Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 111
« First < 2101112 13142262 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
Guitarman-S.T- 05:36 PM 02-23-2010
Damn good!
only had the Milk Stout- and the Paulaner from that selection!
CHEERS!
[Reply]
BlackDog 06:31 PM 02-23-2010
Good haul Smokey. I've never had the LH Maibock, but the others are all top notch.
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 06:55 PM 02-23-2010
I havent had the Milk Stout yet...Im waiting for a night where Im not half in the bag already. Im having a Paulainer right now. Ive been craving Hefeweizens lately
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 07:17 PM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
I havent had the Milk Stout yet...Im waiting for a night where Im not half in the bag already. Im having a Paulainer right now. Ive been craving Hefeweizens lately
Same here on the hefe- But I am trying to hold off till the summer... Must.. Wait:-)
[Reply]
Wanger 07:02 AM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
Thanks man! all thanks to you :-)
I was really surprised with the total price, Very pleased and could easily see my self making a stop up to Burnsville every money or two, Keep me posted when and where we could meet up for a smoke or a pint:-)
Nice Haul, Sam!!! Let me know, too! I'd be down for that!!! Give me a call or send me a text next time you head up this way.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 07:11 AM 02-24-2010
You got it!- I hope that would come sooner rather than later but will have to wait till the funds are there for another stockpile
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:03 PM 02-28-2010
Picked up a few packs on Friday. Might have to crack a few open for the game today.
Ale Asylum Ballistic IPA
Ale Asylum Mercy Belgian Grand Cru
Lake Louie Warped Speed Scotch Ale
[Reply]
cort 12:13 PM 02-28-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Picked up a few packs on Friday. Might have to crack a few open for the game today.
Ale Asylum Ballistic IPA
Looking good Dave. Let us know how they are:-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:19 PM 02-28-2010
Originally Posted by Cort:
Looking good Dave. Let us know how they are:-)
Nothing new to me so I can they are great! :-)
[Reply]
cort 12:24 PM 02-28-2010
Nothing new to me so I can they are great! :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:32 AM 03-04-2010
Stopped at the beer store this morning. I was just planning to pick up a 12 pack of a nice sessionable beer since I've got lots (too much?) of high abv specialty brews. But I saw this and had to buy it. I think this may be the first "really hard to find" beer that I've purchased. Cost $19 with tax, so I blew my beer budget for the week and don't still have much in the way of sessionable brews. :-)

[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 04:21 PM 03-04-2010
Explain :-)
I have never seen that around... Keep us posted when you crack a bottle =]
[Reply]
BlackDog 05:49 PM 03-04-2010
Nemesis is a once per year brew done by Founders, this year being the first. Each year it will be a unique release. I understand that there were only 4 barrels made. It was due out in December, but they decided it needed more time in the barrels, so they delayed the release until February. I've got a cold, so I'm going to wait until I have my full sense of taste back before I open one.

Founders Description:

The 2009 release of Nemesis is best described as a Maple Bourbon barrel aged wheat wine holding 12.% abv and 70 ibu's. The barrels have been resting deep in the mines of Grand Rapids for nearly 9 months and have been most effective in developing a great product.

The Bourbon barrels we used in this creation were once used to age Maple syrup from northern Michigan, then emptied, and procured for our use in ageing this beer. The combination of American oak, Kentucky Bourbon, Michigan Maple syrup and our golden/tan wheat ale has provided a delicious malty sweet ale distinctive of strong vanilla and bourbon notes.

Here is a nice article and a very cool video down in the caves.

http://www.mlive.com/kalamabrew/inde...meet_your.html
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 06:09 PM 03-04-2010
Stopped and picked up four bottles on the way home.

2x Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
2x Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout

Get the Goose Island while ya can fellas, my dude said orders are no longer being filled and he doesn't expect to get his last one delivered tomorrow.
[Reply]
gvarsity 07:01 PM 03-04-2010
Ale Asylum Ballistic IPA
Great selection. I feel fortunate at the number of excellent micro-brews available here in Wi. Lake Louie is one of the best and almost no one out of Wi has access. I have been drinking the Ale Asylum hopalicious lately.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 09:38 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Stopped and picked up four bottles on the way home.

2x Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
2x Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout

Get the Goose Island while ya can fellas, my dude said orders are no longer being filled and he doesn't expect to get his last one delivered tomorrow.
All local shops are already sold out!!!!
-BOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
croatan 08:39 AM 03-05-2010
Picking up a keg of Real Ale Phoenixx Double ESB tonight after work. Thanks to a good friend, I'll be getting the only non-retail keg in the region. Pretty excited about this one :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 02:55 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
Picking up a keg of Real Ale Phoenixx Double ESB tonight after work. Thanks to a good friend, I'll be getting the only non-retail keg in the region. Pretty excited about this one :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Blindjimme 02:18 PM 03-06-2010
Picked up on Friday. Sixers- Dogfish Head 60 Minute, SN Glissade, Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA, Lagunitas IPA and SN Pale Ale.
Bottles are He Brew 13th Jewbelation Bar Mitzvah, Left Coast Hop Juice Double IPA and Stone Ruination IPA. :-)

[Reply]
BlackDog 04:49 PM 03-06-2010
Nice haulJimme! When is the herf? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 12 of 111
« First < 2101112 13142262 > Last »
Up