Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana Reserva Especial - El Jocko
omowasu 07:36 PM 09-16-2012
LFD Reserva Especial El Jocko

The LFD Reserval Especial El Jocko is a great looking cigar, a nice solid figurado measuring 4.5x54. The cigar tapers down to a nice cap which for a smaller cut than the cigar diameter. This provides the opportunity to sip the smoke, and really helps with the tasting.

Unfortunately, this cigar just didnt do it for me. I originally bought the cigar under the impression that it would maintain the LFD strength throughout the cigar. This was a more medium-mild smoke that greeted me with a peppery blast quickly settling down to leathery notes with a coffee background. The flavor remained one-dimensional for the entire smoke, although bitterness creeped up after the 1/3 mark.

I dont know if this one would be any better in Maduro form, and Im not inclined to find out.
Attached: LFD Reserva Especial Jocko R.jpg (61.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Ogre 07:49 PM 09-16-2012
Thanks for the review brother. I love the LFD line, but may wait on this one.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:18 PM 09-17-2012
The maduro version of this stick is FANTASTIC...especially with some age on them. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
shilala 03:20 PM 09-17-2012
Mac beat me to the punch. :-)
I wouldn't be likely to buy this stick just based on that Ecuadorian wrapper. I just don't care for them, they lean to the bitter and blah side.
A nice oily, dark, sweet wrapper on this cigar makes a WORLD of difference. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:23 PM 09-17-2012
This line has been around for quite a few years. I remember when they had them with a cameroon wrapper - quite tasty.
[Reply]
Up