Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Sports>College Football Countdown!
Pass 06:43 AM 08-03-2010
32 days until the SEC unleashes hell once again.

More specifically the Arkansas Razorbacks! We've got most of our starting line up returning, one helluva QB in Mallet (if he's settled down and worked on his footwork), and a great receiving corps. The only thing missing last year was a defense. However, we've added some fresh faces in key positions and word from the camp is that the D has improved dramatically. If they have... combined with our offense... Get ready for a bruising!

32 more days.... Just 32 more!
[Reply]
TripleF 06:58 AM 08-03-2010
I do love me some college football. yessuh!! :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:00 AM 08-03-2010
Lets hope the Cincinnati Bearcats can win again like they did last year :-)

Oh yeah, I hope Ohio State does well also! :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 07:13 AM 08-03-2010
I really have no favorites, maybe Penn State as a sentimental favorite that dates back to when I was 8.....40 years ago, but other than that I just love the heart and soul of college football. I just love it. I'vepretty much abandoned the NFL.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:14 AM 08-03-2010
I am as excited about the upcoming season as any in a long time. While I know that lots of things will have to fall in place for us to have a super record at the end of the year, I think we are going to be really entertaining to watch. Go Gators!!!
[Reply]
Pass 07:39 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by TripleF:
I just love the heart and soul of college football. I just love it. I'vepretty much abandoned the NFL.
Same here, brother! The greatest game play happens on the college field nowadays... and I'm sick of all of the player melodrama in the NFL. There's just something more pure about college ball. They're just out there to win, they're not focusing on a TD bonus check or contract renewals and how much money they're worth. No, these kids are out there playing for their spot on the roster and for the big W.

...God I love college football!

PS: Wooooooo Pig Sooieeeeeee!
[Reply]
Pass 07:46 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I am as excited about the upcoming season as any in a long time. While I know that lots of things will have to fall in place for us to have a super record at the end of the year, I think we are going to be really entertaining to watch. Go Gators!!!
I'll just be glad that Tebow isn't there. I just couldn't stand the hype and all of the gushing that the announcers and the officials did for the guy. I couldn't watch the Gators play without actually hoping for them to not only lose but for Tebow to get knocked around. He just isn't that good... He's a good athlete and seems like a nice guy... but he isn't a great QB. That team (and the officials to be technical) pulled the Gators to the SEC Championship... but all we heard was Tebow Tebow Tebow. ugh! Sorry for ranting... Anyway.

One of the greatest moments - if not the greatest - of last season:

My signature on another forum:
[Reply]
E.J. 07:52 AM 08-03-2010
Go Utes!
[Reply]
marge796 09:04 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Go Utes!

First off this little lady is a cutie!

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!

I can't wait!

Chris.....
[Reply]
CheapHumidors 10:03 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
Same here, brother! The greatest game play happens on the college field nowadays... and I'm sick of all of the player melodrama in the NFL. There's just something more pure about college ball. They're just out there to win, they're not focusing on a TD bonus check or contract renewals and how much money they're worth. No, these kids are out there playing for their spot on the roster and for the big W.

...God I love college football!

PS: Wooooooo Pig Sooieeeeeee!
Amen. I can't freaking wait for football. I'm running out of recorded games on my DVR and need my fix! USF Has Skip Holtz this year and a good quarterback and some other good fresh legs. I'm excited to see what we can do!

GO BULLS! :-)
[Reply]
Pass 06:52 PM 08-14-2010
Update: T-20days and counting!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:56 PM 08-14-2010
Can't Wait! Roll, Tide!:-)
[Reply]
Chingas 07:24 PM 08-14-2010
Poke fun at me all you want but I'm 100% Irish. ND that is. College Football is the only sport I follow and am excited as hell to get the game day rallies going once again.

Unfortunetly, this year is big at work and for 45 days during the season I'll be doing a lot of cheering thru the iPhone only.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:26 AM 09-02-2010
Should be up tailgating by 2:00 today.... VERY excited for tonight... GO UTES!!!
[Reply]
Chingas 09:43 AM 09-02-2010
Our first game Is this Saturday. And I am EXCITED!!!
[Reply]
E.J. 10:13 AM 09-02-2010
Chingas,

My Utes should be coming into ND Stadium in November to kick Hell out of the Irish....:-)
[Reply]
Chingas 11:19 AM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Chingas,

My Utes should be coming into ND Stadium in November to kick Hell out of the Irish....:-)
I'd line to say with two weeks of practice and a home field game we would look better them normal against Utah but my gut tells me it's gonna be another very ugly Irish Year.
[Reply]
xlc12rf 01:42 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Our first game Is this Saturday. And I am EXCITED!!!
X2 I'm going crazy.
[Reply]
BigCat 02:40 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
I'd line to say with two weeks of practice and a home field game we would look better them normal against Utah but my gut tells me it's gonna be another very ugly Irish Year.
As a Michigan fan, I hope so!
[Reply]
Chingas 02:43 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by BigCat:
As a Michigan fan, I hope so!
If we beat Navy and loose to everyone else, then it's a good year.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up