Page 5 of 350
« First < 345 671555105 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
DavenportESQ 03:45 AM 10-24-2008
What is white flood?
The Professor 04:33 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
What is white flood?
Pre-lifting supp by "Controlled Labs" that a lot of us take. Basically energy + focus + NO booster. Get some crazy pumps and the occasional berzerker feeling on it (that would probably be the beta alanine). :-)

Regular dose is 2 scoops. Someone your size could easily do 3 once you're used to it. 4 would be complete insanity and land you in an asylum. Just ask icehog. :-) :-)
The Professor 06:22 AM 10-24-2008
OK ... I'm definitely showing improvement on chest. Still a weak-assed mutha****a (especially given my OK deadlift and squat for a beginner); but I'm getting better and that's a big deal for me. A couple of months ago, on incline, I remember working *up* to 95lbs for 5. Today I started with 95 for 10 as a warmup ... working up to 135 for 3. If I hadn't done flat for quite a few sets beforehand and warmed up for so many reps (also did 115s), I could have done more. Anyway, it was a big deal for me. :-) I think next week, I'm gonna stay OFF the smith for all my exercises. :-) Also, I'm pretty sure I could do 185 for 1 on flat bench. I just need a spotter I can trust....

Hope everyone has a good day in the gym! :-)
replicant_argent 06:41 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by The Professor:
OK ... I'm definitely showing improvement on chest. Still a weak-assed mutha****a (especially given my OK deadlift and squat for a beginner); but I'm getting better and that's a big deal for me. A couple of months ago, on incline, I remember working *up* to 95lbs for 5. Today I started with 95 for 10 as a warmup ... working up to 135 for 3. If I hadn't done flat for quite a few sets beforehand and warmed up for so many reps (also did 115s), I could have done more. Anyway, it was a big deal for me. :-) I think next week, I'm gonna stay OFF the smith for all my exercises. :-) Also, I'm pretty sure I could do 185 for 1 on flat bench. I just need a spotter I can trust....

Hope everyone has a good day in the gym! :-)
:-)
Andyman 06:49 AM 10-24-2008
hey guys, it's been a while.

Glad to hear everyones workouts have been good. I just hit my 1 year anniversary in the Gym this week. After a slow summer the last month has been crazy. PR's almost daily.

lift on,

A
Resipsa 07:33 AM 10-24-2008
lift lift lift.......run run run.......that is all.
Sancho 08:30 AM 10-24-2008
Broke my clip-in pedal on the ride to work this morning, probably not going to make it to the gym today if I have to walk home :-) Hopefully I can scavenge a bolt from somewhere around here...
DavenportESQ 08:31 AM 10-24-2008
Congrats to all on the pr's...
White flood eh? Is it similar to No Explode? I have taken No Explode, MHp's version, and Cytosports version which all sound similar. I liked it for lifiting, but I found that I need more of a boost at practice. I didn't like the feeling that They gave me because I felt a lot more jittery. Right now I take Bodyquick, avail at bodybuilding.com I take 1 pill in the AM, but 3 before practice. This helps focus without the jittery effect, the other day I took it and I had it to where I could feel nothing but my big toe, and when I felt my toe, it was going to be a good throw!

That may sound crazy, but this is an asylum afterall
DavenportESQ 08:36 AM 10-24-2008
Today was a good day, but nothing to write home about

More Speed work with a tendo.

Worked Box Squats at 1 m/s up to 365x3. Its raining here, im tired, and I need a nap!
icehog3 09:16 AM 10-24-2008
I'm a big fan of the White Flood before lifting, but I need something else for hockey, just as you need something else for practice, Dave.

The White Flood blows away NO-Explode for lifting though. :-)

I am letting the drugs kick in and then am off to kick some azz at the gym.
DavenportESQ 09:17 AM 10-24-2008
So whats the secret to the Hogs hockey game?
icehog3 09:29 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
So whats the secret to the Hogs hockey game?
A psuedo ephedra tablet and some ABB Extreme Ripped Force is my current combo, Dave. :-)
zemekone 10:01 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
A psuedo ephedra tablet and some ABB Extreme Ripped Force is my current combo, Dave. :-)
Vasopro by Mega-Pro International?
King James 12:12 PM 10-24-2008
Upper body day today..... hopefully ganna kill it

"Light Weight!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1KD7cGRDDc
icehog3 03:52 PM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by zemekone:
Vasopro by Mega-Pro International?
Wal-phed from Walgreens. :-)
Sailchaser 04:32 PM 10-24-2008
Well made it to the local establishment and the checked all the ranges and started a light weight routine to check on the ability to do weights with the replacement hips, all good, arms and chest all set and the modified some leg excerises so I can do them all except for reverse leg curls not enough range of motion. Not a lot of reps but did 2x10 of everything with light weights and I could walk out with a smile on my face.
Genetic Defect 05:44 PM 10-24-2008
Good to hear Chris :-)
DavenportESQ 06:53 PM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by Sailchaser:
Well made it to the local establishment and the checked all the ranges and started a light weight routine to check on the ability to do weights with the replacement hips, all good, arms and chest all set and the modified some leg excerises so I can do them all except for reverse leg curls not enough range of motion. Not a lot of reps but did 2x10 of everything with light weights and I could walk out with a smile on my face.
Progress=positive!
leasingthisspace 01:46 AM 10-25-2008
I just read though this thread and I have to say you guys have me pumped up for working out tonight. I am more into the cardio and light weights cuz that is what I was told to do to burn up fat, is that right?

I shoot for 35-50 mins on the eliptical machine followed by 3-5 sets 50%max with 20-30 reps with 1 minute or less between sets. Every other day I run about 3 miles for a morning cardio. With my workouts I am trying to burn fat. Since I really started I lost almost 40 lbs in like 3 months.

I also started eating better. I try for 180-200 grams of protein a day. Sundays are my off days no workout/ eat whatever/ just strech. I am shooting for 185-190 lbs before I start changing the workout to grow me some show me muscles.

Any advice on weather or not this good would be very helpful. Thanks.
zemekone 07:54 AM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Wal-phed from Walgreens. :-)
im intreguied...

ill look for it... :-)
Page 5 of 350
« First < 345 671555105 > Last »
Up