Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Starting to have issues with the Vino's RH lately....
shilala 09:34 AM 07-23-2011
Ahh, I see you didn't have your drain plugged. There's your leak. Plug it up right, you need to anyways. Otherwise you'll forget. :-)
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:28 AM 07-23-2011
The drain is plugged, sorry if I mislead you haha. I have made a troft from the back of the vino ( where its molded to funnel the water to the drain ) into a tray that I have beads in. It just seems that there is too much water settling in the tray... So, I think I'll need a bigger fan in there possibly
[Reply]
Weelok 11:57 AM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
Just an update. I found out what the issue was.. the drain. haha So I got that all fixed up and added a nicely small PC fan and the RH is nice now.
Hah you beat me to it. Plug the drain but good. I also put some cloth on the bottom to catch water and plumbed in a computer five inch fan to blow air across the cloth to try and circulate the humidity.

I can post some pics if you have questions. I wired the fan in parallel with the fan over the cool plate in the back.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 12:26 PM 07-23-2011
No I got you, I think thtas what Im going to have to do... I have a small on in there now because I didnt think i needed one THAT big, but I guess I do.
[Reply]
pakrat 12:39 PM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
It just seems that there is too much water settling in the tray...
What kind of temps is it holding. If the unit has to cycle on too often it will cause the moisture to condense faster than the beads can absorb it.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 12:42 PM 07-23-2011
yeah, Im sure it is running more and more. Its hot here today and has been for the past week, around 99-110. And it is stored in the upstairs. Its not hot where its stored, just a tad hotter than the vinos internal temp. The thing that sucks, is I cant store it anywhere else.
[Reply]
designwise1 12:07 AM 07-24-2011
Hopefully this will be of help to someone.

I've been running my wineador for a week now with 65 beads (drain is plugged). The RH on two hydros read between 45 and 50. It would rise to 60 if I opened the door for a minute. Today I unplugged it. Current RH? 68.

That's it. I'm running without power until further notice.
[Reply]
Weelok 12:30 AM 07-24-2011
Yeah they are tricky. In my experience if your cooler is trying to cool more then 10 degrees below room temp the cooler will be on quite a bit which will dry out the air due to condensation.

So in summer I keep the ac beteen 74 and 77 which means the cooler is 64 to 67. I also use 70% beads which seem to work better here in Sacramento which can be dry in Summer. The condensation will out pace absorption so I have to drain the cloth on the bottom periodically.

Obviously not a maintenance free storage method hah.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up