 06:39 AM 02-22-2010
Nope. The top shelf in my cabinet are where the open boxes I'm smoking from go. Anything on the middle or bottom shelf stays where it is unless I move it to the top shelf, at which point a new box replaces it.

It can take years for a box to move to the top shelf, and until that happens they usually stay wherever they ended up in the first place.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:07 AM 02-22-2010
without fail, on the first of every month i will:

- take all boxes out of the cabinet humidor.

- take all singles out of the tray/drawer in the cabinet humidor.

- within the boxes, i will take all cigars out.

- i will take the cigars that were on the top, in a dress box, and put them at the bottom, the bottom cigars at the top.

- i will remove all the bands on the cigars and put them back on (inspecting for mold under the band).

- in cabs, i will take all the cigars out, put them in the fridge for 1.5 days and then put them back in the cab.

- i will put all the boxes back in the humidor, but facing the opposite way they were facing originally. also, moving them down one shelf each (top shelf moves to middle, middle to bottom, bottom to top)

- the singles i took out of the drawer, i will put back in the drawer EXACTLY WHERE THEY WERE WHEN I TOOK THEM OUT. this is important.

- i will then put my pants back on and take a nap on the couch.
[Reply]
King James 09:13 AM 02-22-2010
In a closed box within a sealed humidor with stable humidity, I don't see how flipping the cigars over would expose to more humidity or somehow benefit the cigars.

Rotating boxes as a whole I can understand, though.
[Reply]
shilala 09:14 AM 02-22-2010
I rotate stuff through my door. Cigars in, cigars out. That's pretty much the extent of it. Seems to work really well. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 09:16 AM 02-22-2010
That would be a big no for me.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 09:31 AM 02-22-2010
Nope.

Sometimes I think it's very easy to "over think" our hobby.
[Reply]
nater 09:39 AM 02-22-2010
If I open a box to remove a smoke, I always try to go to the bottom of the box. Dont know why. Other then that, check for mold occasionally in the back/bottom. Never really considered an organized rotation...
[Reply]
Blindjimme 10:18 AM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:

- i will take the cigars that were on the top, in a dress box, and put them at the bottom, the bottom cigars at the top.

- i will remove all the bands on the cigars and put them back on (inspecting for mold under the band).

- in cabs, i will take all the cigars out, put them in the fridge for 1.5 days and then put them back in the cab.

- i will put all the boxes back in the humidor, but facing the opposite way they were facing originally. also, moving them down one shelf each (top shelf moves to middle, middle to bottom, bottom to top)

- the singles i took out of the drawer, i will put back in the drawer EXACTLY WHERE THEY WERE WHEN I TOOK THEM OUT. this is important.

Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
Nope.

Sometimes I think it's very easy to "over think" our hobby.
No.
[Reply]
shilala 10:23 AM 02-22-2010

Larry, I need you to put them pants back on and come over to my house. :-)
[Reply]
akumushi 10:40 AM 02-22-2010

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Darrell 10:44 AM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by Footbag:
For those who have boxes in their humidors, do you rotate your cigars? IE Take all the boxes out, and flip every cigar over exposing the opposite side to the air?
I've never heard of anyone doing that. If you do that you have WAY too much free time on your hands.
[Reply]
guado 11:19 AM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by Ratters:
I only rotate my cigars when they fall out of the humidor when I open the door.
That and having to beat my last level 47 of cigar box testrix because I KNOW there is a way I can fit ONE MORE BOX! :-)

Each individual cigar...no.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 12:00 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by Ferrari5180:
I will rarely rotate the cigars, however from time to time I will check if any cigars have beetles or mold. I do remember a friend of mine mentioning to me that I should rotate my cigars. I just never took the advice.
:-)
I don't really rotate in the box, but do check for mold beetles and any other problems every once in a while.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up