Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 350
« First < 678 9101858108 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
zemekone 07:50 PM 10-28-2008
2 days ago i was gonna do 10 sets of 10 deadlifting 225lbs...

i did 7 sets, and sed fcuk! 30 more!?! so i strapped in and killed it for 30 :-)

today i squated 10 sets 10 @ 225...
Sancho 08:12 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
hmm...Thats a tough one, the only thing I could think of would be like reverse curls, with your palms down, hammer curls with your palms facing each other, and maybe some tricep work, like tri pulldowns. We have 1 guy on our team who torn his UCL last spring and had tommy john, he has a brace that he lifts in that allows only a certain range of motion, im not sure if its adjustable, but that might help protect it. I believe it is a don joy
Awesome call on the Hammer curls and the reverse curls, those worked out great tonight! No pain and a full series at 50lbs. Figured I'd give them a try even though I did upper body yesterday, ended with a good back workout although nothing as hard core as Hulk-Hog3
DavenportESQ 08:13 PM 10-28-2008
Gerry nice beast work session! You guys are making me feel like a lazy $%&* sitting around doing nothing. I felt so worthless, I took a shower and cleaned my room and was out of breath. Pneumonia Sucks ass
DavenportESQ 08:13 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by Sancho:
Awesome call on the Hammer curls and the reverse curls, those worked out great tonight! No pain and a full series at 50lbs. Figured I'd give them a try even though I did upper body yesterday, ended with a good back workout although nothing as hard core as Hulk-Hog3
Glad to help bro!
King James 08:19 PM 10-28-2008
white flood came in today...will use it first time tomorrow. How many scoops can I do? 2? 3?
icehog3 10:12 PM 10-28-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
white flood came in today...will use it first time tomorrow. How many scoops can I do? 2? 3?
I do 2 at a minimum, and hit 4 on my heavy days...I would start with 2 at your size, Jim.
The Professor 04:31 AM 10-29-2008
:-)

yup -- start with the regular dose and you can play around with more later. the beta alanine really hits me in this stuff ... feels like a blanket of needles covering my face and sometimes my chest and/or back. that probably doesn't sound appealing; but it's awesome.

enjoy, James!

Just cardio for Dokk today.
King James 06:15 AM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would start with 2
sounds good, see how the stuff works.... Bigger test will be Friday as wednesdays I don't do too many lifts.
Genetic Defect 02:17 PM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by The Professor:

yup -- start with the regular dose and you can play around with more later. the beta alanine really hits me in this stuff ... feels like a blanket of needles covering my face and sometimes my chest and/or back. that probably doesn't sound appealing; but it's awesome.

enjoy, James!

Just cardio for Dokk today.
:-):-)
icehog3 03:47 PM 10-29-2008
Looking forward to Jim's review of his first day on WF....
Genetic Defect 05:52 PM 10-29-2008
I think they spotted him in Ky:-)
King James 06:54 PM 10-29-2008
I had a really good start. started w/ shoulder press on barbell and after warmup did 5 @ 205 and then another 5 @ 225. Did a few sets of 8 @ 185 and my shoulder started to hurt. Was really starting to hurt doing anything using shoulder so I decided to throw on ice and call it quits. I did 2 scoops today. I dunno how it worked, I felt good doing shoulder press, but if it is supposed to make you feel "pumped" or anything I didn't really get that today....at least not too severely. Maybe I should try 3 scoops?
Genetic Defect 06:58 PM 10-29-2008
I had a really good start. started w/ shoulder press on barbell and after warmup did 5 @ 205 and then another 5 @ 225. Did a few sets of 8 @ 185 and my shoulder started to hurt. Was really starting to hurt doing anything using shoulder so I decided to throw on ice and call it quits. I did 2 scoops today. I dunno how it worked, I felt good doing shoulder press, but if it is supposed to make you feel "pumped" or anything I didn't really get that today....at least not too severely. Maybe I should try 3 scoops?
3 scoops would be good, your around 300lbs right? but first take care of your shoulder. I don't get the tingling from it either I do from PW though:-)
DavenportESQ 10:49 PM 10-29-2008
Do any of you guys do anything weird for recovery?

A good friend of mine was a world class athlete, and was always traveling. We'll he told me on one trip to Europe they gave him one of those night masks to sleep with. He said ever since then he wears one when he sleeps and believes he sleeps better, and in turn recovers faster and more effectively. He also sleeps with ear plugs!

Anyone else do stuff like this?
The Professor 04:40 AM 10-30-2008
Does popping an ambien count? :-)

King James 08:14 AM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
3 scoops would be good, your around 300lbs right? but first take care of your shoulder. I don't get the tingling from it either I do from PW though:-)
280-285 so yah pretty close. Maybe try 1-2 more days with only 2 scoops then bump it up
Genetic Defect 02:51 PM 10-30-2008
280-285 so yah pretty close. Maybe try 1-2 more days with only 2 scoops then bump it up
keep us posted :-)
Sanitariumite 10:43 PM 10-30-2008
Good evening fellas. I was planning on hitting Back/Abs tonight, but after an awesome dinner of some extra hot Phad Thai, I'm not sure my digestive tract will be too happy with me if I go. I took some pepto a bout ten minutes ago, so I'm hoping it's all good within the next hour or so.

I'm down below 240lbs (238 now) for the first time in probably 5-6 years and I've never felt better. I ran a 9:15 mile on Monday, and that's a significant personal best (Especially considering the 14:00 miles I used to crank out in middle/high school). This whole gym/diet thing is really starting to pay off, and I'm really starting to see some changes.

A buddy of mine had the idea of taking a picture of myself in front of a mirror every Friday so I can see the changes from week to week, so tomorrow will be my second photo-op.

I'll probably end up hitting the weights regardless tonight, so I'm sure I'll be back soon.
icehog3 10:50 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
Good evening fellas. I was planning on hitting Back/Abs tonight, but after an awesome dinner of some extra hot Phad Thai, I'm not sure my digestive tract will be too happy with me if I go. I took some pepto a bout ten minutes ago, so I'm hoping it's all good within the next hour or so.

I'm down below 240lbs (238 now) for the first time in probably 5-6 years and I've never felt better. I ran a 9:15 mile on Monday, and that's a significant personal best (Especially considering the 14:00 miles I used to crank out in middle/high school). This whole gym/diet thing is really starting to pay off, and I'm really starting to see some changes.

A buddy of mine had the idea of taking a picture of myself in front of a mirror every Friday so I can see the changes from week to week, so tomorrow will be my second photo-op.

I'll probably end up hitting the weights regardless tonight, so I'm sure I'll be back soon.
Kick ass, Adam, great job! :-)

I usually eat hot Pad Thai before my hockey games, gices me a boatload of energy!
The Professor 06:16 AM 10-31-2008
It's probably a bad sign when my right shoulder won't let me do more than 6 reps of 90lb warmup bench presses without giving out, eh? :-)

I think I need to get in to the chiro finally. Something in my upper back has been out for a couple of weeks now and it's efing up my shoulder in the process.

Dokk no likey. :-)
Page 8 of 350
« First < 678 9101858108 > Last »
Up