Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Tea Discussion>Recommendations for Tea Retailers?
cashed ash 11:35 PM 09-26-2009
Originally Posted by renton20:
http://www.teasource.com/ is another great place. They are my local tea shop, my B&M so to speak and I love their teas. I don't have much experience with other retailers but I have always enjoyed what I've gotten from them and they have always treated me right.
Same here. I just bought a sampler of 8 different teas. They are good teas. I am not an experienced tea drinker but I know I will not be going to target for tea anymore.
[Reply]
eber 03:12 PM 10-09-2009
I have used adagio a couple times adagio.com
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 04:24 PM 10-20-2009
If your looking to try True Chinese tea, www.jingteashop.com is about the best money can buy.
Tell Jing or Sebastian S.T sent ya!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 04:43 PM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
http://www.teavana.com/ I use these guys because they have a shop close to me and an excellent selection and quality.
Originally Posted by TanithT:
I'll second Teavana. Ridiculously expensive but oh so delicious.
I'll pass this motion. Teavana is very pricey but they never disappoint. I've tried others to my dissatisfaction. Lupicia is pretty good too and their tins are less expensive.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 06:36 PM 10-20-2009
Teavana to me is like Starbucks hahaha Bringing knowledge to people that could in other ways Never know what Quality is, But they do wonders in malls, and for the basic Tea drinker, Me, there chinese tea ( if you can track down the roots of there names they call them) isnt up to par. Normally when you buy chinese loose leaf over seas, Its That season, and if its a little after a season or so old- its gone. Then you see other companys sell it for somewhat more! ( always check for dates if your able :-) you will taste the difference and thank me)

But nothing wrong with the people who Enjyo Teavana, a bit pricey is an understatement but Im extremely biased on Chinese tea so theres my 2 little pennies
[Reply]
mariogolbee 06:41 PM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
Teavana to me is like Starbucks hahaha Bringing knowledge to people that could in other ways Never know what Quality is, But they do wonders in malls, and for the basic Tea drinker, Me, there chinese tea ( if you can track down the roots of there names they call them) isnt up to par. Normally when you buy chinese loose leaf over seas, Its That season, and if its a little after a season or so old- its gone. Then you see other companys sell it for somewhat more! ( always check for dates if your able :-) you will taste the difference and thank me)

But nothing wrong with the people who Enjyo Teavana, a bit pricey is an understatement but Im extremely biased on Chinese tea so theres my 2 little pennies
And your recommendations? I'm always looking for a better source.
[Reply]
ZachF88 05:23 PM 12-11-2009
Love Teavana! I drink several cups a day!
[Reply]
loki 06:17 PM 12-11-2009
my fiancee uses adagio.com for all her teas. she seems to be very happy with them..she's been getting more packages then I have.
[Reply]
Steelergar 07:29 AM 12-12-2009
yeah, I gave up on Teavanna a couple months ago because the one close to me stopped carrying gunpowder green tea (my go to green tea) and the next closest price one Sencha, I do not like. The next closest price one after that is around 11.50 for 2 ounces which is too rich for me. So I started using Earthfare, if your in the SouthEast you might have one, their based out of Asheville NC. I ran into another place on Church Street here in Charleston I want to check out called tea empourium located in a wealthy neighborhood here. I'm curious to see what they have.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 04:49 PM 01-04-2010
stopped into a Teavana this weekend, spent some money, and am happy with the results.

I primarily drink black tea, and their Black Dragon Pearl and Copper Knot Hongcha are both excellent

the almost biscotti is good too :-)
[Reply]
tchariya 12:07 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
English Tea Store has some very good deals on tea. Don't get ripped off, try ETS.
I second this. ETS ships fast and has very decent prices.
[Reply]
whodeeni 10:49 AM 01-26-2010
www.rosemountainherbs.com

They have a great assortment of teas and
herbs, you just have to know what you're
looking for. The prices are excellent too!
[Reply]
DocLogic77 08:29 AM 06-25-2010
I only use http://www.jas-etea.com/

Knowledgeable owner and a terrific selection of well cared for aged Pu-erh teas.
[Reply]
lbowles2 10:47 AM 06-25-2010
My problem is I don't know much about teas so a place like Teavana that I can walk into is invaluable. I know I am paying extra but I am willing to pay a bit extra because of my ignorance :-) I try to look at some of the sites that you guys have posted and I just plain don't know what I'm looking for. I suppose as I get more experienced that will change but until then Teavana here I come. I just wish it wasn't a hour away from home :-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 10:57 AM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by DocLogic77:
I only use http://www.jas-etea.com/

Knowledgeable owner and a terrific selection of well cared for aged Pu-erh teas.
great source! I have never been there before. www.jingteashop.com is my go too but this also looks like a great source for Chinese Tea
[Reply]
Sawyer 11:22 AM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by lbowles2:
My problem is I don't know much about teas so a place like Teavana that I can walk into is invaluable. I know I am paying extra but I am willing to pay a bit extra because of my ignorance :-) I try to look at some of the sites that you guys have posted and I just plain don't know what I'm looking for. I suppose as I get more experienced that will change but until then Teavana here I come. I just wish it wasn't a hour away from home :-)
My only problem with Teavana, other than price, is that they have too much fruit in their teas. They are almost all blended or flavored with fruit. Saying that, the My Morning Mate has almost replaced coffee for me. Delicious stuff and at least as much caffiene as coffee. I wish it wasn't so darn expensive.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:41 AM 06-25-2010
Fortnum & Mason is one of the best and most renown tea shops in the western world.

Fortnum & Mason
181 Piccadilly
Westminster, London

www.fortnumandmason.com
[Reply]
Steelergar 06:46 PM 06-25-2010
If you guys are ever in Charleston check out the charleston tea plantation on Wadamaw Island or their store on meeting street across from the visitors center. Their the only comercial tea garden in America. They make tea for bigelow too. As well as firefly vodka.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 01:28 AM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
great source! I have never been there before. www.jingteashop.com is my go too but this also looks like a great source for Chinese Tea
Stephen takes good care of his customers and has a nice selection of aged Pu-erhs. If he doesn't have what you are looking for he can usually find it.
[Reply]
netsurfr 06:47 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by DocLogic77:
Stephen takes good care of his customers and has a nice selection of aged Pu-erhs. If he doesn't have what you are looking for he can usually find it.
Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. We specialize in pu-erh teas but also carry a nice selection of black, green, white, and oolong teas. If we don't have a pu-erh tea that you are interested in, we will make every effort to acquire it for you at the best possible price. In addition, if you find a US-based pu-erh price cheaper than mine, we will match it or beat it.

My wife and I run a small business that take care of after the normal business day is done in our regular jobs and on the weekend. Despite that, I think that we provide some of the best customer service on the internet.

We would love to be your tea source of choice on the Internet. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Steve
www.JAS-eTea.com
sales@JAS-eTea.com
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up