Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Heading to Disney in a few weeks Need ideas
czerbe 12:21 PM 01-19-2015
I haven't been to Disney in 14 years so I'm wondering if I can smoke there? Do they have Cigar Shops (doubt it) can I smoke at the hotel? I'm taking my family there for vacation but I would love to be able to have a cigar at the end of each day? I'll be there for the first full week of Feb. any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:54 PM 01-19-2015
I am assuming that you are referring to Disney World.

There is one cigar shop on property -- Sosa Cigars in Downtown Disney. Good selection, but pricey; they have a custom roller on the weekends. If you have a car, you can drive to Corona Cigars in Orlando; if you do not have a car forget it as the cab fare is high.

All the hotels have a small humidor in their sundries shop. The cigars are from well-known manufacturers, but the storage is hit-or-miss, and the employees have little to no cigar knowledge.

You cannot smoke near your room (e.g., balcony, etc.) but they have plenty of smoking areas at all the resorts and parks. Make sure to pick up maps for each park and resort to find the smoking areas. You can smoke almost anywhere outside at the resorts as long as you are not near rooms or eating areas.

I like to walk around the board walk in the evening with a cigar; nice long walk around the "lake" with lots of stuff to see.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:05 PM 01-19-2015
What Michael said, I was there a couple of years ago (first time in like 25 years I was back home in FL), a lot of smoking areas for hotels and resorts, the one at the French Quarter was a nice garden with New Orleans inspired water fountains and pounds, it was really relaxing.

A lot of brothers live out that way, might be worth posting in the herf thread and trying to set up an meet to share a cigar with some other CA folk. :-)

Enjoy your trip!

Edit: oh and if you do have a car ... fat boys' bbq in kissimmee is :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
dijit 01:34 PM 01-19-2015
Michael pretty much hit the nail on the head. We go almost every year. Our resort is pretty forgiving of smoking but still not within "20" ft of rooms or indoor areas. Sosa on the boardwalk at downtown Disney used to be Dunhill at downtown Disney. They changed up the inventory but kept the prices. However last time I was there went on a Sat and the Sosa Family was there. I bought a box of their #2 and got a box of the limited edition 3rd harvest. They told me they are there a few times a year. I can try to see if they will be there around that time maybe you can meet them.
[Reply]
Black Coral 01:41 PM 01-19-2015
When we usually have people visit lets plan one night typically friday and get the Orlando crew out.

I grab drinks at house of blues and sit outdoors to smoke now when I get stuck going to disney and need a smoke.

Let us know when lets grab a smoke!
[Reply]
czerbe 01:48 PM 01-19-2015
Yes I meant Disney World Thanks for that. I totally forgot about Downtown Disney, I will have to check that out. We are flying so we wont have a car but I'll have to about cab fare to the nearest B&M plus who knows how much time I will actually get to myself. But it would be great to meet up with some other brothers.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:10 PM 01-19-2015
If you are staying in the park (or really anywhere around it outside) there is transportation to Downtown Disney from each resort, buses and in some cases such as the French Quarter you can actually take a boat do DD.
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:25 PM 01-19-2015
Cab fare from WDW to Orlando is really expensive -- expect ~ $100 round trip.
[Reply]
czerbe 06:57 AM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Cab fare from WDW to Orlando is really expensive -- expect ~ $100 round trip.

:-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:56 AM 01-20-2015
It's best to have a car.
There are so many things to do away from Disney, like the beach, restaurants, Universal Studios, ball parks, Sea World, Discovery Cove (the coolest place on earth) the list goes on forever.
When you're in the park just use the buses. They're awesome.

My kids aren't very theme-parky. They like a condo and a pool and a jacuzzi and the beach a lot more than Disney, so a car is a must.
By not staying at Disney we save a fortune, too. Way more than enough to pay for the car and anything else we want to do.
[Reply]
jledou 05:34 AM 01-21-2015
There is Sosa in Downtown butting getting time away to get there and back every night might be a stretch if you want to keep the wife happy.
We ended up at the parks or at the resort pools until midnight almost every night. The girls then wanted to sleep in the mornings so I would use this time to enjoy coffee and cigar in the mornings (the resorts are not hopping between 6-7) and the weather was nice and cool.
Have fun and enjoy the kids, you will have the most fun watching them.
[Reply]
wdwkelly 05:18 PM 02-12-2015
I am a self proclaimed WDW/DL expert. There are smoking areas all over...just look for them. I wouldn't waste a cigar in the parks. Enjoy one late night at the resort you are staying at. Especially on property resorts.
[Reply]
ksknnr 11:43 AM 04-17-2015
Corey, how was your trip, did you end up finding a place to have a cigar? Where did you stay? I am heading to Disney next week.
[Reply]
badbriar 02:08 PM 04-17-2015
A word of advice to you all visiting Disney World... be cautions in choosing where you stay if you decide to stay in Kissimmee. Do your homework and research the safest places to stay. Disney is a lot of fun and quite safe. Some places / areas in Kissimmee are not quite so. For the cigar enthusiast in the family, Coronas is a veritable candy store for cigars! Was told that they boast nearly a million cigars. Sandlake store is by far the largest and closest to WDW.
[Reply]
ksknnr 06:14 AM 04-22-2015
Thanks Rob, I am staying in the park at Caribbean Beach Resort. I think I may take an Uber over to corona one night once the kids, and wife go to sleep.
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:57 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by ksknnr:
Thanks Rob, I am staying in the park at Caribbean Beach Resort. I think I may take an Uber over to corona one night once the kids, and wife go to sleep.
Please follow-up and let us know how much Uber charges for the trip to Corona.

Caribbean Beach is a very nice resort -- you should have a great time!
[Reply]
Dave128 07:45 AM 04-22-2015
I stayed at the CBR in 1988. I hope it's been updated since then.
[Reply]
ksknnr 07:51 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Dave128:
I stayed at the CBR in 1988. I hope it's been updated since then.
I hope so too, 27 years is a while not to update
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:20 AM 04-22-2015
Eat at Fat Boys' BBQ in Kissimmee, get the baked beans and dip your bread in them, trust me you will thank me.
[Reply]
jledou 11:45 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by ksknnr:
I hope so too, 27 years is a while not to update
We stayed there last year and in 2009. Not much changed in between but you really are not there to spend time in your room.
The resort pools are great for the kids for down time from the parks. They had enough of the water slide at the pool to allow us to skip the water parks at Disney (and we have a water park here in KC they go to).
I enjoyed coffee and a cigar every morning in the courtyard before everyone woke.
Have fun and hopefully the weather is nice for you.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up