Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Ronson Jetlight
captain53 06:13 PM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
My local B&M carries it too... but the single can cost is like $15... So I'd rather get two from CI for less lol.
Damn - the B&M here at the lake is not famous for low prices but I just looked and the sticker on my can says $7.95. Hate to think what you pay for cigars there!:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 06:29 PM 09-19-2010
Vector is also available at Williams Sonoma stores for about $6-7 a can.
[Reply]
dwoodward 06:39 PM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
Damn - the B&M here at the lake is not famous for low prices but I just looked and the sticker on my can says $7.95. Hate to think what you pay for cigars there!:-)
It's a usually about 200%+ markup on MRSP on all the cigars they carry. I can get everything waaaay cheaper online.
[Reply]
PCR 06:52 PM 09-19-2010
Ronson update: I took all four lighters out to the shop, gave the burner area a blast with air from my compressor. Purged, refilled w/Ronson fuel (it's what I have now before the Vector gets here). So far I am getting a nice flame, not screaming strong but enough to toast the foot and light up. Thanks guys for your input and help, I appreciate it. :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:28 PM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I bought a 4 pack of Vector cans 4 years ago, and I think I have over 2 1/2 cans left. :-)
I have a bad habit of touching up even the slightest burn imperfection as well as often forgetting I'm smoking causing constant relights. I can easily drain a lighter in a night or two. Then there is my table lighter which holds a damn near half can.
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:37 AM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by PCR:
Ronson update: I took all four lighters out to the shop, gave the burner area a blast with air from my compressor. Purged, refilled w/Ronson fuel (it's what I have now before the Vector gets here). So far I am getting a nice flame, not screaming strong but enough to toast the foot and light up. Thanks guys for your input and help, I appreciate it. :-)
There is a little screw on the bottom you can turn to adjust the flame. :-)
[Reply]
PCR 06:20 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
There is a little screw on the bottom you can turn to adjust the flame. :-)
I know that but it's still a marginal flame. No worries.
[Reply]
itzfrank 06:41 PM 09-20-2010
Ronson makes a weak flame now because this guy has a lawsuit with them.

[Reply]
PCR 06:59 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
Ronson makes a weak flame now because this guy has a lawsuit with them.

:-)
[Reply]
RustyShackleford 07:01 PM 09-20-2010
I have come to like the light flame. Sure it may take a little longer to light the cigar but at least I don't kill the cigar like with some other lighters.

I'll sometimes shed a tear when some of my friends burn the hell out of their cigars :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 07:16 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179

Great lighters. About $2 each delivered, when you buy 3
Best lighters ever, plus they hold a bunch of fuel. That said both Ronsons I've had work great and continue to work great. I fill them with Vector though. Actually just picked up a couple new ronsons cause they had them at Walmart. But the Guang Da is the shiznit. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 07:40 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
Hate to think what you pay for cigars there!:-)
I like deals myself, BUT REMEMBER how much better America worked when a man
could still get a fair but high price for goods and services in this country. Now everything is
deal deal deal, that's too high, F that guy, his prices are double what I pay the chinese to
send me $hitbag product X. That's where all the jobs went, people just can't survive in the
new world economy. I know I NEVER buy cigars that are not onsale and never at a B and M.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:50 PM 09-20-2010
I know that but it's still a marginal flame. No worries.
I've noticed the flme is stronger when I use higher grade fuel so maybe once you use up what you have and get Vector, Lava, etc. then it will improve.

Originally Posted by OLS:
could still get a fair but high price for goods and services in this country. Now everything is
deal deal deal, that's too high, F that guy, his prices are double what I pay the chinese to
send me $hitbag product X. That's where all the jobs went, people just can't survive in the
new world economy. I know I NEVER buy cigars that are not onsale and never at a B and M.
But wasn't it our forefather Franklin who said "A penny saved is a penny earned" ?
[Reply]
mobarbq 10:36 PM 09-20-2010
When I was out having my nightly cigar earlier, I was wondering about the screw on the bottom of the lighter, with the Phillips head. I couldn't find my small screwdriver, so someone here please tell me and satisfy my curiosity, what does the small screw uncover if you remove it?
[Reply]
bobarian 10:39 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by mobarbq:
When I was out having my nightly cigar earlier, I was wondering about the screw on the bottom of the lighter, with the Phillips head. I couldn't find my small screwdriver, so someone here please tell me and satisfy my curiosity, what does the small screw uncover if you remove it?
Removing the small screw will allow you to take the innards out of the case. :-)
[Reply]
PCR 12:13 AM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
+1 brother.
[Reply]
PCR 07:04 PM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
PCR. where did you get the lighters? I cannot seem to find any in Seattle.
Check your mailbox, hopefully tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 08:50 PM 09-21-2010
Check your mailbox, hopefully tomorrow. :-)
Rock on Brother thank you very much. I will not be back home till Friday, will post pix when I got it.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:14 PM 09-21-2010
Mine is going on three years old now. I had to force the flame screw higher, past some kind of stop (I felt it break). It works great. I use some kind of triple refined fluid and every time I refill it I make sure it sprays fluid out if I press on the valve with screwdriver tip or something. This means there is no air trapped inside. Cheap butane doesn't work in it.
[Reply]
South Shield 11:41 PM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Best lighters ever, plus they hold a bunch of fuel. That said both Ronsons I've had work great and continue to work great. I fill them with Vector though. Actually just picked up a couple new ronsons cause they had them at Walmart. But the Guang Da is the shiznit. :-)
YES! Just picked up 5 of those..
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up