Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 90
« First < 456 781656 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>pnoon's what cigar did you smoke today VII?
RevSmoke 07:59 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Thursday and Friday cigars.

How do you like the Charter Oak? Give a bit of a description.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:41 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:

La Careme Cosacos.
Originally Posted by Weelok:
How did you like it?
I thought it was pretty good, smooth flavors with some chocolate and cream notes. I am going to let the rest sit for a bit to my desired humidity, I am thinking I will like these even better when they're a little less "wet".
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:08 AM 03-30-2019

From yesterday/last night l had...
Crowned Heads Headley Grange - really tasty smoke, very much enjoyed that aspect of it, however lacking a little in body for my taste..
H Upmann AJ Fernandez - loved this one, another AJ blend I'm adding to my to-get-more-of list
Also had a My father No. 2 (no photo) which was a bit early/young but still very nice.
[Reply]
dijit 09:47 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

From yesterday/last night l had...
Crowned Heads Headley Grange - really tasty smoke, very much enjoyed that aspect of it, however lacking a little in body for my taste..
H Upmann AJ Fernandez - loved this one, another AJ blend I'm adding to my to-get-more-of list
Also had a My father No. 2 (no photo) which was a bit early/young but still very nice.
Although Crowned Heads age their tobacco pre and post rolled product it has been my experience 6 months to 2 years plus to really bring out their flavors. Especially in the Headley Grange and Jericho Hill lines.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:03 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by dijit:
Although Crowned Heads age their tobacco pre and post rolled product it has been my experience 6 months to 2 years plus to really bring out their flavors. Especially in the Headley Grange and Jericho Hill lines.
Thanks for the tip dijit!! Yeah I'm still kind of early in the game as far as trying a lot of new stuff, but I will definitely make a note to set some aside to rest longer.
Thinking once I get some empty boxes (currently have none to spare thanks to all the 5 & 10 packs I've ordered recently) that I will designate a few to put some cigars in that will benefit from some age...pepin blue, black & white are definitely in the early running, but will make a note to add some Crowned Heads to that list as well! :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 02:18 PM 03-30-2019

LADC Edicion Especial - been trying to leave a box of these alone in the humidor but couldn't resist - I love these things, spectacular cigar!
[Reply]
EricF 03:08 PM 03-30-2019
601 Blue Robusto in honor of our favorite madurowhore...Mac!

Rest in peace brother!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:24 PM 03-30-2019
I was digging around in the coolerdor today, hoping to find something... and I did. This came to me a few years back from Mac... I'd been saving it for a special occasion. Today I fired it up in memory of him.

It was amazing!

[Reply]
dijit 03:30 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
I was digging around in the coolerdor today, hoping to find something... and I did. This came to me a few years back from Mac... I'd been saving it for a special occasion. Today I fired it up in memory of him.

It was amazing!

My favorite of the Oliva line
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:41 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by dijit:
My favorite of the Oliva line
I am still a bigger fan of the Serie V, but these are nice. Too bad they are all gone (unless of course you find some stashed away somewhere).
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:26 PM 03-30-2019
Murcielago Toro
[Reply]
Tio Gato 05:01 PM 03-30-2019
Ortega Serie D #7. Nice cigar.
[Reply]
Weelok 10:43 PM 03-30-2019
Last night I actually only smoked th S & B so the Fausto is on deck later. The S & B is many years old and was a slow burning Full body full strength little bugger so I was done hah.

Imagetd bank com hours

Tonight first cigar up is thanks to Massphatness.
[Reply]
Weelok 10:49 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
How do you like the Charter Oak? Give a bit of a description.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
It was good. I only had the one as it came from some great CA brother in a lottery I won. It was a typical good quality Connecticut shade cigar which isn’t normally something I reach for but it was an early morning cigar and fit the bill nicely.

Construction was great, flavors on point of cream and cedar, burn great.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:37 AM 03-31-2019
Last night -

Don Pepin Blue - ive come to realize that Pepin's stuff benefits immensely from longer spells in the humidor and BOY does that pay off! Wonderful, well rounded cigar, easily in my current top 5 (the Cuban classic is in there too). Hear a lot of people toss around the label "Fuente whore", so I suspect that makes me a "Pepin prostitute":-)

And this morning -

GotF Apollo - amazing as always, the cigar that made cigars a "once in a while treat" for me to "holy moly, I need to smoke as many quality cigars as I can afford" :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 01:55 PM 03-31-2019
This afternoon -

Punch Signature - one of the most leathery profiles I've smoked to date. Imagine rolling up Henry Winkler/The Fonz in a cigar and smoking it. Minus the all the hair. Ayyyyy. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:21 PM 03-31-2019
AVO Classic, which went surprisingly well with some Ardbeg 10.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:16 AM 04-02-2019

CAO La Traviata - Love these things, affordable, consistent and most importantly, delicious! Down to only 3-4 boxes in the humidor, which means it's time to order more!! :-) in all seriousness though, i do need to get around to trying the La Traviata maduro...
[Reply]
Tio Gato 08:32 PM 04-02-2019
Lunatic small robusto
Te-Amo robusto natural
[Reply]
Weelok 09:51 PM 04-02-2019
Cigars from last few nights.

[Reply]
Page 6 of 90
« First < 456 781656 > Last »
Up