Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Romeo by Romeo y Julieta Torpedo
Catfish 11:06 AM 08-11-2012
DISCLAIMER: Following is a review submitted by a person with an admittedly un-sophisticated palate. I've never had a cigar that I can detect black cherry, cherrywood, aged vanilla, nutmeg or a hundred other subtle hints that some others may be able to pick out. Strong flavors: wood, cedar, earth, leather, barnyard, grass, coffee... I'm pretty good at. My rating scale is: I either like it or I don't.

So, humbly submitted for your perusal and indulgence, I offer the following.

Romeo by Romeo y Julieta torpedo.

Picked up from Edward's Pipe and Tobacco in Lakeland, Florida for $8.30.

In Brief: What a waste of money.

I could go on and on about the details of this cigar. Construction, heft, firmness, draw, burn, amount of smoke etc., etc., ad nauseum. All of these aspects were great and spot on to what I and I safely assume the vast majority of cigar smokers want from a cigar.

Pre-light draw is so mild my dislike for this cigar was almost a fore-drawn conclusion but I was determined to keep an open mind.

First 2/3: Boring. So light-bodied it's almost flavorless.

Last 1/3: Slight hint of creaminess. Other, undistinguishable flavors (again, the fault of the smoker) not strong enough to consider or even enjoy.

Got so bored with it, the last 2 in. got thrown into the old Stinky and left for dead.

Glad I tried it? Yep.
Worth the $? No way.
Will I try it again? No, unless it's a gift.

Pics unabashedly whored from another website. Credit to the original posters. :-)

[Reply]
Ogre 11:13 AM 08-11-2012
Thanks for the heads up brother. Will not be on my try list.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:09 PM 08-11-2012
Have not been a big fan of the RYJ stuff I have tried.
[Reply]
RHerrington 08:34 AM 08-13-2012
I've been on the fence with Romeo y Julieta's.. I'll steer clear of this one while I make up my mind on them. Thanks for the review
[Reply]
jluck 08:41 AM 08-13-2012
I gag looking at the band, I don't think I could make it to lighting up.

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
JPjr 08:54 AM 08-13-2012
Too bad, was looking forward to getting to some RyJ sticks - specifically this one. Thanks for the warning -
[Reply]
oooo35980 09:51 AM 08-13-2012
I'm glad I'm not the only one that hated the new ROMEOs. I didn't find the flavor lacking all that badly, although it was on the mild side, just what was there was bad, tasted weird and chemically.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:24 AM 08-13-2012
More Altadis generic CRAP!
[Reply]
OLS 01:34 PM 08-14-2012
It's what is known as the ongoing battle for shelf space. It is why you have to have 6 kinds of
Head and Shoulders shampoo, 62 flavors of Dannon Yogurt, etc. There are people on this board who
defend Altadis like a pitbull on pizza, but I don't have any use for em.
[Reply]
Up