Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Napa Valley (Wine Country)
KidRock 04:34 PM 03-12-2012
Greetings All,

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted..for that life, work, graduate school, and personal life have been very busy. My lady friend and I wanted to go out to Napa Valley for a few days of fun. I was wondering what airport is the most convenient (we will be renting a car). I was just looking for advice on flying into, what winery to see and maybe a nice place to stay. I love the asylum. Keep smoking my friends.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 04:37 PM 03-12-2012
Hey, Bobarian! Where are you. He happens to live there and knows a thing or two.
[Reply]
Ratters 05:05 PM 03-12-2012
Are you sure the gf wouldn't rather just have a herf at Bob's house? Somebody could bring some wine by? :-)

I'd probably fly into Sacramento if I could, same distance as Oakland but less traffic and no bridges. I live a stone's throw from Napa and that's they airport I try to use.

Can't help you on the wineries, don't drink the stuff.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:36 PM 03-12-2012
Sacramento is the most convenient, but less flights so cost may be an issue. Oakland has a few more flights and is also about an hour away. San Francisco is about 80-90 minutes away but lots more flights so might be cheaper.

Wineries are everywhere. Are you looking for a nice tour, impressive winery or fantastic(read expensive) wine? What kind of wine do you like?

Hotels, in season are crazy expensive. Look for some deals on the net. Lots of B&B's if that is your pleasure.

Smoking is limited due to strict Cali laws. Bring smokes as there are only a couple of shops and high taxes. :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 09:19 PM 03-15-2012
Have a blast. I went last October. Absolutely gorgeous. I recommend Cliff Lede (I think Bob actually recommended that one), Salvestrin (folks at Cliff Lede referred us) and Merryvale.
[Reply]
Up