Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>I'm going crazy!!!
fencefixer 09:14 PM 03-04-2012
Bishes I'm 6 foot tall and 155lbs I'll take an extra 40lbs any time of the day!
[Reply]
tengel78 09:18 PM 03-04-2012
Another advantage of quiting will be the all the extra money you will have now. I set the money aside for several months. It was amazing how much you'll save.
[Reply]
macsauce13 09:24 PM 03-04-2012
Just reading through. Keep it up! One of the biggest perks to quitting I haven't seen in this thread is the ability to taste things better. Thats gotta be an awesome feeling!
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 09:31 PM 03-04-2012
I hope it works out for you, my man. All cigs do is kill you.

Praying for ya, DC. You can do it!!
[Reply]
fencefixer 12:29 PM 03-13-2012
Today is the 13th day for me without smoking a cigarette - a great success afterall. When getting the urge to smoke I simply drink some juice and snack on salted/roasted peanuts.

I decided to smoke one of my favorite cigars today (Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970) and I have to say my palate is not the same anymore. Keep in mind I haven't had a cigar within this 13 day period either. All I could taste was the usual tobacco flavor, acidy/bitter leather and anise. Very strange indeed, I did not enjoy this smoke at all. Nevertheless I nubbed it. I'll probably try a milder smoke such as a 5 Vegas Gold and see where this leads.

I figured I'd give an update in this thread as quitting cigarettes definitely has an effect on the palate. For all you know, I might move from full bodied smokes to lighter ones or my palate could be temporarily whacked due to this change. We shall see.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for supporting me, I didn't expect this at all. It definitely had a positive psychological effect on me. Thank you!
[Reply]
shark 04:40 PM 03-13-2012
Get ready for the coughing up of crud...that's always a fun time! :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 05:04 PM 03-13-2012
If I remember right, when I quit cigs I laid off cigars too for 2-3 months. No real reason other than I wanted to purge my system of nicotine. When I did finally start smoking cigars again, I enjoyed them more. I know food sure started to taste better.

Keep it up, ya doing good! :-)

Originally Posted by fencefixer:
Today is the 13th day for me without smoking a cigarette - a great success afterall. When getting the urge to smoke I simply drink some juice and snack on salted/roasted peanuts.

I decided to smoke one of my favorite cigars today (Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970) and I have to say my palate is not the same anymore. Keep in mind I haven't had a cigar within this 13 day period either. All I could taste was the usual tobacco flavor, acidy/bitter leather and anise. Very strange indeed, I did not enjoy this smoke at all. Nevertheless I nubbed it. I'll probably try a milder smoke such as a 5 Vegas Gold and see where this leads.

I figured I'd give an update in this thread as quitting cigarettes definitely has an effect on the palate. For all you know, I might move from full bodied smokes to lighter ones or my palate could be temporarily whacked due to this change. We shall see.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for supporting me, I didn't expect this at all. It definitely had a positive psychological effect on me. Thank you!

[Reply]
Fredo456 05:14 PM 03-13-2012
Good job brother, Keep it up!
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:02 PM 03-13-2012
Great to hear of your success so far, DC! And I noticed your last post was a lot less...wanting to rip someone's head off-esque! :-) Seriously though, have you noticed an improvement with your mood compared to the first few days?
[Reply]
fencefixer 06:34 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Great to hear of your success so far, DC! And I noticed your last post was a lot less...wanting to rip someone's head off-esque! :-) Seriously though, have you noticed an improvement with your mood compared to the first few days?
I've been becoming much calmer but at the same time I seem to have a much shorter fuse as well. It almost seems as if my energy level degraded, too. Been needing a nap, etc. Ah, heck, maybe I'm just getting old.
[Reply]
Devanmc 06:35 PM 03-13-2012
Crap now I want my ecig. Which I'm trying to quit, after giving up cigs a few months ago.
[Reply]
jluck 07:33 PM 03-13-2012
Keep it up!:-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:52 PM 03-13-2012
Good work, DC! Sunflower seeds was what helped me. Boy were my lips chapped after 2 weeks of that.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 09:58 PM 03-13-2012
Congrats on almost 2 weeks without cigarettes, DC. I used Chantix when I quit a few years ago. It worked pretty well.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:52 AM 03-14-2012
13 days!!!! :-)

Um 14 Days!!!!!!! :-) you can do it brother! Hell, you ARE doing it!
[Reply]
Hem 05:02 AM 03-14-2012
Hell yea! This is great news, we are all cheering for you over here! You wanna be able to get old and grumpy(or grumpier lol) and be able to go on your front lawn in underwear and scream at kids! (unless you already do that) Plus your kid will be with his pops a lot longer!
[Reply]
shilala 06:47 AM 03-14-2012
Well done, DC!!! :-)
I was gonna try quitting chewing snuff last week. It lasted for about 15 minutes, I went batsh1t crazy. I've been dipping for about 35 years, I have no idea how I'll ever quit.
You definately have my sympathy. Keep it up!!! :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:49 AM 03-14-2012
Hang in there man!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up