Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Asylum Prospectors
Poronico 05:23 PM 03-07-2012
Do we have any prospectors or hobbyists in the ward?

This is a hobby I am getting started in this season with the future father in law and I was wondering if we have anyone in the forum who has had some experience.
[Reply]
shilala 05:44 PM 03-07-2012
As in rooting for gold?
[Reply]
Mr B 05:46 PM 03-07-2012
Been gold prospecting for about a year and a half now. So much fun!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 06:03 PM 03-07-2012
There is a thread about finds. Some metal detector stuff in there but not prospecting specific. I dig through gold ore up in the gold country sometimes but never found anything good.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 07:00 PM 03-07-2012
I own a gold pan with ripples, and have panned in several states, but never really prospected. I don't live in an area with a history of gold, so I don't have opportunity without travel. I've thought of joining the GPAA or LDMA, but never carried thru. It's a activity I'd love to get deeper into, but I'd need some more equipment, starting with at least a portable sluice box!
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 07:04 PM 03-07-2012
crazy how this forum brings out all these people
[Reply]
Poronico 05:03 AM 03-08-2012
@scott, yes rooting for gold. I am stuck in the Pacific Northwest and the area not too far from me is prime for gold. We have all of the standard equipment and have built a sluice and I am going to be working on a "Blue bowl" in the next week or so. With gold at almost $1,700 an ounce it seems foolish not to hit the rivers and get a bit more fishing done this year. That's a lot of cigars lol
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 05:47 AM 03-08-2012
How far is Renton, WA from Bellingham? I live in the Bham area
[Reply]
Poronico 06:14 AM 03-08-2012
Your pretty far north... its takes me about an hour to get into Everett if that helps. I would imaging about 2.5-3 hours one way depending on traffic.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 05:54 AM 03-10-2012
I can usually get to Seattle in 2 hours or a little less depending on traffic.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 01:45 PM 03-10-2012
Does Washington state still have fairly restrictive laws about prospecting equipment (i.e. no power sluices, dredges or such)? I'm thinking I remember seeing that they were very limiting on what you could use to concentrate down your material. Am I remembering correctly?
[Reply]
Poronico 02:33 PM 03-10-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Does Washington state still have fairly restrictive laws about prospecting equipment (i.e. no power sluices, dredges or such)? I'm thinking I remember seeing that they were very limiting on what you could use to concentrate down your material. Am I remembering correctly?
Most of the regs are about salmon conservation, but I know it differs from Beaches to streams and dry panning.
[Reply]
Up