Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>The 19th Hole
colimo 03:10 PM 10-09-2018
here is a link to a fantastic deal for a travel golf tourney to the DR. great course and value:

https://www.casadecampo.com.do/golf/...-championship/

am thinking about going myself
[Reply]
SurfnSafari 05:09 PM 10-09-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Oh, for Pete's sake. No one told the kid that life was going to be a Rose garden. :-)

I honestly felt sorry for the boy, he was polite, respectful, and the Player lost a fan. Kids remember good, and bad people. This was not a good experience.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:53 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Oh, for Pete's sake. No one told the kid that life was going to be a Rose garden. :-)
Originally Posted by SurfnSafari:
I honestly felt sorry for the boy, he was polite, respectful, and the Player lost a fan. Kids remember good, and bad people. This was not a good experience.
Yeah, I was just sayin'..... :-)
[Reply]
JasonDuranceau 07:31 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by colimo:
here is a link to a fantastic deal for a travel golf tourney to the DR. great course and value:

https://www.casadecampo.com.do/golf/...-championship/

am thinking about going myself
I've played Casa de Campo down there. What an amazing course! We saw Former President Carter there while he was golfing. I asked the caddy what was happening on the hole close to us because there was like 20 people in one spot!

Anyway, if you get the chance, play it! It's beautiful. Several holes on the ocean.
[Reply]
JasonDuranceau 07:37 PM 10-10-2018
Wednesday golf day, another beautiful day in sunny San Diego! Front 9 was a little rough today but pulled it together for a good back to salvage the round.

Our course is in great shape! Too bad we close down for 10 days starting next Monday to punch the greens. Oh well, we'll have to travel and play some of the other great courses around here.

If anyone gets out here and wants to play, let me know!
[Reply]
colimo 08:36 PM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by JasonDuranceau:
I've played Casa de Campo down there. What an amazing course! We saw Former President Carter there while he was golfing. I asked the caddy what was happening on the hole close to us because there was like 20 people in one spot!

Anyway, if you get the chance, play it! It's beautiful. Several holes on the ocean.
teeth of the dog there is awesome, rated # 1 course in Carribean...loved it...and that is a great deal
[Reply]
tsolomon 07:53 AM 10-11-2018
Played yesterday with 35+ mph wind gusts from the hurricane and watched as my ball just got held up short and to the side of the greens. I need to work on my low stinger shot off the tee. :-)
[Reply]
JasonDuranceau 01:55 PM 10-13-2018
35 mph winds are brutal! We played up in Central California close to the coast and the afternoons got pretty windy, but I doubt it was that gusty! Hopefully the course isn't too wet and you can get out there again!
[Reply]
colimo 10:18 PM 10-13-2018
played yesterday and today, temps in low 60s....snow tomorrow and 25 degrees
[Reply]
JasonDuranceau 05:23 PM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by colimo:
played yesterday and today, temps in low 60s....snow tomorrow and 25 degrees
I grew up in the Midwest and always snuck in as much golf as possible before the snow came. It sucked not playing for 5-6 months. I count my blessings to be able to play year round in San Diego.
[Reply]
colimo 06:45 PM 10-16-2018
snow and 25 degrees on sunday for bronco game (ugh)

snow gone today, 60 degrees, 18 holes 2.4 hours...smoked an herrera estelli and a PLPC on course...:-)
[Reply]
JasonDuranceau 11:43 PM 10-19-2018
Played a very challenging course today, not very long, but really tight with small, firm, and quick greens. I was happy to post a decent score, and enjoy 80 degree weather! I'm gonna ha e to ogre out how to post pictures on here. Please share your pics of golf if you have them! (And know how!)
[Reply]
Brian D. 05:09 AM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by JasonDuranceau:
Played a very challenging course today, not very long, but really tight with small, firm, and quick greens.

Be honest: Am I the only one who thought this description of the golf course made it sound kinda sexy? :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up