Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars
Tio Gato 03:29 PM 05-06-2019
And if the ex left anything in your place sell it and buy smokes.
[Reply]
Beagleone 08:22 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
And if the ex left anything in your place sell it and buy smokes.
I would arrange for her to pick it up and when you see her approaching you, light up a cigar and start puffing, building up a large cloud of smoke that she will have to wade though to get her stuff. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:55 AM 05-07-2019
for something that starts out saying you were the perfect couple or she was perfect even ... .makes you wonder what your definition of perfect is.
[Reply]
nutcracker 09:57 AM 05-07-2019
The attitudes of friends and significant other’s can impact your enjoyment of the hobby. This ranges from participating or encouraging - to ambivalence to darn right opposition. The real challenge is that attitudes sometime change - and never underestimate the power of the anti tobacco lobby to change hearts and minds.

I just want to be accepted for who I am - beer belly, cigars and bald head. Pretence is a terrible thing as you will only be lying to yourself.

An understanding partner will live with it and still care about you- even if they don’t like your smoking as they perceive it to be detrimental to your health.

To me it’s more than cigars or whatever other flaws you may have - I want to honest with myself and anyone who chooses to care about me.

Rant off. Preacher mode off.

Try a Por Laranaga and see what the poet is one about!
[Reply]
The camaro show 12:56 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by SMOKING CAMPER:
Sorry to here that, the best remedy if I may is to get a CABINET. Then keep it loaded with everything you enjoy smoking. That way when you get your next girl she knows exactly who you are & what you like.
That’s not a bad idea!
[Reply]
icehog3 02:55 PM 05-07-2019
Sorry to hear it, Chayse.
[Reply]
The camaro show 04:49 PM 05-07-2019
Thanks everyone
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:23 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by T.G:
I was going to go with THIS, but it looks like TCS got over it pretty quick.
I love it! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:58 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by The camaro show:
I had a very bad day today. My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me today. So she is very anti tobacco and treats cigars like cigarettes which we all know how different they are on here. She always said she wouldn’t kiss me if I smoked and today she found my stash in my room and totally went off. She was like I told you to never smoke and what are these and how long have you been smoking and I said about 7 months and she was like well you should have told me when you started and not hid them from me. Then broke up me. We were the perfect couple.
Sounds to me that you were far from the perfect couple. Perfect couples respect each other, and each other's hobbies. She didn't respect yours, and you didn't respect her by lying to her and hiding your hobby.

It hurts now, but I think that in the end, you will be much happier with a new, supportive, girlfriend. Remember what Zino Davidoff said "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar, change your wife."
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:58 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Remember what Zino Davidoff said "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar, change your wife."
Yup.

Best to have you vices on table very early into dating. Perhaps a picture of you with a cigar if you do a dating site. Smoking a cigar, cleaning your guns, wearing the t-shirt of your preferred political party. Maybe not those exact activities, but you get the idea...
[Reply]
RickT 07:15 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by T.G:
No you were not.

If that was how it was going to go down, then it's better it ended now than a few years down the road.
Yep...
[Reply]
The camaro show 07:21 PM 06-17-2019
Thanks guys
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up