Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Beats headphones anyone?
ksknnr 01:41 PM 03-09-2018
Anyone have Beats Wireless on ear headphones? I have been thinking about buying a pair, but wanted to get some opinions before dropping $200+ on them
[Reply]
mk05 01:50 PM 03-09-2018
Surely, everyone will know what headphones you are wearing. That is for certain.
[Reply]
shilala 01:54 PM 03-09-2018
Ya know, they used to be junk.
I've heard they came around, but I don't know how far.
I think you should check out arstechnica and see some talk and reviews.
Sennheiser makes excellent stuff for that kind of money and there are tons of wireless options that are really nice for far, far less money.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find out!!! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:55 PM 03-09-2018
I own the Beats Studio wireless and absolutely love them.
[Reply]
massphatness 02:55 PM 03-09-2018
Back in 2015, a Boston-based VC did a tear down of the head phones and found that Beats included metal weights in their device. The thinking was the heftier feel would translate to the assumption of a premium quality product.

Have always been leery of them since then. Would rather have my assumption of quality come from the actual auditory experience than how they felt in my hand.
[Reply]
BigAsh 05:29 AM 03-10-2018
I have a pair of Beats Solo and have no complaints at all...
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:06 AM 03-10-2018
I’ve had the beats studio wireless, the newer solo with the new Apple chip, and the Powerbeats.

Studio and solo have been great. Good sound quality and battery life has lasted. Powerbeats are trash. They break very easily and if you sweat in them they will eventually stop working. Even though they are marketed to workout in. My next on ear or over the ear headphone will not be from Beats.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:38 AM 03-10-2018
I have the skull candy uproar wireless and love them. I got them for $20 and they work great. Just my :-) for a cheaper brand
[Reply]
icehog3 09:52 AM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by shilala:
Sennheiser makes excellent stuff for that kind of money and there are tons of wireless options that are really nice for far, far less money.
That right there. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:58 AM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That right there. :-)
:-)

I wouldn't waste your money, let alone mine, on a pair of Cheats, errr, Beats.
[Reply]
shilala 01:15 PM 03-10-2018
Regardless of how you go, there's 20% off at ebay (that isn't really 20% off).
But I saw beats solo 3 wireless at around $135 with the 20 bucks off (which is what the 20% is, because it's capped at the first $100).
Sometimes the internet is tricky.
[Reply]
hwgoesit 04:09 PM 03-10-2018
There are a lot of quality Bluetooth sets on the market today. I think you pay a premium for beats. They are heavy bass, sound is colored. If you listen to pop or rap, they are for you. I’d listen to other sets. There are better (more natural sounding ones) on the market for less. I noticed that many brands lean bass heavy now in light of Beats success
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 06:05 PM 03-10-2018
I'm generally not a fan of bose products, but their quiet comfort series are known to be great. If you travel much, their noise cancellation is supposedly second to none. You can get the QC35 for a bit over $200 if you wait for a sale.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:45 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Back in 2015, a Boston-based VC did a tear down of the head phones and found that Beats included metal weights in their device. The thinking was the heftier feel would translate to the assumption of a premium quality product.

Have always been leery of them since then. Would rather have my assumption of quality come from the actual auditory experience than how they felt in my hand.
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
I'm generally not a fan of bose products, but their quiet comfort series are known to be great. If you travel much, their noise cancellation is supposedly second to none. You can get the QC35 for a bit over $200 if you wait for a sale.
All of this. They quality of the Beats are sketchy. As much as I loathe Bose, the headphones are really nice.

What are you planing on using them for? General listening? Movies? Exercise?
[Reply]
ksknnr 06:25 AM 03-12-2018
thank you for the input everyone, going to do a little more research, also my son told me I was too old for beats, so that may be a factor, haha
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:09 AM 03-12-2018
I have a wireless pair and never use them. They work OK and all that, but was a waste of money. My gf uses them now.
[Reply]
mk05 01:14 PM 03-12-2018
FWIW, no one's anatomy is the same. Some people have more papillae, more olfactory senses, and in this case, ears that can discern sounds more critically. As for myself, I don't think I can discern sound very well!

My advice, go to a big box store, and try the speakers with a control input. See if the higher end stuff makes a difference. Yes, it is nice to have expensive things. However, getting older, I notice that I have accumulated stuff that is rather useless to me.
[Reply]
massphatness 02:12 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by mk05:
However, getting older ...
:-)
[Reply]
danhuges 10:34 PM 08-18-2019
Any updates for this year? How about Bose?
[Reply]
markem 11:44 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by danhuges:
Any updates for this year? How about Bose?
Given that you sell Bose ...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up