Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Edgestar 28 just $99 in scratch & dent!
GodOfFire 09:31 AM 07-20-2011
I just called to check on mine, I was told it was going through an audit check to make sure it was functional and it should ship today. I'm looking forward to it. OK, so I need to order beads and shelves/drawers. So can someone give me the website or contact info to order each please.

Thanks,
Jackie
[Reply]
bonjing 09:41 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by GodOfFire:
I just called to check on mine, I was told it was going through an audit check to make sure it was functional and it should ship today. I'm looking forward to it. OK, so I need to order beads and shelves/drawers. So can someone give me the website or contact info to order each please.

Thanks,
Jackie
Shelves, the guy that started this thread Golfnut: http://www.wineadors.com/

Beads take your pick, in no particular order:

Cigarnut: http://www.shilalasbeads.com/

Heartfelt: http://heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14

Cigarmony: http://www.cigarmony.com/
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:28 AM 07-20-2011
Use code CA2011 at www.cigarmony.com for 5% off.
[Reply]
GodOfFire 10:54 AM 07-20-2011
Placed a call to Forrest and 2 lbs on Shiala Beads on order. I have another question, does anyone use a remote hydrometer (spelling?). I have been using one but it's no longer made and I'm in the market for a new one. Basically the base sits on my office desk and the other part is in the humidor or will be in the winedor.
[Reply]
pektel 10:58 AM 07-20-2011
That wireless hygro sounds pretty sweet! I'd love to buy one too!

I just called on mine as well. They are supposed to give me a call back shortly. They said it has been in the warehouse for a while, but they just switched locations of where they ship S&D stuff, so maybe there is a processing issue. Hopefully it ships today, as I'm getting rather excited for it to show up!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:29 AM 07-20-2011
If I am seeing this correctly for about $300 I could buy:

-Edgestar 28
-Humidity Beads
-Cedar drawer system
-Cedar shelf
-2 Digital hygromters

and this should cover everything I would need to make a winedor?
[Reply]
Drez 11:40 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

-Edgestar 28
-Humidity Beads
-Cedar drawer system
-Cedar shelf
-2 Digital hygromters

Yup. Just add cigars and your good to go.
[Reply]
kydsid 11:41 AM 07-20-2011
:-)
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

-Edgestar 28
-Humidity Beads
-Cedar drawer system
-Cedar shelf
-2 Digital hygromters

Yes, but you don't have to spend $300 on even that if you look about. Just depends if you really want drawers or not. I have one with 5 draws and a shelf and another with just a shelf. The latter is all boxes. Both do their job perfectly.

The only real requirement is the wine cooler and beads, the rest is fluff.
[Reply]
AtlantaDave 12:07 PM 07-20-2011
Placed a call to Forrest and 2 lbs on Shiala Beads on order. I have another question, does anyone use a remote hydrometer (spelling?). I have been using one but it's no longer made and I'm in the market for a new one. Basically the base sits on my office desk and the other part is in the humidor or will be in the winedor.

I bought a wireless Meade TM005X-M from Amazon and it's been working great.
[Reply]
GodOfFire 03:06 PM 07-20-2011
Beads ordered, now an order of drawers ordered from Forrest... sweet I'm excited.

Oh and got confirmation that my Edgestar is enroute.
[Reply]
AtlantaDave 04:41 PM 07-22-2011
Got mine in today. Quick shipping - I ordered it on Tuesday.

The back is slightly dented, the front door has very minor scratches. The handle, screws and racks were all included. I have it plugged in right now to see if it will hold the RH.

This is my second Edgestar and I'm going to use this to store my boxes only while my first will hold my loose ones.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Tyler 05:06 PM 07-22-2011
Sounds good Dave. I will probably pick one up when I get married next year and we move into an apartment. For some reason my girlfriend doesn't like my big red cooler. :-) :-)

This would be a much better looking setup. Do other guys do the drawers/shelves etc.? I thought I saw that Waxing Moon Humidors had some? I could be mistaken though.
[Reply]
GodOfFire 05:32 PM 07-22-2011
Mine came today, it defintiely is dent and scratch with a big dent on the back and it affected the top left corner. But it appears to be working just fine therefore I'm satisfied. The front of it is perfect.
[Reply]
Tyler 05:34 PM 07-22-2011
Mine came today, it defintiely is dent and scratch with a big dent on the back and it affected the top left corner. But it appears to be working just fine therefore I'm satisfied. The front of it is perfect.
That is what I hope mine looks like if I order one. I could care less about the back but the front needs to look representable atleast to the quick glance as I will want to have it in a public area of the house. I am glad you are satisfied with it. :-)
[Reply]
jesseboston81 05:37 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by Wallbright:
I thought I saw that Waxing Moon Humidors had some? I could be mistaken though.
When you purchase drawers, get in touch with Forrest (GolfNut) here on the forums. I bought my drawers from him and they were fairly priced, perfectly made, and done quickly. I couldn't have been happier, and if I ever order more drawers or shelves it will be from him. Plus, he can work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want. Check this thread to see a bunch of his work.
[Reply]
Tyler 05:39 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
When you purchase drawers, get in touch with Forrest (GolfNut) here on the forums. I bought my drawers from him and they were fairly priced, perfectly made, and done quickly. I couldn't have been happier, and if I ever order more drawers or shelves it will be from him. Plus, he can work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want. Check this thread to see a bunch of his work.
I'll check it out. Thanks bro. :-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 09:38 PM 07-22-2011
Thats my last step. I need to get in touch with forrest to get some ideas worked out. I want to store boxes and singles so some drawer shelf combo type thing.
[Reply]
OLS 02:52 PM 07-24-2011
DAMN YOU GUYS, DAMN YOU ALL....I told you I didn't need one and I meant it. But when I told MYSELF,
all I got in response was a credit card number. bastards. How come they call it a 28, it looks like it holds 24?
[Reply]
Bill86 04:49 PM 07-24-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
DAMN YOU GUYS, DAMN YOU ALL....I told you I didn't need one and I meant it. But when I told MYSELF,
all I got in response was a credit card number. bastards. How come they call it a 28, it looks like it holds 24?
I'm assuming you could place bottles below the first shelf?

Merely a guess, I don't drink wine and didn't place the metal shelves in mine.
[Reply]
OLS 06:58 PM 07-24-2011
I am gonna use the bottom shelf to keep my boxes out of any moisture that might accumulate, and it's all Tetris from there.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up