Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Kinky Friedman Kinkster churchill
Don Fernando 04:38 AM 02-13-2010
I don't know where I got this cigar from or who gave it to me, but it got my eye when I was looking at my collection the other day, so I decided to smoke this 7 x 50 Churchill. The Kinkster is Kinky Friendman's budget bundle and 20 of these Churchills go for 60 dollars on his website. The cigars have Dominican filler, a Nicaraguan binder and an Ecuadorian Connecticut shade wrapper. The cigar was packed in cellophane.

The cigar has a strong aroma of straw and wood. The wrapper is smooth and silky, but still looks unattractive due to the pale color. The cigar feels soft and is probably underfilled as the predraw was pretty loose. I could taste a bit of wood with the predraw.

Once I lit the cigar I could taste some coffee and wood. The flavors are a bit musty and give me a bit of a burning sensation on my tongue for a little while. The coffee disappears after a few puffs and the burning sensation disappears after an inch. All I can taste is musty wood.

Halfway I get a strong ash flavor with again the musty wood. At 2/3rd the cigar also gets a grassy flavor with the ash. The wood is gone, but the mustiness still remains. The burning sensation is back again.

I get a poor amount of very thin smoke and had lots of burn issues. The draw was on the loose side. The ash was light gray and reasonably firm.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I got one word for this cigar: BLEGH.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 6 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 5 / 10
Smoke & ash: 5 / 10
Aroma first part: 5 / 10
Aroma second part: 5 / 10
Aroma third part: 5 / 10
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:59 AM 02-13-2010
Nothing like a bad cigar eh Ferdinand? Thanks for the warning :-)
[Reply]
Aldebaran 09:02 AM 02-13-2010
I'm having trouble looking up blegh in the dictionary. It much be the dutch word for :-)

You have some of the best reviews on the website.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:15 AM 02-13-2010
Originally Posted by Aldebaran:
I'm having trouble looking up blegh in the dictionary. It much be the dutch word for :-)
indeed

Originally Posted by :

You have some of the best reviews on the website.
thank you. All my reviews (first one I wrote in april 2007) are on my blog www.cigarguide.org
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:30 AM 02-13-2010
Thanks for the reivew Ferdie. The good thing about smoking a bad cigar is the next one you smoke will be that much better.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:23 AM 02-13-2010
Thanks for the review:-)
[Reply]
G G 12:53 PM 02-13-2010
Nice review Ferdie.:-)
[Reply]
Up